fbpx

Another Broken Windstone…..

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Another Broken Windstone…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

I was so excited today when I picked up the package…but then…this….

But I did get LIH’s Spectral and two Fledgies safe and sound and in perfect condition. So that helped my day get better. The Unicorn is insured and I already emailed the seller about sending it back….

keschete
      Participant

Laurie
        Participant

Poor unicorn πŸ˜₯

Purplecat
          Participant

OMG!!! Ouch!!! 😯 😯

When I saw the title of the post, I was afraid you baby tri had finally arrived, mostly. 😯 I’m sorry about the little uni. Is there any way to fix the horn?

Katherine
            Participant

When I bought my mother unicorn on ebay, her horn was crooked also-but not quite as bent as that. I just carefully bent it back and centered it. Maybe you could try that? But if you do-do it SLOWLY. I hope you can fix it, or get your money back!

Kujacker
              Participant

I got my mother off of ebay too, and the person who packaged it was so protective, they put a cardboard tube around her head and horn (took me five minutes just to get all the tape off). All in good thought, but it was so protective that it rubbed some paint off her nose πŸ˜† Not a big deal to me though.

I would think it would take a lot of pressure to bend the horns 😯 Specially how yours is bent.

Bob

Can Windstone send you another horn if you can get this one out?

you would need to heat it and use a pair of plyers to get it straight.

what did the post office do to it??? 😯

It’s pewter, you should be able to bend it back, if you do it very slowly and carefully.

Mine got bent, my fault, and I was able to straighten it, though it wasn’t really bent bent like yours.

Kyrin

keschete
                  Participant

The seller is willing to take her back and refund everything, she was insured. I sent her a picture and suggested that she come on this forum and ask if someone could fix her.

I didn’t want to damage her more, so I am gonna specially pack her and make sure that she doesn’t get more damage and I am gonna double box her. She came in a single box. The seller may ask for help repairing….

Bob

another possible new member

Maria
                      Participant

Sorry, keschete, but I’m glad your seller is agreeable. I have to say it’s interesting that the bent horn forms a perfect parallelogram with the head…

Well if it can be bent like that surely it can be bent back???? Its not as though its snapped πŸ˜• I don’t know i havent seen them.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Yeah, I think you can bend it back. You would have to be extra cautious, though, like wrapping the horn before putting pliers on it.

I have to say that’s one droopy unicorn!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.