fbpx

Anybody expierenced in repairing Grand Unicorns?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Anybody expierenced in repairing Grand Unicorns?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

So I’ve been looking at getting a white Grand Unicorn for a while now, not as easy to find as I’d hoped. I finally managed to get my hands on one through ebay for a nice price so I was thrilled. So when I got home today and the boyfriend said my packaged showed up I was even more thrilled. However when I saw the size of the box I knew it wasn’t gonna be pretty. :((

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

I’m currently trying to get in touch with the seller and hopefully come to some sort of agreement, if not hello ebay claims department. ๐Ÿ™

I know we have a lot of talented windstone repairers here so I’m hoping to find somebody who has the time to fix him once I get through the task of hopefully getting some form of reimbursment. He’s gonna need a lot of TLC and help. I know I’ve seen some pretty miraculous repair jobs on some of the bigger dragons but I’m not sure if anybody specializes in fixing hoofers. If someone can point me in the right direction I’d be grateful.

Next time I find a Grand I’m just mailing the seller Patch’s original box.

Stephanie
    Participant

Oh nooo! :(( I’m sure someone here can help.

Hannah
      Participant

Ugh. Ariankentara, it always breaks my heart to see a Windstone so thoroughly broken. That packaging job is horrendous!! I hope you get a really decent refund, I’d say that fellow is worth a quarter of whatever you paid for him at this point.

If for some strange reason you cannot find a more experienced person to repair this uni I would be happy to give it a try for you. The most extensive repairs I’ve done on unicorns has been simple filling in of pit holes in a mother uni’s coat. I also have two severely damaged dragons coming to me sometime in the next couple of weeks so I’ll have more repairing experience by the time I’d be able to get around to your uni in any case.

Anyway, like I said – if no one else steps forward to do it, I definitely would love to do my best ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kathleen
        Participant

OMG :O I would want a FULL refund on that! personally I think a sculpture with any damage is worth 0 dollars!!

I hope you are able to find a perfect unicorn (hopefully Windstone will have them soon) ๐Ÿ™

I feel horrible for you. I hate ebay personally. I have also had this happen to me and the seller did refund my money plus the shipping. I hope you will get the same.

Amy
          Participant

That’s a shame ๐Ÿ™

I agree with a lot of people here. That seller should be giving you a huge (if not full) refund.

Luckily the breaks on the legs seem pretty clean and there don’t look to be many small pieces. They should glue back together fine, and with a little touch up paint it will be beautiful. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and as far as someone to repair that, I hear Kyrin is one of the best Windstone surgeons around ๐Ÿ˜‰

WolfenMachine
            Participant

Oh no! ๐Ÿ™ that just breaks my heart to see. I hope you can figure something out with the seller! I always send ebay sellers this link unless its Windstone or a forum member

http://reviews.ebay.com/Safely-Packaging-Windstone-Editions-for-Shipping_W0QQugidZ10000000014669952

windstonefan
              Participant

Sad to look at. Sorry for you. An the piece both. Kyrin is the best at this but there are others that do repair work also and I hear just as well. After you get this eBay thing taken care of put out a wanted someone to repair post.
                Even though this looks bad there are those that can make him good as new. Good luck to you.

windstonefan

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Oh, and as far as someone to repair that, I hear Kyrin is one of the best Windstone surgeons around ๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree, but in all honesty, I know a LOT of people who are having a LOT of trouble getting their pieces back from her at the moment. Not saying she might not be having personal issues and it may not be her fault, but I would send it at your own risk and not expect it back for some time because she was really backed up with repairs last I knew. I think “overwhelmed” is the best word. Again, not trying to cause an issue of it, but just giving my advice is all.

I’d fix it if I didn’t already have a huge job on my lap right now. I know Kalandra also does excellent repair work and what I have seen so far Hannah is also great!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Not so overwhelmed now, Drag0nfeathers. Though I was. As for people getting their pieces back everyone who had pieces with me have gotten them back. The way you put it you make it appear that I don’t return people’s Windstones at all…which is not true. Talk about making me look like a thief & not to be trusted. I am sure that wasn’t your intent, but if you read what you wrote, that can easily be the conclusion drawn.

If I repair any more pieces in the future, it will be one at a time, no more agreeing to let someone send more than one at a time…yeesh, who knew that agreeing to take one person’s “few” quick repairs, was in reality about 14 pieces all told. I had thought I was agreeing to like 5, not doing that ever again.

I may be willing to work on this guy, my biggest concern is the sheer weight the broken legs are going to have to support, not sure if this can even be done or not, but willing to try.

If you aren’t in a huge rush, contact me in January after the holidays. I should be up to taking new projects then, I have all the previous ones off my plate, just need to ship a few things that i have held in trust & want to work on some of my own stuff for a few months.

Kyrin

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

To be fair, you did poof for a great deal of time, and during that time more than one person had trouble contacting you. In fact I had many members seek my aid when they contacted you time and again with no reply. Truly, it seemed that they were abandoned. It has happened before in the past with a member that never did come back and still owes pieces and money from years ago, so I cannot blame folks for being cautious. Business is business is business and even when life kicks our butts (and oh yes, I do know all about life upheavals), at the minimum contact should be attempted, even if the work owed cannot be done right away.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Most of the trouble with contacting me was that people were depending on emails & forum messages when they should have used the phone. Everyone who has had something with me has had my phone number. I was a bit unhappy that so many people complained in public on the forum rather than simply picking up the phone & calling me.

So while I may have been gone from the forum, I really wasn’t out of contact with them, except through their perception because I wasn’t using the forum or emailing. I did tell them that email & forum messages was not a good way to get a hold of me, btw. I almost never use my email anymore, it has become a spam trap & I can’t find legitimate emails for my life due to the 100’s of spam messages I get. Ask poor PixieDust about that, she had to put hers in all CAPS just so I could find hers!

That is what upsets me so much, folks went out of their way to bad talk me on here, but were just as guilty for bad communication as they accused me of. Not fair, & slamming me in public was inappropriate in the extreme.

If you have an issue with someone on a forum, I don’t care what it is, you DO NOT post it publically! You take it up with them.

I realize that I may not have been perfect in my communications, but I was never more than a phone call away…just to make that very clear to all those who think I left everyone who had stuff with me hanging, I didn’t.

My turnaround for things got bogged down unacceptably for several reasons, some of which was my willingness to accept things before I was ready, then getting way more than I ever anticipated. I will no longer accept multiple repairs past 3 pieces from the same person. I will also no longer accept a repair being sent to me with the agreement that it is okay if it sits here til it’s “turn” because the owner doesn’t want it sitting at their place, then get mad at me cause their “turn” isn’t immediately after I get it as they hoped it would be.

So from now on, when I have something not done, nothing will be accepted until it is done. That way my turn around will not get bogged down by having too many repairs in house. Those doing repairs, try to avoid accepting a lot of multiple repairs from one person, especially if you still have several other repairs you are trying to get done when they send you the lot. Not to mention when you are going through a major life upheaval.

Lesson learned.

Kyrin

scenceable
                    Participant

I’m new to the forum generally, and joined after you stopped being super active here, and from what I read (like what drag0n posted, I think Jennifer may have posted on another thread) the feeling I got was you were busy and hadn’t been online. I never got the impression you were like, a scammer or anything like that from what others said. And my impression wasn’t biased since like I said I never used the forum around when you did.

I think all they were saying at the time was a general warning, a heads up, in case people with new stuff to repair were thinking of contacting you, there probably wasn’t much point. And like you said, you’re busy with current repairs anyway. Drag0n’s last comment was posted in July… so if the OP had emailed you in July to do the repair you wouldn’t have been able to.

If you have an issue with someone on a forum, I don’t care what it is, you DO NOT post it publically! You take it up with them.

Not necessarily for you, but I think in general I disagree with this. I think lately there have been a couple people (all the grab bag unicorn craziness) who have intentionally been scamming people to get items for free and I do think in these cases warning others is warranted. In some cases too it might be that they aren’t sure how to contact you and post to see if others have heard from you. But in general if a member has ripped someone off I’d want to know. Again, not saying this applies to your case at all, I just think there are cases when posting an issue publicly is the best thing.

I don’t think it matters much, I think you have a great reputation on here for fixing stuff and you’ve obviously been finishing repairs and people are getting their windstones back now. So whatever people thought months ago, you’re proving now that you’re trustworthy. I know it’s frustrating to read comments like that but you’re doing the right things, so keep doing that and you’ll be fine ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope I’m not trying to come off confrontational or anything, just throwing my 2 cents in there! I have a couple things you’ve repaired (and one repaint) that I acquired through others, so it’s nice to see you back on here ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Scenceable, I do agree for those scamming people & such, yes definately post it publically, that is a matter of protecting the general public.

You are right, I am working towards getting everyone’s stuff where it belongs. My biggest issue at present is being out of packing peanuts, I did a trade, but well it didn’t work out so well as I ended up using up all the peanuts to send the trade half back, so I ended up negative peanuts again. *sigh*

Talking about sending things back, I gotta run, catch you guys later…gotta ship a dragon!

Kyrin

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

No one here slammed you in public. You are welcome to search the forum. This was all users contacting me in private, to ask for my advice. Trust me, I got a lot of emails asking for advice (no, not just about you Kyrin). Sometimes many many a week.

I actually had trouble contacting you before Kyrin, and I didn’t have your phone number. Even if I did, I’m afraid I wouldn’t call it because long distance calls used to cost me a pretty penny. Not everyone has cell phones or long distance plans– and this goes doubly when the work was initiated online. I know that you were on the forum intermittently and had online presence elsewhere (where people also tried to contact you). I’d never expect to HAVE to call someone on the phone to check up on the status of work like this. It’s also wildly unfair to accuse customers of bad communication when they were actively looking for you– I think we will just have to disagree on business practices there.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Trying to paint you in a bad light wasn’t my intention Kyrin. In fact, I usually recommended you myself, but I have since stopped giving that advice only because of people privately contacting me saying after I did so, they never heard back from you so I felt like I had put them in harms way.

Granted, there are two sides to every story and I’m not trying to step on your toes of take your business. Frankly I hate doing repairs, but it seems these days nobody wants me to paint them PYOs really so I have only been taking them on because of (one) your absence on the forum, and (two) there’s been no money in the painting business really and I’m good at repair, so why not? *shrug* Doesn’t really matter if I enjoy it as much as painting. I’m still doing a job.

Anyway, I have a huge project on my shoulders at the moment that I am having trouble to complete just because of the sheer mass quantity of individual sculptures that are involved. 30 now to be exact from one customer, so I understand how overwhelming and almost hopeless it feels when you have that many pieces at once. My intention wasn’t to discredit you so I apologize if it seemed that way, but something as simple as having prompt responses to inquiries can go a long way. Most people understand repairs aren’t easy. If they were people would do them on their own and if time = quality most people don’t mind waiting either. Just being “available” if someone asks for a update really means a lot and when people feel ignored they usually jump to the conclusion they have been swindled, even if they haven’t. That’s all I was trying to point out, so again I’m sorry if what I said upset you.

Also, if you need peanuts, I have MASS QUANTITIES I’d love nothing better then to be rid of if you want them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.