fbpx

any good Rennaissance faires in the pacific north west?

Home Forums Miscellany Community any good Rennaissance faires in the pacific north west?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

My husband and I perform at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival, and have for a long time (25+ years for the hubby, 19 years for me). He is the village wizard and he has a riddle booth with his friend Rich who plays a troll. And they have a couple apprentices too (Corrick the Twine Man and Coot). I’ve played a gypsy wanna-be (I followed the gypsies around asking them if I could be a gypsy too), Wanda the Wizard’s Wife, and a hobbit (Rosie and sometimes Pippin). The hobbit roles were the hardest because of being mostly barefoot. So I’ll probably go back to being Wanda. It’s fun to play dirty old ladies. 😈

It is like a big family and most of my closest friends are from fest. My friend Jenn who just passed away was one of the gypsies I used to follow around. She got me into the entertainment side of things instead of dealing with drunks in a beer booth. Sometimes I feel closer to my fest friends than I do my own family.

Here’s a cool link to explore: http://mrffriends.tripod.com/

The hubby and I are under Napiorkowski. I’m also on the Hobbit page as Rosie (with the hat). Jenn’s on the Those Who Have Gone Before Us page.

nessiemom
      Participant

Ours here in KC has gone so downhill… At least it had the last time I was out there. I used to kinda work out there (I was in the SCA, and we had a spot) but the last time I went out it was like they hadn’t changed ANYTHING in 10 years… I could still recite the lines from the different shows!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.