fbpx

Anyone Collect Vintage Fantasy Pewter?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone Collect Vintage Fantasy Pewter?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

Does anyone collect vintage fantasy pewter? I have this vintage large and very heavy Comstock pewter unicorn, but I’m not sure what to ask for it. I put it on ebay. Am I asking too much or too little? It’s the biggest piece of pewter I’ve ever seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Vintage-Comstock-Pewter-Greg-Neeley-94-Jeweled-Unicorn-Rose-Statue-Figure-/131959119493?hash=item1eb9605e85:g:52cAAOSwLF1X8pz0

Celestial Rainstorm
      Participant

I actually think that’s a pretty good price. I have a pewter unicorn in a similar style that’s only an inch and a half high. I found her at a garage sale, but when I researched her online, she’s ten bucks. This is quite a piece!

Finding happiness again.

Jasmine
        Participant

This is something I’d truly love to collect! I have a couple porcelain beauties but no pewter currently. From my little bit of poking around in the past I’d say that’s certainly a fair price, albeit a niche item. He may not sell right away but when the right person comes looking, I’m sure he’ll be snatched up! So cool. Do you have any others? ^^

Dragoneer_88
          Participant

Thanks. 🙂 I hope this piece will find a home but I won’t be too upset if it doesn’t sell. It’s pretty neat.

I have a small pewter collection of mostly dragons by various brands (comstock, rawcliffe, gallo, perth). There’s a few other fantasy pieces like fairies and non-fantasy pieces, domestic animals (cat and horse). I love pewter even though it’s junk metal. Some have amazing detail and, of course, it’s not easily broken. 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.