fbpx

are dragons related to cats?

Home Forums Miscellany Community are dragons related to cats?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

So,

my boys want a question answered by someone more knowledgeable than mum πŸ™„

are cats related to dragons?

the reason they ask is because they’ve noticed the resemblance between our kittens and Melodys’ dragon poses. our boy kitty, Loki, sits tall like the male dragon and our girl kitty, Pixel, sits on her belly with her paws tucked under and looks like a spotty loaf of bread. both like to curl up like the mother dragon or curl right around with tails over noses like the curled and coiled dragons.

any opinions?

twindragonsmum

p.s. as I’m sitting here typing this we had a fox wander past the window and get a drink from the pond. both kitties have big, poofy tails and are ‘dancing’ side ways at it. time to bring the kitties in before they get ‘et 😯

tdm

wolflodge100
        Participant

Melody used cat and dog poses for some of her dragons. πŸ˜€

I hope so! The scratcher certainly seems to be, doesn’t he?

Skigod377
          Participant

wolflodge100 wrote:

Melody used cat and dog poses for some of her dragons. πŸ˜€

Yup!

Jasmine
            Participant

My cat loves to sit just like the lap dragon. Paws tucked under…

Duld
              Participant

I don’t know, but I think birds are more related to them

My two cents is that they are related in so far as their poses go. Otherwise, IMO, they are related to dinosaurs (really cool dinos- and yes, I *do* believe actual dragons existed) and reptiles. Birds are a very close link to dinos so I could see their relation there. But feline? No more than how Melody has chosen to pose them which I have always enjoyed. But, thats my opinion or beliefs. Whatever makes anyone happy is what they should believe!

ps: forgot to add that I had a raven named Loki πŸ˜€ Found him with a broken wing as a baby and he grew up with me in my late teens early 20s but he would never truly go back into the wild. He’d fly around and make his friends and such, but he was humanized and is a big klepto! He became HUGE and would you believe, he is still very much alive and kicking?! He lives on my friends farm in upstate NY and anytime I visit there (which hasnt been for some time), he recognizes me and swoops down upon my shoulder. I miss him. He’s awesome. My cat Phoenix, his middle name is Loki (and his third name is Lucian… if you know TS Elliot, you know a “cat must have 3 differrent names.”)

twindragonsmum
                Participant

PhoenixTears wrote:

…. My cat Phoenix, his middle name is Loki (and his third name is Lucian… if you know TS Elliot, you know a “cat must have 3 differrent names.”)

Love TS Elliot! Still working on second and third names for Loki and Pixel. (My poor boys! They have an engineer/sci fi/ fantasy geek for a dad and an art, literature, theatre (12 year major)/ writer/ costumer/ jeweler geek for a mum.) At almost 12, the boys have a very eclectic home and education already. They named our kitties, but are arguing (like twins do) over other names for the ‘brat cats’! The boys chose Pixels’ name because she is little, fast and spotty like a pixel and Loki, obviously, for his penchant for wreaking havoc and causing general mischief. Pixel and Loki are brother and sister, same litter. Their mum is Siamese and their papa is Tabby. Pixel was the only dark tabby marked kitten in the litter but her stripes are more like spots than stripes and she has her mums’ Siamese voice. Talks like crazy! Loki is an interesting mix of breeds. He has his mums’ Siamese coloring with his papas’ stripes. Loki’s stripes are caramel colored on a light fawn background. His tail is dark tabby like Pixel’s. It looks like someone yanked a tail of a tabby and stuck it on him! He has pale blue eyes and his Siamese mask is dark striped like his tail and his purr sounds like a rusty alarm clock. Love them both!

twindragonsmum

p.s. have you read ‘The Wizard of London’ by Mercedes Lackey? One of the little girls in the novel has a Tower of London raven named Neville for a companion 😯

tdm

BipolarBear
                  Participant

Difficult question… It depends on which dragon lore you are talking about and then different artists interpretations of old legends.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                    Engaged to a Weasel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.