fbpx

And so it begins… um… continues?

Home Forums Miscellany Community And so it begins… um… continues?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

Tomorrow is my sisters baby shower and I *officially* get to start being ‘evil’ auntie 😈 She said I didn’t have to get her anything (my sibs and I got her some nursery furniture already) but couldn’t resist and have a whole rubbermaid tote full of toys and stuffies to give her. Nothing practical of course, that defeats the whole purpose of spoiling my future niece or nephew! Only a month to go till baby is here!

Stephanie
        Participant

How exciting! πŸ™‚

laphon1
          Participant

“Evil” auntie?

Leigha
            Participant

ha! When my sister found out she was pregnant I had all these plans about being the Aunt who bought the child noise makers! Drums, toys that sing and talk, bells, all of it! Making my sister miserable and my nephew happy!

Til I found out she was moving back in with us…

children are loud and annoying enough on their own without that stuff…but he has tons of it anyway from “Nana” who isn’t home to hear him playing with them all day…

Skigod377
              Participant

Wait till they are old enough for drum sets! πŸ˜†

Lupin
                Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Wait till they are old enough for drum sets! πŸ˜†

Khym’s inheriting mine when my Mom finds it and sends it on. OH and just remember in buying all those”Noise Toys” Paybacks a Bitch. ‘Cause guess which toys come to your place when they come over!! Oh and if you later have Kids and they haven’t already passed those exact same toys on, guess which ones you’ll get? One of Khym’s favourite toys is the Piano he inherited from My Uncles 2 boys(Even though they’re still young enough to want to play with it) originally a gift from My Mother and I!!

Leigha wrote:

ha! When my sister found out she was pregnant I had all these plans about being the Aunt who bought the child noise makers! Drums, toys that sing and talk, bells, all of it! Making my sister miserable and my nephew happy!

Til I found out she was moving back in with us…

children are loud and annoying enough on their own without that stuff…but he has tons of it anyway from “Nana” who isn’t home to hear him playing with them all day…

My mother in law kept doing that. So everytime the kids went to her house guess what they brought with them 😈 😈

*SilverFyre *EmeraldFyre*Strawberry Fyre*Grass*bred red

Elena
                  Participant

laphon1 wrote:

“Evil” auntie?

Every time I see something I think I’d get for the baby, my sister either says I’m ‘evil’ or ‘I hate you’

She got lots of stuff, lots of onsies and sleepers, Diapers, blankies, toys, books, bassinet, stroller etc

I actually didn’t get her anything noisy… this time. though her friend TaraLynn got her this musical ball that sings and plays music when it moves 😈 I got her a Gund Horsie mat for baby to lay on, a Gund puppy and pony, Tigger take along blankie thing, some of those stacking cup thingies, connector beads for babies, some of her favorite juice and the one that everyone thought was too cute was a ‘My first tools’ set with plush tools in it (her hubbys a carpenter), all packed up in a rubbermaid tote that can be used as a toy box.

We had fun. Mum won the guess how big around she is game, and I won the name the nursery rhyme game and tied in the taste and identify the baby food game (some of that really tastes BAD) My camera died after a few pics so I’ll have to hope mum got lots.

I’m not too worried about noisy toys coming bacj=k to bite me in the butt. I’m 31 and never had a significant other, plus have some medical issues so may not be able to have kids. I think the possibilities are slim, though if it happens.. it happens

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.