fbpx

Amstaffs PYO Thread– "Fire and Ice" Kitsunes, finished pair

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Amstaffs PYO Thread– "Fire and Ice" Kitsunes, finished pair

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Looking Really Nice! I like those colors too! Of course I’m biased since purple and green are my favorite color combination (blacks & greys are a favorite too)!
      πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
      Participant

Looking forward to seeing this griffin finished! What color eyes did you pick if I may ask?

Amstaff
        Participant

The eye color I picked is dark red. Im hoping the red beak will go well with the red eyes πŸ˜‰

Prezaurian
          Participant

The eye color I picked is dark red. Im hoping the red beak will go well with the red eyes πŸ˜‰

I think it will! Besides, red and purple go together well anyways. πŸ˜‰

Amstaff
            Participant

Sneak peak at recent developments to Mr Griffin. A lot more to be done yet πŸ˜‰

jmoore
              Participant

Love that accent color!

Amstaff
                Participant

Thank you πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
                  Participant

Nice accent detailing!

Amstaff
                    Participant

Thank you πŸ˜‰ I find that the funnest part, adding in all the details to the feathers.

One issue Im having though, is the paint that is currently on her seems so glossy, that when I go to add details over top, it doesnt adhere properly, and wont go on evenly. Im not sure if this is normal, or if its from my use of GAC-100 or the retarder. Whatever the cause, it results in my having to painstakingly apply many thin layers over top of the base color to get the desired effects….its rather frustrating at times.

Prezaurian
                      Participant

Thank you πŸ˜‰ I find that the funnest part, adding in all the details to the feathers.

One issue Im having though, is the paint that is currently on her seems so glossy, that when I go to add details over top, it doesnt adhere properly, and wont go on evenly. Im not sure if this is normal, or if its from my use of GAC-100 or the retarder. Whatever the cause, it results in my having to painstakingly apply many thin layers over top of the base color to get the desired effects….its rather frustrating at times.

That’s really odd. I don’t use GAC-100 so I can’t offer an opinion there. I do know that a thick layer of fully dried acrylic sometimes acts similar to a layer of plastic and causes subsequent layers to sort of bead or sit on top unevenly because they can’t absorb into the sculpture/canvas. If that’s the case, then patience is the key.

Amstaff
                        Participant

That’s really odd. I don’t use GAC-100 so I can’t offer an opinion there. I do know that a thick layer of fully dried acrylic sometimes acts similar to a layer of plastic and causes subsequent layers to sort of bead or sit on top unevenly because they can’t absorb into the sculpture/canvas. If that’s the case, then patience is the key.

Ahhh, ok, so it IS normal, as yes, its exactly like trying to paint plastic ! Good thing I do have patience, lol! Thanks for clearing this up for me πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
                          Participant

Ahhh, ok, so it IS normal, as yes, its exactly like trying to paint plastic ! Good thing I do have patience, lol! Thanks for clearing this up for me πŸ™‚

πŸ˜€ Quite welcome! I’m having a little of that problem with a unicorn I’m painting right now so I feel ya!

Amstaff
                            Participant

So I finally finished my PYO griffin. I have name her “Purple Love”. I did end up changing some of the colors on her wings, and Im really loving the red eyes, they go so good with this color scheme I think πŸ˜‰ I did antique her, as best as I could. I find she looks better when viewed from a little distance, lol ! Im quite happy with how she turned out but I think I would like to try more natural colors next time.

I would be willing to sell this girl, if someone is interested that is πŸ˜‰ But if not I certainly dont mind keeping her either, since she is my first PYO Grffin. I know I have a long ways to go yet to becoming a better painter, and I do need more practice πŸ˜‰

StormDancer
                              Participant

Beautiful griffon. You did a great job!

Looking for:
                                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

etruscan
                                Participant

Fancy! πŸ™‚ I really like the detailing on the wings.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.