fbpx

Are We Able To… (Bantam Question)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Are We Able To… (Bantam Question)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Bodancia
    Participant

I think it would be a great idea if they just did a Grab Bag for all the leftover Bantam Clones (whenever that day comes). I’d be happy with any of them! Don’t want to go thru any more stress of trying to pick a particular one out! LOL

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

yolanda
      Participant

I think it would be a great idea if they just did a Grab Bag for all the leftover Bantam Clones (whenever that day comes). I’d be happy with any of them! Don’t want to go thru any more stress of trying to pick a particular one out! LOL

Theres only one I want if theres leftovers so grab bag not a good idea for me

Setsunawolf
        Participant

I would think that backers should be able to pick from the leftovers if they want specific ones. Although no more clones for poor Melody, just from what’s left. Not really fair to grab bag them if backers have an additional one they want.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

yolanda
          Participant

I would think that backers should be able to pick from the leftovers if they want specific ones. Although no more clones for poor Melody, just from what’s left. Not really fair to grab bag them if backers have an additional one they want.

Theres only one out of what I see that’s left I want . That’s it and it is one I had on my list but I could only afford 2 at the time. I have the funds now to get another so really hoping to snag this guy

Melody
            Keymaster

Susie and I are trying to decide how to do this… we don’t want a chaotic feeding frenzy that makes people stress out… any ideas about how we should do this?

etruscan
              Participant

Susie and I are trying to decide how to do this… we don’t want a chaotic feeding frenzy that makes people stress out… any ideas about how we should do this?

You could go by backer number. Every person could only pick one dragon.

If a lower (higher ?) number like 5 wasn’t planning to pick from the leftovers, perhaps someone who would be picking later (or who missed out on the Kickstarter) could arrange to have #5 pick for her. I know that a number of people were hoping to help a Forum member get the leftover “Alien” bantam.

Bodancia
                Participant

Just to clarify, I was thinking of a Grab Bag open to only KS Backers. It would be nice to actually go by Backer Number, since that got so scrambled up before. Although if every Backer took one, there certainly won’t be enough to go very far.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

yolanda
                  Participant

Even using backer number seems a little unfair to me. I was one of those that couldnt get anything to go thru for me. I’m not sure what would make it more fair or go by what someone has already showed interest in first.
                    Im soooooo hoping to snag 170 D . Hes the only one I’d want from the left overs. Got my fingers crossed for him. Everything else is too dark for my taste

VS
                    Participant

Depending on what remains, I’m interested too.

But does this mean Melody and Suzie would have to reach out to the backers to see who’s interested? Like go down the list and contact each in turn to get their choices, then go back to the start of the list and if #1 took 55A (random number examples here) then send out the bill to them and anyone else seeking 55A then gets a message saying “Sorry its gone now.” Or is there somewhere all the backers can put their backer# and choices, and Melody and Suzie sort through the chaotic order of requests that would ensue? If backers have to contact back it’s possible some might not know to respond and if they don’t give a direct no it’s possible they might be missed–I mean I never got info about mine being shipped tho all other communication was fine and I recall there was concerns about surveys not being answered too.

I think going through the list one at a time would be easiet tho. Less chaos.

Scathach
                      Participant

Theres only one I want if theres leftovers so grab bag not a good idea for me

I’m with you, Yolanda

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
                        Participant

Backer number doesn’t seem to have worked well for many people throughout KS. I know several people who were very early backers and didn’t get any of their choices.

It’s a hard call, for sure, but for me (and a few others) a grab bag puts me out completely. There’s only 2 I really want and I’m not going to this price point to get something I’m not guaranteed to get.

Maybe a lotto for picking order? And no one gets to have more than one until everyone who wants another has had a chance to claim one.

Or, have it like the KS poads. Send an email blast of the pictures to all backers at the same and give them a timed deadline to get back to Susie with ONE dragon number (or top two choices). They get ONE per backer number. ONLY. Then, if there are any left, do it again (just like poads) then put the remaining ones in the store or eBay.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                          Participant

Answering Scathach who said, “I know several people who were very early backers and didn’t get any of their choices.”

That’s why I was thinking backer numbers for this. It seems as though there should be SOME reward for quickly backing the Kickstarter.

Susie (or somebody) could send emails to people in order of backer number – send email, get response, send next email. The biggest problem I see would be slow responses to the emails.

Scathach
                            Participant

Answering Scathach who said, “I know several people who were very early backers and didn’t get any of their choices.”

That’s why I was thinking backer numbers for this. It seems as though there should be SOME reward for quickly backing the Kickstarter.

Susie (or somebody) could send emails to people in order of backer number – send email, get response, send next email. The biggest problem I see would be slow responses to the emails.

That’s why I’m thinking setting a time limit to respond.

Life is beautiful.

Setsunawolf
                              Participant

I’m good with whatever Melody decides. I would get the Alien one for Beastking, but other than that I want a hippogriff chick, so probably no dragons for me.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodancia
                                Participant

Speaking as someone who was an early backer, who did not get any of their choices, I think it would be a great to go by backer number, and allow one pick, and one pick only, from the remaining clones. I definitely have favorites that I would love to have, and others that I don’t care too much for. So being able to pick would be preferable.

Having a time limit might work well. Perhaps a picture of all remaining clones could be published with defined numbers. Then after each person picks, Susie could simply update an Excel spreadsheet or something, and just send the next person the updated spreadsheet. Instead of a hassle of updating a web picture.

Ideally, people who don’t want any of the remaining clones would just not pick one, and leave the remaining ones for the next backer in line. Choosing for other people further down the line or for non-backers is not fair to the next person in line.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.