fbpx

Are you on Facebook? Add me!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Are you on Facebook? Add me!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    megamibabe16
    Participant

Sent requests to everyone.

Dragon87 wrote:

Sent you a request, here’s my link:
      http://www.facebook.com/TechnoVampire

I already got you! LOL I was looking for the darned add button! πŸ™„

the dragon collector wrote:

Added u. Feel free to add me everyone if you want to, http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=jennafer+wall&init=quick#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1216819485

Added you too. πŸ™‚

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Looks like a lot of forum members are on Facebook. I’m not one for these larger forums–don’t like larger exposure and just have anyone drop in on me. I might consider though. πŸ™‚

LadyFirebird wrote:

Looks like a lot of forum members are on Facebook. I’m not one for these larger forums–don’t like larger exposure and just have anyone drop in on me. I might consider though. πŸ™‚

It took me 2 years of being bugged to join MySpace, and I am still learning my way around there! It took me 6 months of pestering to get on Facebook. I play poker on Myspace. 😳 I’m jsut learning how. πŸ™‚

PhoenixTears
        Participant

Now that I’m actually posting in the correct topic (der, I’m such a snerk!), I have a lame question(s). I don’t do MySpace or networking site thingys, so bare with me and my uninformed queries. What, exactly, is the point of Facebook? Is it a site to upload lots of photos and people come and comment on them, or to you, if you added them as a friend? If you’re a member of Facebook, you must have a profile, right? What happens if you don’t know many others that use FB- do you stand to look like a nerd with no friends? Basically, how do you get started, what is expected in terms of filling out the register info and what primarily, do people use Facebook for?

Thanks for the info in advance… I know… Ima dork! I grew up and we wrote letters in the post and took photos with a camera in which sharing required you to mail copies! 😈 πŸ˜› ::slinks back to the Dark Ages::

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Don’t worry Sway–you’re not alone! My neighbor’s children are on Facebook and have been bugging me for the longest time to get on. Her son actually had someone from his high school years get hold of him. That’s what bothers me—not that I’ve done anything bad, but I may not want people in my past or total strangers bugging me to be friends etc! I’m really pretty much a loner and I like this forum because we all have a common interest–Windstones! So I hesitate–do I want the hassel of unwanted individuals popping back up in my life? I’m a nerd as well–duhhhh! 😈

Amanda
            Participant

I actually worried about the same thing Ladyfirebird, so I just set it so that I am unable to be searched πŸ˜€

This is my page, I play a bunch of the games so to those I’m already friends with please don’t get annoyed if I’ve invited you 😳 I’ve been mass adding strangers for my Mafia so I can’t keep all the names straight! 😳

http://www.facebook.com/PandaPaws

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

I DID IT FOR THE GAMES!!!!!!!! 😳 😳 😳

I really hate the idea of these sites (myspace, facebook, etc.) so I put random information for the required stuff, and left the rest blank. I am however VERY addicted to the games, they’re simple enough that I can sort of do them through the migraines and not have to concentrate too hard. Anyway…….hope this is the right link..

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000631860843

PhoenixTears
                Participant

So what do people use FB for? Chatting? Games mostly? Posting photos? Can anyone come into your page or can you set up some filter? I don’t really care about anyone from say, high school looking me up, but random strangers happening across I wouldn’t like. You don’t have to post a photo for your front page? Knowing me I’d use an animal photo anyway. Oh, and you can make up info for the required fields? So if I wrote my name as Teddy Roosevelt, it would accept it? Not that I would- and not that I’m a man (not that theres anything wrong with that… heehee), but I was just wondering if it would accept something like Queen of Sheeba or something. Then of course, any of my friends that would want to seek me out wouldn’t be able to find me.

How does the “add me” thing work? I use Apple, so I don’t know that the games on the site would work for my computer- unless anyone else knows otherwise. Why do so many people’s front pages say they would like a “dislike” button? Anyone else ever notice that trend?

Sorry for all the questions but networking sites (which I’m assuming this is, primarily), are mysteries to me since I never use them. I just figure anyone that needs me has my phone number / email, and I never think about people from my past maybe wanting to find and reconnect with me, or those that I’ve lost touch with cause life tossed us about. Biggest draw backs to FB? Best thing about it??

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

bayoudragon
                  Participant

You can set the parameters of your Facebook page to control who actually sees it. Make it private or public. If you make it private, random people can not access your profile, only the people you accepted as friends can see your profile.

I use mine mostly for keeping up the the cast and crew of the 13th Gate. Some people from high school have found me, and that’s OK. I also have a few family members (blame my sis for getting me on FB). If you don’t want anything to do with certain people, you can just ignore their friend request. You don’t even have to reply to them or send them a message. Just click “IGNORE”. πŸ˜›

You don’t have to put a profile pic, and yes, I once had a pic of my dog. πŸ˜†

Ion

I would add you guys but I feel as if I’m too much of a newbie around here! lol

Also I don’t go on much, log in every few days, check things, and then log out again :yes:

Ion wrote:

I would add you guys but I feel as if I’m too much of a newbie around here! lol

Also I don’t go on much, log in every few days, check things, and then log out again :yes:
                      I’m not on much either, I have it set to let me know by email if someone says something to me, so I can go look. LOL πŸ˜‰

Purplecat
                      Participant

http://www.facebook.com/tdawn.maddox?ref=profile

i use it as a place to post silly nonsense, and the occasional posting of my artwork.

Amanda
                        Participant

As for the ‘dislike’ button, I REALLY want one!! For instance, yesterday my status was “my soup was going really well till I sliced my thumb open….” that would be something my friends DISliked (I hope!)

I play ALL sorts of games-Mafia Wars, Petville, Pet Society, Cafe World, Zoo World, Castle Age, etc…so that keeps me on Facebook several times a day. You can filter each and every thing seperately,whether you want just friends to be able to see something, or friends of friends, etc. I hid myself totally. I created a fake account JUST to go and see if I could find myself, and I couldn’t. I have a lot of info filled out, but it’s totally optional what you share.

Biggest drawback to FB? Way too much fun stuff to do, and not enough time!

Best thing about FB? Feeling a lot more connected to my friend who lives across the country, seeing friends photos, making some new friends through Mafia Wars.

LadyFirebird
                          Participant

Well seeing that I don’t have to have a ‘real’ name, FB will be under consideration. It isn’t like I’m on there to date or sell stuff. I could share photos of what I actually look like if I know just those I invited would see them. I don’t share those photos here since this is a public forum! I know I’m weird that way! I’ve shared pics of my critters and Windstones but that’s it! I know, I know I need to come out from under the rock! XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.