Anyone here into cars?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone here into cars?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

I currently own a El Camino from my dad. And thinking of setting it up hot rod style. Looking at originalwheel to add some modern elements and of course some good art body paint.

Chloe
    Participant

Hmmm, just saw this thread. My husband had been in the culture since he was a young child. He is running for vice president of his car club, Los Punk Rods, here in KCMO. Their club puts on a huge show every year on labor day weekend called Greaserama. The last five years or so it had started to attract national attention in all the car mags.

We have a 1960 Studebaker Lark wagon, 1957 Chevy pick up, 1947 Chevy sedan, and a fiberglass 1941 Willy’s gasser.

Christine
      Participant

i used to be really into cars when i was a bit younger. had a ’96 GT mustang in high school that was pretty tricked out. then i got older and my tastes changed a bit and now i drive an ’07 mini cooper s. i looooove it. but its a pain in the neck getting my daughter in her car seat. common sense would tell me to get a bigger car, but yes, i am nuts.

Another Mini owner! I have a 2011 Clubman and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it. Best car ever, especially for a crowded city like San Diego. Not an S though! Next time!

Falcolf
        Participant

I’m into my 2007 Yaris, but that’s about it. I love my car, it’s my loyal (if inanimate) buddy.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

phantomess
          Participant

I have an interest in cars. I think I kind of always did, and then in my mid teens I started wanting to learn. My high school didn’t have auto shop so I got a couple of books about how cars work, subscribed to a few car magazines, and watched stuff on the Speed Channel. Then when I did 2 years of community college, I spent most of that time doing certain required classes but during my last semester I was able to take welding and and intro auto tech class. Honestly, I learned more from the books than from that class, lol.

My husband and I actually met in a car chatroom on yahoo! Over the years I’ve done a number of car projects with him, including rebuilding the engine in my Bronco and converting it to fuel injection. I’ve been converting it into an army themed Bronco, so far just the interior, but after I replace the rusted parts and get the outside painted I want my next project to be a Mercury Cougar around 1967 or so. I’d like an old Charger even more but a Cougar should be a little more attainable. I should also be able to use a lot of Mustang parts for it if I need to, since Mustangs are pretty plentiful. I wouldn’t mind having a 60s Mustang either, particularly a fastback, and if I came across a good deal might take it but I don’t think a Mustang is what I’ll be actively looking for.

I love old muscle cars (particularly Dodge & Ford), classic cars in general, and Ford trucks. 🙂 My husband is a Chevy guy. He has a Camaro, a Firebird and he built a diesel Camaro-Firebird “crossbreed.” I don’t think I’ll ever compare to him in car know-how but that’s okay. At least I’ve been learning and I work on stuff with him when I can, and we go to car shows quite a bit (not the indoor displays of new cars, but the outdoor kind where car folk bring their classic babies that they’ve restored).

I also love Dodge Vipers. If I were to choose a new car from recent years it’d be a Challenger.

I have a fondness for some non-redneckish cars too, lol- I particularly like Porsches (my husband gives me some flak for that). Of course Ferraris and Lamborghinis and the like are good too.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.