fbpx

Another Pop In

Home Forums Miscellany Community Another Pop In

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here as well. I was doing a six week internship–worked my tail off–but did not get ‘snapped’ up. They loved me, the patients loved me, the doctors loved me but no positions were available. I guess I had my heart set on this leading to something and it didn’t. I know I shouldn’t feel this way, but I’m totally bummed. Really need to get back to work and enjoyed my internship–gave me a sense of purpose–I was going to ‘work’ and I enjoyed what I was doing.

I’m in a slump right now–feeling totally depressed and useless. It’s like why did I do this to myself. For two years things fell into place for this career change–financially and the internship came at the right moment but the job–nope. I need to get out of this rut so I can move ahead but I can’t seem to get over this. Guess I was on a high for the last six weeks and I’m coming down from it.

On the plus side–completing this internship means I’ve completed the program at the college. I just need to get my Certificate. I guess it’s the economy or maybe I’m just too old for a change–didn’t feel that way but it’s starting to look that way.

I did something for me–am going to stsrt taking Shinkendo–the way of the sword. In short, it shows one how to use a samurai sword–talk about getting some stress out. Yeah baby, I want to cut something! I really do need a new perspective on things and sometimes martial arts does just that–it’s a discipline.

Sorry just to come on to sing the blues–been a hard two years for me and I don’t see a darn thing for it.

Heather
      Participant

I know things didn’t work out the way you wanted them to, and it’s totally understandable that you’d feel down in the dumps now. It’s OK to grieve some for the hope that didn’t work out. But you still have a lot to be proud of. You got out there, took a leap of faith, and changed your career field for something that’s better for you. And the doctors and the patients loved you, so job or no job, you succeeded! You proved that you were right, that this is a field that suits you and that you perform strongly in. Nothing on this earth can take that achievement away from you.

Too old to change? Hardly! You just completed a two-year program that was all about change. The gal now learning how to handle a samurai sword is NEVER too old for or afraid of change.

You’ve cleared the biggest hurdle of all, which was completing your schooling and getting your certificate. You found something that matches what you want to do with your life. Hang in there and don’t let go of that dream. The road may take some odd twists and turns, but so long as you keep after your dream it will eventually lead you back to it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.