fbpx

Archive?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Archive?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

Just wondering…. has Windstone ever considered doing up an online collectors type archive?
        As a collector I would love to see something like this with pictures and info about when the piece/color was released and retied catalouge # etc?

Pam
          Pegasi1978
          Participant

The Windstone Encyclopedia by Astral Castle is mostly complete, but doesn’t have any of the limited production/edition colors.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

I’m not sure that Windstone has enough manpower/time to create something like that right now. πŸ™

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Melody
              Keymaster

foxfeather wrote:

Just wondering…. has Windstone ever considered doing up an online collectors type archive?
                As a collector I would love to see something like this with pictures and info about when the piece/color was released and retied catalouge # etc?

We would LOVE to do this! But there isn’t enough time in our lives to begin to think of taking on a project like this. We always have intended to publish something like a collector’s book, but right now … as always, Ravenhart’s database: http://ravnheart.com/windstone/, and the Astral Castle encyclopedia: http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wsframe.htm are the best places to find info. Those are the places I go when someone asks me a question about a piece.

etruscan
                Participant

Collating all the information and making it available on line sounds like a Summer Intern type project. :yes:

I just talked to my hubby to be. He said he could make a database with website if you are interested.

He’s a computer software developer. He loves taking side jobs like that. He’s willing to do it for free. Let me know if you are interested.

Griffinlover wrote:

I just talked to my hubby to be. He said he could make a database with website if you are interested.

He’s a computer software developer. He loves taking side jobs like that. He’s willing to do it for free. Let me know if you are interested.

Griffinlover told me about this, and I figured I’d come in and say something. I’m more than willing to do this, I just need whatever info you have. I’ve got ~10 years experience coding web fronted databases, and honestly, I just love doing it. I don’t mind helping you guys out, especially since Griffinlover loves your art so much. It makes her happy, so I’m happy.

I would want/need the following information:

Host information (since the forums look to be PHP, I can guess that you have access to PHP / MySQL)

A list of all known Windstones. I saw the links above, but I’d prefer a single complete list. I can always have Griffinlover do that part for me. πŸ˜›

All associated media (pictures, videos if you have them, etc)…again, I can manage without.

I’m assuming you don’t want users to be able to add to this, so that’d take me even less time to do.

Feel free to hit me up here, or via the email linked to this account. I’m sure Griffinlover will tell me I got a reply before my email will. πŸ˜€

– marou

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

I think this is an inquiry best sent to John. πŸ™‚ john {at} windstoneeditions.com

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Katherine
                    Participant

marou wrote:

Griffinlover wrote:

Griffinlover told me about this, and I figured I’d come in and say something. I’m more than willing to do this, I just need whatever info you have. I’ve got ~10 years experience coding web fronted databases, and honestly, I just love doing it. I don’t mind helping you guys out, especially since Griffinlover loves your art so much. It makes her happy, so I’m happy.

Host information (since the forums look to be PHP, I can guess that you have access to PHP / MySQL)

A list of all known Windstones. I saw the links above, but I’d prefer a single complete list. I can always have Griffinlover do that part for me. πŸ˜›

All associated media (pictures, videos if you have them, etc)…again, I can manage without.

I’m assuming you don’t want users to be able to add to this, so that’d take me even less time to do.

Feel free to hit me up here, or via the email linked to this account. I’m sure Griffinlover will tell me I got a reply before my email will. πŸ˜€

– marou

Wow! that is really nice of you! 8)

Elena
                      Participant

marou wrote:

Griffinlover wrote:

– marou

I would be interested in helping out too. I’m great at and love hunting info up and organizing etc, but have no clue when it comes to computers πŸ˜›

Jennifer wrote:

I think this is an inquiry best sent to John. πŸ™‚ john {at} windstoneeditions.com

Will do. Thanks for the info. πŸ™‚

EDIT: I’ve emailed John.

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

And too, maybe some of the people who have been saving ebay photos can add them in as well. πŸ™‚

Pam

No reason you guys can’t start your own database. You have about as much info on our stuff as we do! Regarding ebay, I have accurate records and pics going back to 2009 I think, but before that the ebay sales were not well documented even on our end.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.