fbpx

Bad News :( Pixie: July 1994 – June 25, 2009

Home Forums Miscellany Community Bad News :( Pixie: July 1994 – June 25, 2009

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear that. My best thoughts are with you. 😥

Jasmine
      Participant

I’m so sorry. 😥

darjeb
        Participant

I am so sorry

I am so sorry. *Hugs* I have a feeling my childhood dog is close to her end. Shes almost 14 🙁

wolflodge100
          Participant

I’m sorry, hugs

Do you ever get that feeling that your dog (or cat, whatever) just *knows* when it’s the last time they’re ever going to see you?

I got that feeling today. I was petting her bye today (she was so happy to have her up! I’m glad she remembers who I am) and she gave me this really sad look…. like she knew I was leaving and she knew that she’d never see me again…. Kinda like she was saying goodbye.

So this is gonna be a tough week. Sorry if I don’t post for a bit. 😥

I wonder if Fluff is going to get depressed and go downhill after they put Pix down…. That would make me really depressed…. they’ve been together since they were babies really. Fluff still cleans Pixie’s face for her… it’s touching.

🙁 I’m sorry hun. But I am glad you got to see her again. I hadn’t seen the updates recently. I am truely sorry for your loss. *big big hugs*

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

Yes, animals know. When we had to put down our first dog (for not so pleasant reasons) he gave us all strange looks as we said our goodbyes. When we lost our Lab (which I was heartbroken over), I was with him the night before he died. When I left him to go inside and turned back to look at him, he was still looking at me. The next morning he was gone. Animals do know.

Bob

It’s the 6th sense they talk about

Man I can’t even see the screen right now I’m crying so much, so if there’s any mistakes in spelling please just forgive them…

Pixie was put down this afternoon. Mom didn’t tell me too much, just that she took Pixie for a walk through her favorite park (by first driving the van down to where she figured Pix would get tired, and then driving her home once they got there), and then sat on the lawn with her, petting her and crying for a few hours. The vet, who was a former student of my dad’s, came to the house to put her down. Not many vets do house calls any more.

And they buried her on the farm of a friend of the family’s, near some trees. Apparently it’s a very beautiful, peaceful spot. I doubt I’ll ever see it.

I’m so upset, and crying right now. It’s hard and painful to imagine Pix just… not being there. She’s always been there. Always there to greet you at the top of the stairs, when she was a puppy she’d run down barking and wagging her tail, just to come see you.

If I’m not on in the next couple of days, don’t worry about me, I’m just trying to recuperate and accept the fact that my puppy isn’t alive anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent, it really means alot to me. I return all of the above hugs, possibly with a few wet shoulders from me…

bayoudragon
                Participant

😥

more hugs from me…

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Me, too. And my eyes are tearing up. No spelling errors, don’t worry. We’re here, Dragon.

I’m so sorry. *hugs* But I’m glad you got a chance to say goodbye.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

It’s never easy saying good bye to a pet. I still mourn the dog I grew up with and it’s been 15 years since we had to put him down. Hubby’s the same way about the boxer his family had to put down while he was deployed the last time.

This “poem” seems fitting.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author unknown…

siberakh1
                      Participant

*hugs*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.