fbpx

Beast Legends

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Beast Legends

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

Have you ever seen the TV show called Beast Legends? I ran across it while channel surfing and thought it might be something you (and everyone else on the forum) might be interested in. It is about searching for the inspiration behind mythical beasties and the show I caught was about griffins. It actually talks about anatomy/history/plausibility of the critter and is hosted by a team of zoologists and biologists and assisted by a graphic artist and a CGI animator to make the critter come to life.
        http://www.history.ca/ontv/titledetails.aspx?titleid=250126

Lokie
        Participant

For anyone interested in the show and doesn’t have cable and can’t get the “watch video” links to work on the website (they said video currently unavailable for me 😕 ), there are three episodes for free viewing on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/beast-legends

Melody
          Keymaster

foxfeather wrote:

Have you ever seen the TV show called Beast Legends? I ran across it while channel surfing and thought it might be something you (and everyone else on the forum) might be interested in. It is about searching for the inspiration behind mythical beasties and the show I caught was about griffins. It actually talks about anatomy/history/plausibility of the critter and is hosted by a team of zoologists and biologists and assisted by a graphic artist and a CGI animator to make the critter come to life.
            http://www.history.ca/ontv/titledetails.aspx?titleid=250126

That is neat! I tried to watch a little of it on my computer here, but it loaded so slowly It was like a slide show. We don’t have a working tv, but I will watch it all on Hulu when I get a minute..(ha)
            I have already learned something I didn’t know; griffins were imagined as being huge, like dragons!

WolfenMachine
            Participant

That would explain why the male griffin Windstone sculpture is about the same size as the male dragon sculpture. Don’t kid us Melody, we know you knew it all along 😉 hehe

Melody
              Keymaster

I just watched the whole show on griffins… its kinda silly, but I liked the ending when the griffin collected interesting objects like a packrat would, that is something I always thought griffins would do! Though mine only collect worthless things like exercycles and rusted out BBQs…
                I also noticed that this show didn’t try to make a griffins wings work. They totally ignored the nearly irreconcilable problem of wing musculature in a quadruped.
                I ignore it too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.