fbpx

Base coat question?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Base coat question?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Laurie
      Participant

Ok so I was looking thru some tips posted on the message board and saw people talking about base coating pyo’s before painting them. Is there any kind of special paint you use or do you just apply some white acrylic paint? How much do you thin it and how many coats would you put on? I’m asking since I have a pyo griffon I want to try and airbrush/brush paint. Thankies ๐Ÿ˜€

Jennifer
        Keymaster

purpledoggy wrote:

Ok so I was looking thru some tips posted on the message board and saw people talking about base coating pyo’s before painting them. Is there any kind of special paint you use or do you just apply some white acrylic paint? How much do you thin it and how many coats would you put on? I’m asking since I have a pyo griffon I want to try and airbrush/brush paint. Thankies ๐Ÿ˜€

I just use acrylic of whatever color is going to be the lightest color of my PYO. ๐Ÿ™‚ I only apply one thin coat, or the paint can start to fill in the details.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

I typically apply a base coat too. I find that my paint or pastel adheres in a more even fashion when I use a base coat. I use either white or ivory, whichever I’m using in my color scheme.

Laurie
          Participant

Cool I’m gonna try a base coat of white and see how that goes. Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.