fbpx

Auction for Cat House on the Kings!!!! *Starfire* Has Ended

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Auction for Cat House on the Kings!!!! *Starfire* Has Ended

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Riversgrace
    Participant

Since the Keeper I took to Cat House’s open house didn’t do so well, I would like to try and raise more money for them. This was suggested by many members that I should do something like this. If someone feels that I am going about this wrong or would like to give me advice, please, by all means let me know in a PM. The money from the auction would go for their Community spay and neuter program. Cat House reaches out to everyone in the community to spay and neuter their cats, especially for people who can’t afford to do so on their own. This fund is available for anyone and makes spay and neuter free for them. It is a wonderful program, and it helps them help the community. The money earned from this would be turned in to Lynea herself (or one of her staff members) and go specifically for this program which is always in need of funding. I would donate this money in the name of the winner.

I will pay for shipping to the winner myself, all I would need to know is the address and method. I will hold this auction until Wednesday the 9th of November. I will keep this post updated with the highest bid below. Please PM if you would like to participate! πŸ™‚

Current bid: as of 9 Nov: $35

Her scales are done in a gold/strawberry color with red interference, and her mane and tail are done in oranges and yellows with orange interference. Her nose was done in gold interference. I love her high gloss as well! Her eyes are yellow, and her two teeth are white.

Setsunawolf
      Participant

If I may make a suggestion, you might raffle him instead. Many forum members could afford $5 for a chance at him, while 1 forum member would have to come up w/ all the money for an auction.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Riversgrace
        Participant

After discussing it with my husband, we will hold this one as an auction. The next one will be a raffle as I do plan to do this more than once. But with a little more time a raffle would be fun to do. I would say that since I have never done anything like this, an auction would be easier for me to start out with. Thank you for the advice and suggestion Setsuna! <3 Next one will be a PYO wolf done as a husky and it will go for a husky rescue of either my or the winner's choice. πŸ™‚ Probably at the end of the month, which will give me more time to get things in order and get my ducks in a row. πŸ™‚

Laurie
          Participant

on the raffle, make sure it’s okay to have one in your state. Also you can’t use paypal. What I ended up doing was have everyone donate to the shelter, program, etc. and then email you a copy of the reciept. πŸ˜‰

Riversgrace
            Participant

That is what I am going to do, is have people go to their website, donate, then send me a copy of their donation reciept and do it that way. Why would it be illegal for me to do a raffle in CA? Still trying to see if I can get this auction to get a good donation for Cat House first πŸ™‚ Thank you for your input Laurie! πŸ™‚

Laurie is an old hand at raffles, and for what it is worth, she’s earned more for her cause from her raffles than from auctions. Consider, one person giving you $35, versus 10 people giving you $5, have to admit $50 is better, but the chances of it only being 10 people is pretty slim, likely it will be more.

Putting everyone’s name in a hat & pulling the winner isn’t hard & kinda fun as everyone gathers on the forum waiting to see who won.

Good luck! She’s really cute btw!

Kyrin

Riversgrace
              Participant

I would have love to have done a raffle this time…but with the fund it would go into, it would be very hard for Cat House to sort out the donations and have them go to the right program. Lynea is very busy with 700 cats lol. I am just doing the best that I can with the time I have left ( I am going to have a baby on the 21st of this month ), and hopefully someone thinks she is worth more than 35 dollars. I will have to take better pictures for people to see more details, I think some of her details get lost in the sun light. I am paying for shipping as well in this. I don’t really know what to say, just trying to do something nice for Cat House since they do so much for the kitties.

Rachel
                Participant

An excellent cause, and very generous of you, Riversgrace. *heckles bidders* Ok, so who’s got $40? *does her best auctioneer voice but ends up sounding more like the old movies when a guy sees a particularly pretty girl* Hummenahummenahummena Forty dollars?!

Riversgrace
                  Participant

lol Thank you Ghostndragon, you make me laugh! I guess since I am so new at this whole thing I kinda suck at it lol.

Riversgrace
                    Participant

Today and tomorrow are the last days to help me raise some money for the Cat House and get a cute firey Kirin to boot!

Riversgrace
                      Participant

And the winner is Ghostndragon!

Rachel
                        Participant

WOO! Though, I’d be more excited if more people bid on him. He’s beautiful!

Riversgrace
                          Participant

I’m sorry. You were the only one who bid. πŸ™ Definitely makes me think twice about doing this ever again…but I do thank you for taking interest in helping the kitties! πŸ™‚

lamortefille
                            Participant

Congrats Ghostndragon!

I’m sorry I didn’t participate. I couldn’t afford even the next highest bid, as much as I would love to help the kitties and have a very pretty kirin. I hope you aren’t discouraged from trying again, maybe doing it the way others have suggested. I could afford one or maybe two “entries” at $5 a piece. Just a thought;) In any case kudos to you for donating your time and talent to help the kitties!

Riversgrace
                              Participant

Awe πŸ™‚ I think if I get the nerve to do another it will be after the holidays, a raffle, and have more time on it. This was kind of a rushed idea because of the baby coming. Man she is going to be here in 11 days! I am so nervous! But thank you for your support on me doing another one! Hugs! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.