fbpx

Are wishlists gone?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Are wishlists gone?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

I never noticed before, but did the wishlist thread die with the buy/sell area? All I can find are the wanted ads and there are not that many of them =(

Kiya
      Participant

The wishlist thread was done away with when the associated forum was closed.

I could probably resurrect it and move it to somewhere else, but it was pretty old.

Maybe it would make more sense to start a new one?

What do you guys think?

I think if we DO reinstate it – it should we a genuine “wish list” of the “if I were ever rich, I would get…” kind.

You can create a wanted ad for things you are actively seeking and ready to buy. πŸ™‚

Lupuslunae
        Participant

I could probably resurrect it and move it to somewhere else, but it was pretty old.

What do you guys think?

I think if we DO reinstate it – it should we a genuine “wish list” of the “if I were ever rich, I would get…” kind.

You can create a wanted ad for things you are actively seeking and ready to buy. πŸ™‚

A mix of both uses works fine. wishlists didn’t seem to need to be overly specific. I have had people message me letting me know they would be selling something on my wishlist, but I never felt like having something on my list meant I was obligated to offer on an item. I had sometimes used those wishlists to generate good karma by letting people who had a certain item on their list know if I saw it for sale cheap like on craigslist or an ebay BIN since I am at my computer crazy amounts of time during the school season.

Kiya
          Participant

What do you guys think?

A mix of both uses works fine. wishlists didn’t seem to need to be overly specific. I have had people message me letting me know they would be selling something on my wishlist, but I never felt like having something on my list meant I was obligated to offer on an item. I had sometimes used those wishlists to generate good karma by letting people who had a certain item on their list know if I saw it for sale cheap like on craigslist or an ebay BIN since I am at my computer crazy amounts of time during the school season.

The main reason we didn’t migrate the wish lists over to a new location when the flea market was closed is because we didn’t want people to have to look in multiple places to find people looking for certain pieces.

I’d be okay with re-establishing one as a place for “dreaming”, but I think the original decision is still sound in keeping focus on the “wanted” ads as the place to see where people are actively looking for items.

It also sorts better and displays better. The old Wishlist had over 500 replies and many people had some troubles updating their “list” when something changed.

Amy
            Participant

Yeah, I feel like being able to post all of the pieces you wish for (be they ones you are actively seeking or not) would be a fine idea.

And I do think we should start a new thread. That old one was getting really cluttered. πŸ˜•

Scathach
              Participant

What do you guys think?

I like the “wanted” ads. I think that they serve the same purpose as the old wish list but better. There’s only one place to look. I’ve used the classifieds to get a few pieces that weren’t actively for sale but good, kind forum members have contacted me and it’s all worked out just fine.
                Keeping the list in one organized place is far easier than scrolling down through a thread. Selling or scouting for pieces I know others are looking for has been so much easier since the classifieds went up.

If the piece is a dream piece, then whoever is looking could say this in the ad. I’ve been monumentally surprised at what’s come my way in the last year. So, if you list it, you may just get it. The easier it is for someone to find what you are looking for means that you are more likely to get it. For me the classifieds accomplish this.

Life is beautiful.

dragonmedley
                Participant

I like the “wanted” ads. I think that they serve the same purpose as the old wish list but better. There’s only one place to look. I’ve used the classifieds to get a few pieces that weren’t actively for sale but good, kind forum members have contacted me and it’s all worked out just fine.
                  Keeping the list in one organized place is far easier than scrolling down through a thread. Selling or scouting for pieces I know others are looking for has been so much easier since the classifieds went up.

If the piece is a dream piece, then whoever is looking could say this in the ad. I’ve been monumentally surprised at what’s come my way in the last year. So, if you list it, you may just get it. The easier it is for someone to find what you are looking for means that you are more likely to get it. For me the classifieds accomplish this.

This!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.