fbpx

art prints

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody art prints

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    laphon1
    Participant

laphon1
      Participant

Melody, have you ever considered having all your prints, drawings, paintings etc. published in book form? Or anything in a similar format?

Melody
        Keymaster

laphon1 wrote:

Melody, have you ever considered having all your prints, drawings, paintings etc. published in book form? Or anything in a similar format?

Yes, we have. We think about things like that all the time, but just haven’t got a spare moment to work on a project like that. We can’t even keep up with the website’s needs!
          We’ve talked about doing a Windstone collector’s book too, like all those other fancy companies have, with pictures of all the pieces, with dates of issue and retirement etc. but we never did that either. Probably never will. It would be cool though.
          I was seriously thinking about doing a simple Cafe’ Press calender with Windstone dragon pix, just for the forum members. I can’t seem to get a clear answer from Cafe’ Press about what rights, if any they have to my copyrighted art if I publish it through them though.

littleironhorse
          Participant

Now a Windstone Collector’s Book would be really great!

*deliberately disregarding the “Probably never will happen” comment*

I’ll settle for the calendar…or coffee mugs…or sweatshirts… πŸ™‚

I have my own Windstone book. I have peiced it together over a few years with pics I’ve come across or printed out…And I love unicorn font on windows! 😳 Maybe now Karen will understand why I am always asking for new lists of retireds… πŸ™„ It is pretty close to complete, but when my printer took a dive on me, it was Windstones or pc parts…Hmmm wonder which one I chose? πŸ˜‰ LOL

Perhaps that is why I am so stuck on the name…*scratches head* πŸ˜†

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Just as a note about Cafepress calendars… from my experience they are a little hit-or-miss. I ordered several for friends and family with my artwork on them, and the artwork tended to get cropped really goofy, at random. One of my gryphons was missing a head for example. The frustrating part was that I had scaled each of my artworks to the exact template they provided and double checked, and the actual printed calendars were still wonky. Go figure!

There are other places that print calendars on demand, though unfortunately I can’t recommend any as I’ve not ordered any since my Cafepress ordeal. Good luck! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.