fbpx

Are We Able To… (Bantam Question)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Are We Able To… (Bantam Question)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

If there are leftover unclaimed clones are we able to add any of them to our list via Kickstarter Message and/or add the additional funds for them when we receive/confirm our Backer Kit/Survey?

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
      Blocked

That’s a good question. I know some people have mentioned they would have pledged for more so if they had the chance to maybe add funds for one now then that could help the extras get bought up.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Drag0n, I contacted Susie yesterday about what was going to happen to any leftover dragons, and she said they didnt know if there would be any leftovers, but would make plans for them once they knew, and that it would be a while yet.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Okay well… I hate to beat a dead horse, but I can’t even pick some of my own numbers because they’re already all claimed somehow. I can’t switch any of my choices so I don’t understand why this is a free for all every time the clone page is updated. Are people switching their dragon choices? I asked but I couldn’t, but at the same time I can’t claim my own numbers that have been posted either. I’m sure more will be painted, but I don’t understand why this is so unorganized. Why not paint ALL the dragons and then fulfill the “picking” of clones by backer number? This being able to be online the moment an update is posted and running to try and claim something before it’s gone makes no sense to me and I’m finding it extremely frustrating. I’m not trying to add to Melody’s anxiety, but there has to be a better way to do this.

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

merrillannwhite
            Participant

Drag0nfeathers, which #s were you getting clones of?

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

from the new batch 23, 27, and 36

the 23s and 27s are gone. I’m was waiting to hear back on the last 36 but I never got a response and I am scared to message again and get bumped down in the message que. Some clones have been up unclaimed for weeks and I’d just swap to make it easier, but I guess that’s not an option. (also, to clarify that option would be if they are extras, I want to make clear I don’t want to snatch anyone else’s number and leave them in the same position as me)

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Melody actually just got back to me. Seems the 23s went back to the painting booth. No more 27s though. She’s gonna have to paint more of those I guess.

I’m still curious of the “leftovers” if they can be added to the backerkit survey or if they will just be released as a leftover grab bag in traditional style in the store after this is all over.

Seems like a good opportunity to allow folks who were affected by the pandemic and couldn’t pledge very much get a second crack at it, or like in my case if the clones didn’t work out as planned you could reselect from the remnants.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kim
                  Blocked

I wonder if maybe just not enough were painted in the clones or if people picked ones they didn’t request? I know Melody said she was painting as many as were requested plus extras so there should be enough of each number for everyone unless maybe there were more that requested those numbers than she thought. I would think that if everyone made their picks and there were extras that people should be able to pick from the extras or pay for extras maybe? I guess it also depends how many people chose grab bag ones that would need to be fulfilled from the extras. I have one that is still waiting to be filled that I gave a couple options for but the one option in the clones had a bit different colours so I’m waiting to hear if I will be able to get the other option I wanted. She said it could take a couple weeks to paint the rest.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I guess I should have just not picked numbers ahead of time too. I didn’t realize that was allowed, but I guess a lot of the rules were never really made clear.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kim
                      Blocked

I picked 3 numbers ahead but we pledged for an extra right at the end and requested something like a rainbow one depending on what clones she was painting. We didn’t get any confirmation about that one and wasn’t sure if we could even keep it or let someone else buy it from us. I was interested in 130 or maybe one of the leftover rainbows but the new 130s didn’t have pink in them. So we are waiting to see if she does anymore or we get one of the leftover ones.

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

Melody actually just got back to me. Seems the 23s went back to the painting booth. No more 27s though. She’s gonna have to paint more of those I guess.

I’m still curious of the “leftovers” if they can be added to the backerkit survey or if they will just be released as a leftover grab bag in traditional style in the store after this is all over.

Seems like a good opportunity to allow folks who were affected by the pandemic and couldn’t pledge very much get a second crack at it, or like in my case if the clones didn’t work out as planned you could reselect from the remnants.

Drag0n, Susie informed me yesterday that IF there are any leftovers after everyones dragons have shipped, they will be offered up to backers to purchase. They are not sure of the process for selection/pruchase, but they have lots of time to figure that out. None of this is going to happen until all their KS orders have been shipped.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Yea I guess that makes sense. I’m trying not to be fussy but so far, but most of my clones came out a lot darker than the originals. I of course flock to all the bright ones and a lot of the other clones came out brighter than the originals and now I love them instead LOL. I guess maybe I’ll have to try and trade mine after the Kickstarter. Just stinks that the point of the Kickstarter was to be able to pick your pieces and the majority of mine were all clones and even then you still have to be lucky enough to claim even them in time and still end up with something you didn’t really want.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

I know how you feel..since the clone page was added to, I fell HARD for other colors. Some of them I completely overlooked the first time around.

I’m sure your missing clones will flock in eventually.

Natasha
                              Participant

I have the exact opposite feeling – I pledged for individual dragons I wanted, and it bums me out that now there are lots of clones made for what were supposed to be Originals. I ONLY collect grab bag/one of a kind/TP pieces so it rubs me the wrong way. I had asked if she would consider making a super simple black & white dragon for one of my pledges, but nope. Again – that felt unfair, since there were others making requests for individual pieces that were honored. So even being a SUPER early backer, I didn’t get my fave, and I felt like I had the option of taking pieces I didn’t want or reducing my pledge. I’m happy for everyone that was happy and got their choices, but I am still unable to support another Kickstarter campaign, since all the rules seemed to disintegrate once it was clear that the Kickstarter platform was not able to Be used in the way they set up the selection process. I’m still in love with Windstone, but it’s only GBs and EBay for me from now on. Those platforms seem to be able to handle things fairly. And of course I’ve lost out on plenty of eBay auctions, but since the process is fair, the only disappointment is being a lower bidder.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                ANY Test Paint Bat
                                UNIS:
                                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                Mother: Okapi
                                Gothic - Mahogany
                                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kim
                                Blocked

With the poad Kickstarter there were also a lot of similar poads painted in some of the more popular styles/colours too although not clones so much. I ended up getting a feather adult poad that had an eye colour I didn’t love but I picked a baby to match with the eye colour I wanted. But I recently found out another poad just like mine was painted with the eye colour I wanted that someone here got but it was never even shown on the livestreams before so it’s still a mystery to me how that happened. If I had seen that one I would have picked it because of the eye colour.

I do love that all the clones of the dragons are being posted now for people to pick from but I would think if people liked some of the clones more than their picks that they should be able to pick other ones or swap, unless maybe they can do that at the end? But I know a few people here didn’t seem to like to idea of people changing their mind on ones they picked or swapping them but I still think it should be allowed if people didn’t get their top picks initially and could pick a clone instead. I’m glad I only listed 3 numbers I really wanted because I also would have been disappointed if I got like my 4th pick when I could have got a clone of my 1st pick.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.