Anyone here into cars?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone here into cars?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

FORD ROCKS!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Pegasi1978
    Participant

I grew up with my parents having classic cars … mom had a ’65 mustang – burgundy w/ white top (not convertible though), dad had a ’77 silver porsche 911* (sold before I was born, but I’ve seen lots of pictures), a volkswagon beetle and then a ’78 black porsche 912*. My uncle (who was over 6′ tall) had a lotus! Dad sold the black porsche in 1990 to get a mitsubishi eclipse (his first “brand new” vehicle). Now my parents have a ford fusion, a ford 500 and a early 2000s (2002-4?) cobra mustang svt.

*I might have gotten the 911 and 912 mixed up as the two looked nearly the same, except for the color.

My dream car always has been a porshe like daddy’s old black one. That’s me in the picture with it.

If I can’t have that, then one of the new boxters (like Sally from Cars) will do.

Stephanie
      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

FORD ROCKS!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

I Love my Fords!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Maria
        Participant

Do you remember which Lotus your uncle had, Pegasi? All of them are little, especially for a 6′ guy, but I guess he went for the handling! ๐Ÿ˜€

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I couldn’t remember so I asked my mom. It was a 1969 white Europa. He was the maximum height that would fit in it. ๐Ÿ˜†

LadyFirebird
            Participant

My husband was pretty much into cars! He had a 1929 Ford Model T [I think it was a 29 or possibly a 28–you can see who was into cars here] and a 1937 Chevy Coupe that he completely customized. I have pics somewhere but I have to find and scan them. Two years ago I bought myself a new car when my 20 year old one was having issues. I always feel that once in your life you should buy the car you really want with all the stuff you’d like and that’s what I did and it was fun! Probably can’t afford to do that again but I had my fun. I don’t have pics of this car yet surprisingly so when the weather clears up I gotta get it out on the driveway and take pics! The one car I was able to get on my own–it was a blast!

Maria
              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I couldn’t remember so I asked my mom. It was a 1969 white Europa. He was the maximum height that would fit in it. ๐Ÿ˜†

He had good taste. ๐Ÿ˜€
                Lady Firebird, your hubby had a Model T? For real? That’s just cool.

Bodine
                Participant

Heavy CHEVY!! I will get a photo of my car….1995 Camero/silver
                  My first car was a Camero and my last car will be too.I will not own anything else ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Bodine
                  Participant

We have the “Classic Cars” here every year.People come from everywhere with their cars and gather.A lot of fun.
                    WC-Patera!Yeah baby!!

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Maria
                    Participant

Awwww, where did all the photos go, Bodine?

Flaria
                      Participant

My father is Machinist, he only makes car parts but he works at CarQuest in California for ever since he is 15 years old, I think. I’m not too sure. xD He had been telling me about all the parts that’s mainly important for the car to keep up running and why it’s needed in the first place.

I used to like Ford Mustangs back then when I was little. Since I was picky with the headlights and taillights. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I still don’t own any car today, nor the license yet, because the life is gone complicated and had to put it off and get things sorted out. Now, this year, I’ll able to thanks to my long term boyfriend is always full of surprises. He is the one that got me back into it about the cars. His car is Honda Civic Si Mugen 2008 the limited edition type of car. Currently, he is customizing his car into the Japanese RR type conversion. So, he is like taking the fenders off and swap it with another person or sell it then get the new headlights to match it, etc. ๐Ÿ™„

I normally love sport cars but I can’t drive them. I preferred small car like Volkswagen New Beetle starting from 2004/5 -2010. I do like the xD Scion car. it’s nice and roomy and not too big nor too small. My boyfriend is like trying to get me a Honda Civic Coupe and I told him it doesn’t suit me but him. LoL. ๐Ÿ˜†

Maria
                        Participant

Do you think you could post pics of Civic once he’s got it customized?

siberakh1
                          Participant

Serenity wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

FORD ROCKS!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

I Love my Fords!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

As my brother says… “Real cars don’t wear bowties.” ๐Ÿ˜† (ok, he has a sign that actually says it *lol* I think it’s more in reference to the ‘newer’ cars anyways. He owns, among other things, a ’67 Mercury Cougar hard top. My other older brother owns a ’70 El Torino. The third one doesn’t have anything yet (he did have a Mustang for a time). I want a ’62 Cadillac Convertible (ok… big Forever Knight fan), or just a really cool muscle car (someday!). I do know of someone who owns an old Maybach (among other things) though.

Flaria
                            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Do you think you could post pics of Civic once he’s got it customized?

I could, but I will have to ask him to post it in here with his permission. He will go on forever with this and he will ended up post it each part he is customizing on. ๐Ÿ˜† Right now, he is missing the front bumper and needs to get a new trunk since right now he have the temporary trunk that he sold to another dude and trade with his with the person he sold it to. Hard for me to keep up whatever he is doing. He already wanted the Carbon Fiber hood. I cleaned the carbon fiber cover for the engine. It’s pretty neat looking yet it’s given by his friend as well it had been used.

LadyFirebird
                              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

He had good taste. ๐Ÿ˜€
                                Lady Firebird, your hubby had a Model T? For real? That’s just cool.

Oh duh now I’m wondering–if it was a Model T or a Model A–been over 20 years that he had it! Now that I’m off, I have all the time in the world to go through stuff and I have an idea where those pictures are at.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.