fbpx

Anyone here into cars?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone here into cars?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

I did a search and nothing came up…I know there was one member…oh! Kaya that had a blue vette she was very proud of. Anyone else into cars?
      I wish I knew more about them, but I am new into that hobby. I’ve been trying not to get too much into it now because its a more expensive hobby than Windstones, but one day I hope to know as much as “the boys” ๐Ÿ˜€

My dream car (DONT LAUGH….at least out loud….hehe) is a 1998 Bright Purple Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 (WS6=”GT”=high performance package)

like this one.

But there are only 12 TRUE purple Firebirds out there, so I know that wont happen.

As soon as I can get my credit cards paid off and gather up a down payment, I’m going after a 2002 Trans AM WS6 with T-Tops. And having it painted purple like the car in the pic ^_^ I wont feel too bad because a true collector will know that color was not produced after 1998.

I dont know what it is, but ever since I laid eyes on a Trans Am when I was 12, back in 1999-2000ish, I’ve wanted one. Sadly it didn’t occur to me to try and get one the LAST time I was seriously car shopping in ’07. I could have gotten one no problem back then-but I wasn’t a car nut and my dad dangled the shiny-ness of a “NEW” car as opposed to a used one. Ah well.

Other than that, I’d like to have a first gen. Trans Am (maybe one like in Day Breakers…horrible movie, dont waste your time…unless you love blood)
      something like this: The car in the movie has “From the ashes, new life is born” in small gold letters above the front wheel. Mmm.

I wouldn’t mind having one of the new Cameros either ๐Ÿ˜€

WolfenMachine
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

Does the name Firehawk mean anything to you? Warp10 (mah man) is into that big time!!! He races with his car. It’s parked right now, as we needed a financial break in that regard – yup, that passion is a mighty expensive one – but he’s got plans! Boy does he ever. I think I retain, oh, 30% of what he tells me? Enought that I can sound knowledgable once in a while ๐Ÿ˜€

But if you’re into this, let me know and he can direct you to the car forums. Women can have a hard time there, though, be warned. ‘Tisn’t our nice polite Windstone forum over there, but you can find tons of info about this type of car!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

darjeb
          Participant

I love sports cars even at my age – at this time I am driving a blue BMW Z4 and I love it. I have had sports cars ever since I was old enough to drive they included a 1955 T-Bird, 13 Corvettes, 3 Triumphs,a Dodge Stealth and the Z4 I am driving now

Andrea
            Participant

I know nothing about cars other then you turn the key and it goes vroom. LOL.
              My dream car will be bought if we are ever bill free. This means we’ll have to pay off all bills and vehicles. It’ll be awhile. But, I will finally get my Porsche when we do! It really gives incentive to stop spending money!

Here is my everyday driving dreamcar…

2002 Toyota Celica…I just love these cars. This is my all time drive anytime dream car.
              But, if I had a chance and the funds, I’d *perish the thought* skip an SK to get this…

THAT has been, and forever will be my dream car. When I first saw the movie Christine, Oh my! I didn’t even know who Stephen King was, let alone that there was a book! I fell in love with this car. I wish I had cared more about some of my earlier artwork,and even just taken pics. My senior year I took sculpting, and I made a 3 ft long replica of a 1958 Plymouth Fury, in Autumn Red out of cardboard, balloons and paper mache’. It was lost in one of the moves…Or someone threw it out, I am not sure. I wish I still had it though! ๐Ÿ™„ Just look at her wide white walls, her curvy lines, her sleek checkmark…*sigh* That would not leave my garage except on very nice, sunny, cloudless, dry days for car shows. 8)
              I love car shows and every now and again I get to go to one. Last summer I got to go to 3! 8)
              This is the car I rode in to the car shows…Well, it’s not THE car, but it’s similar…

I’ll get a pic this summer…a GOOD pic. ๐Ÿ˜€

Patricia
              Participant

I have a 1991 Z28 Convertible and a 1969 Dodge charger “The charger has been painted dark blue since these pictures and is getting a new engine in it”

Maria
                Participant

Ooh, Dun, nice vehicles! Please share photos when you get the Charger back in the new color!

As you know, I’m much more infatuated with two-wheeled vehicles. However, I’ve developed a fondness for my comfortable supercharged 1993 Bonneville (a huge car by Swiss standards), am looking around for a 4×4 pickup to suit my new mountain location, and my dream car is a 1968 El Camino SS with the big block 454 engine, painted dark blue with white hotrod flames and whose sole purpose with be hauling my motorcycle around and being growly and loud.

I am really into cars. The office administrator at school has a new 2009 Dodge Challenger. It is dark metalic blue with a split grille ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I love it. 8) 8)

i used to be really into cars when i was a bit younger. had a ’96 GT mustang in high school that was pretty tricked out. then i got older and my tastes changed a bit and now i drive an ’07 mini cooper s. i looooove it. but its a pain in the neck getting my daughter in her car seat. common sense would tell me to get a bigger car, but yes, i am nuts.

I dont have a dream car, actually I really dislike cars, and anything smaller than my Jeep Cherokee I find totally useless. This mostly comes from living were we spend 5 months of the year buried in snow and ice. But my dream truck has never been put into production and thats a Chev/GMC half tonne diesel, for now we have the Jeep.

Hubbys dream truck he has, 1984 Chevy Blazer, 6.2 Diesel, he has been restoring it for a few years as he has a place to do it, shich we dont right now. Mechanically it has less than 10000kms on it. It was his moms originally, and she got it new in 1984.

My dad’s a mechanic and has owned over 300 cars ๐Ÿ˜ฎ , he just turned 44 this past year, so over the years I’ve seen my fair share of ‘dream’ cars. Everything from a ’69 camaro that was hugger orange with white stripes that we had when I was seven to the orange ‘rock crawler’ Jeep with 48inch tires, the black on black manual automatic Mach1 & the Mystic Cobra that he has now. Fast, mean cars were just something that I grew up with. :shrug: I’ve got tons of pictures of them in photoalbums & on my laptop but I don’t have any uploaded to this computer. Out of all the cars I’ve seen in my life I have to say that one of my dream cars is a ’93 RX7 with a right side drive.

I guess I should add that hubby has had several different vehicles one of his favs of all time was a Lada, LOVED that stupid damned car, LOL.

Ahhhh…Here is my ride to car shows…I CAN’T wait for summer!

The guy facing away from the camera in the rear left is who owns the car. I go with him along with his father and mother, who’s car (Purple) is behind the people gawking into the Pantera. And the guy with the hat he is talking to…He is one of the 5 others we go with. So it’s more like a cruise, also a race mostly to see who’s machine is fastest…Bet you can’t guess who is always in the lead! ๐Ÿ˜† It’s horrible on the interstate, he doesn’t like being passed in his “baby”. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ XD And you can’t go anywhere without people staring at it. He gets the thumbs up from all kinds of kids.
                  Oh, BTW, who says you can’t get a nice car off ebay? ๐Ÿ˜•

His dad’s car is awesome too! It’s paint is layered. Metallic plum on bottom, with large purple and blue metal flake in it. Also, at night he turns on the purple neon under the car. It’s great!

Stephanie
                  Participant

Dream Car… Saleen S7….

But I am happy with my 2010 Ford Fusion SE manual shift… ๐Ÿ™‚ 6 speed!

I LOVE my car!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.