fbpx

another snow day!

Home Forums Miscellany Community another snow day!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

…up at 6:30 like usual to get kids ready for school. wind was blowing at about 25 miles per hour and a nice 28 degrees f. listened to the weather report to see if there were any school closings and everything was green lighted. boys unhappy ’cause they are tired and grumpy and didn’t want to go to school. turned off the radio once we had the weather and fixed breakfast. heard the wind start picking up, heard the boys opening curtains and blinds; heard the boys yelling, went to see what the trouble was. SAW the boys race past me in a blurr down the stairs to the kitchen radio to turn it back on in time to hear that school was cancelled due to blizzard conditions. wind is now gusting around 40mph and it’s snowing sideways. I think we’re all going to go back to bed πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

Stephanie
        Participant

That has happened here a few times BUT the last time in 1992 they actually kept schools open until parnents found out that the main guy of the school district didn’t even goto work. Oops! Schools closed at noon. It was horrible out and I didn’t even go. The blowing snow was awful!

Glad that you all are at home safe!!! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
          Participant

Hope you’re all warm and snuggled. I hate winter… πŸ˜•

lamortefille
            Participant

We’re getting “flurries” here, too. blech! πŸ˜† I can’t wait for spring….

Elena
              Participant

We were supposed to get a storm here last night. I blew through, no snow but the wind was a howling at 85kph!!! 😯

twindragonsmum
                Participant

😯 😯 😯 We’ve still got high winds and lots of snow and Interstate 15 was closed today. The snow is so fine and the wind blowing so hard that we have little piles of snow inside the house by ALL of the doors and most of the windows….it’ll be interesting to see what the morning brings…. πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

lamortefille
                  Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

😯 😯 😯 We’ve still got high winds and lots of snow and Interstate 15 was closed today. The snow is so fine and the wind blowing so hard that we have little piles of snow inside the house by ALL of the doors and most of the windows….it’ll be interesting to see what the morning brings…. πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum

For me, it would bring a move to a warmer climate! πŸ˜† I’m glad you and your family enjoy it, though: -)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.