fbpx

Any body like Michael Whelan?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Any body like Michael Whelan?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

So I have this dagger thing by Michael Whelan, not really my style, but pretty. The backing on the display board has a few rubs to the flocking, but otherwise in great shape. The gilded dragon on top comes unattatched, I was supposed to glue it in for display, as they deliberetly have it detached so it doesn’t snap in shipping, but I never glued it in. I can’t find the coa, and have no original box, but will make sure it is shipped by “forum standards”. I would prefer to put it on ebay and go through paypal, because it’s easier for me, I can list it as a private auction, and pm the link to anyone who wants it. It was originally a $400 piece, but I’m only looking for $250 or best offer close to that, and I’ll pay the shipping. PM me if your interested!!

Kujacker
    Participant

I like Whelan… but not the daggers. I only like his dragon sculpts.
      Hope you can sell! I sure there are plenty of people out there who love these!

yeah, that’s the problem, I like the sculpts, had to sell all mine, but got this one thinking it would be a cool crossover peice, but it’s not really ever grown on me. And I really need the money, I got fired 2 days before my 10-21-07 wedding, and I refuse to part with my windstones.

Maria
      Participant

What a lovely wedding present. ๐Ÿ™„ Sorry, DragonMistress. It’s not my style of blade, but I hope you find a buyer.

Jasmine
        Participant

Sorry, I love Whelan but don’t like his works in sculpt or dagger. Hope you find a good buyer… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bob

I like Michael Whelan but only collect his dragons. If you had his Guardian of the Fortress I would be interested

I had that one. The special artist limited edition one, but I sold it last year for like $500, fixed the brakes on my car though! ๐Ÿ˜€

Bob

DragonMistress wrote:

I had that one. The special artist limited edition one, but I sold it last year for like $500, fixed the brakes on my car though! ๐Ÿ˜€

I have all 12 of the regular and both his artist edition ones Fortress and Sword. I had a leak in my ceiling and the HOA paid to have it fixed and I had to remove 6 of my dragons and my 2 bronze ones , Whelans Dual of the Dragon and Julies Bells Clash of the Time Lords several times thru the process and the last time I was putting them back I broke 1 scale off his back, thank goodness it was the regualr one and not the artist edition one. I’m still trying to find a MINT one I can afford they sell pretty well on e-bay. I keep saying I’m not sure how long I’m going to keep his dragons but I can’t bring myself to sell them quite yet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.