fbpx

Bad red letters at top of the page

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Bad red letters at top of the page

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Oh noes! I’ll actually have to go on facebook or twitter! ack!!!

Well, I’ll be driving for 5 hours on that day (starting about that time) anyway, so…. I shouldn’t be too terrible. Taking care of the drooling cat should distract me. lol

Nope, no addiction at all (I’ve gone into withdrawl when I couldn’t get on as much, that and I usually check all the posts since last visit. There’s 56 this time… 😮 )

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Melody wrote:

2Huberts wrote:

Oh well, thanks Snap for letting us know. How long for the forum do you think? 🙄

Everybody can talk on facebook or twitter!

There’s the livejournal option as well!

BDW
      Participant

😮 I bet ya that Windstone came up with the idea to create a forum they did not anticipate that it would also create another form of addiction besides the scupltures themselves. XD

I’m I right Melody?
        Did you ever think it would come to this? 🙂

siberakh1
        Participant

Well, if it isn’t up by the time I go to work, I can’t access Facebook from there. I can get livejournal though (I just read the twitter site… I don’t have an account there).

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Looks like the forum is back right now, but it sure looks different in the default style. Can’t wait for an explanation of all the new features.

kitsunelady
            Participant

It’s blowin’ my mind =0 @ the strangeness

I guess making comments on it’s current state are not allowed. >.>; @ Snap’s message

Okay, I don’t think I like this new set up one bit. First I can no longer just hit, view posts since last visit. I am not going to be able to find a damn thing now! The old set up was so much better, why did we change to this POS?

Kyrin

kitsunelady
              Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Okay, I don’t think I like this new set up one bit. First I can no longer just hit, view posts since last visit. I am not going to be able to find a damn thing now! The old set up was so much better, why did we change to this POS?

Kyrin

Gah. O snap, Snap will freak out. >.> He says this is just the basic format, and that he’ll “fix” everything. Didn’t you read his “READ THIS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!” thread? @.@

He’s going to :spank: !

But I don’t think it’s fair to expect us not to piss and moan, really. D: That would happen on any forum. Heck, on Gaia, all they have to do is introduce one new item, or change one tiny button/link, and there are fifty threads by people cursing its existence/the change, lol…

In this case, it’s at least nothing personal. c.c

dragonmedley
                Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I can no longer just hit, view posts since last visit.

If you click on “View new posts”, I think it’s the equivalent of “Posts since last visit”.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

siberakh1
                  Participant

phpbb has a default, but Snap is also doing upgrades on a few other forums at the same time. Formatting will change, but it takes time. So, it’s the question of whether you want the forum down for several days while formatting and upgrades are complete or up and useable in a few hours with tweaking coming within the next few days. 🙂

Will it be different and take some getting used to? Yes. I remember when the JET forum I was on changed. We started out on YahooGroups, then we created a forum and got a website, then it was upgraded to phpbb. Balking occurred in the initial month when the phpbb occurred, but things settled out and it was a thing of the past (has some updated features). Took a short time to get kinks and formatting corrected, but the dust settled quickly.

Leigha
                    Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Kyrin

Gah. O snap, Snap will freak out. >.> He says this is just the basic format, and that he’ll “fix” everything. Didn’t you read his “READ THIS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!” thread? @.@

But I don’t think it’s fair to expect us not to piss and moan, really. D: That would happen on any forum. Heck, on Gaia, all they have to do is introduce one new item, or change one tiny button/link, and there are fifty threads by people cursing its existence/the change, lol…

I think it’s fair that we don’t piss and moan. He gave us advance warning, and he’s still working on fixing the site, this is just a step between. He could have just kept the whole thing offline and gotten it fixed completely, but he’s given us a temporary playground knowing how addicted we are to each other and this forum. People just expect things to be instant and perfect and they aren’t. Patience people 🙂

kitsunelady
                      Participant

Leigha wrote:

kitsunelady wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Kyrin

I think it’s fair that we don’t piss and moan. He gave us advance warning, and he’s still working on fixing the site, this is just a step between. He could have just kept the whole thing offline and gotten it fixed completely, but he’s given us a temporary playground knowing how addicted we are to each other and this forum. People just expect things to be instant and perfect and they aren’t. Patience people 🙂

What I meant was, he might as well not have bothered to even tell the forum not to, because it was going to happen no matter what he said. >.> I wasn’t saying that we should just have a free-for-all piss-and-moan-fest, just that some b****ing was going to occur, so…why even bother asking people not to? That never works, even on such a polite forum as this one.

Leigha
                        Participant

I’d say it works to a point. I agree, there’s always going to be b****ing and moaning. You can’t please everyone and it’s impossible to try (hear that Snap! <3) But giving us a warning that this was happening and telling us there's no use complaining because things are getting fixed slowly but surely is atleast helpful to some.
                          It was helpful to me, otherwise I’d be like “this blue screen sucks…” 😀

kitsunelady
                          Participant

Leigha wrote:

I’d say it works to a point. I agree, there’s always going to be b****ing and moaning. You can’t please everyone and it’s impossible to try (hear that Snap! <3) But giving us a warning that this was happening and telling us there's no use complaining because things are getting fixed slowly but surely is atleast helpful to some.
                            It was helpful to me, otherwise I’d be like “this blue screen sucks…” 😀

True, true. Although I thought “white” instead of “blue”. Hur hur.

SPark
                            Participant

Hey, but all the smilies look right now! The white backgrounds on them, against the black of the forum, always kind of bugged me. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.