Amstaffs PYO Thread– "Fire and Ice" Kitsunes, finished pair

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Amstaffs PYO Thread– "Fire and Ice" Kitsunes, finished pair

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

Ooo, I like the peacock spots on the chest feathers. Neat effect!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Prezaurian
      Participant

Nice job! I like the antiquing on the forelegs. Overall it’s a very nice piece!

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Nice Job Amstaff! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Zeppard Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Amstaff
          Participant

Thanks so much for the kind comments, it truly means a lot to me ! πŸ™‚

Upon further inspection of the photos, I noticed the flash seemed to create some defects, lol! There are no white spots of paint missing, like seen in pics 1 and 3. And the green forelegs do not look washed out like in that 2nd pic, they are actually a nice dark green πŸ™‚ Oh, and there are no faded spots on top of the wings like the last pic suggests. Damn camera ! LOL!

Thank you all again, your comments make me excited to start my next piece and to keep on learning πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
            Participant

πŸ˜€ I get that problem a lot with my camera too! So I can assure you that I saw nothing that looked like missing paint to me! He looks great!

Amstaff
              Participant

My latest project, well the latest one I can post that is, LOL! The one I painted for the PYO swap is a secret until its new owner gets it πŸ™‚

Anywho, this is my 2nd ever Kitsune, and I named this guy “Fire”. I have a plan to paint a mate for him, to make a pair, which I will then offer up for sale. I just have to find some time to paint her πŸ˜‰

So here is “Fire”

Stormbreeze
                Participant

Stunning!

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Amstaff
                  Participant

Thank you πŸ˜‰ I have since added some gold highlights to the black areas, making him more shimmery looking πŸ˜‰ I will post new pics when I get his partner finished… someday… lol !

Prezaurian
                    Participant

Nice blending Amstaff! Is his mate going to be fire themed too? Or more like elemental partners?

Amstaff
                      Participant

Thanks ! πŸ™‚

Elemental partners I guess you can say…. πŸ˜› Fire n’ Ice , which I assumed you had guessed already, lol ! I really like that theme, I even have a pair of dragons tattooed on my back in that same theme.

Prezaurian
                        Participant

Thanks ! πŸ™‚

Elemental partners I guess you can say…. πŸ˜› Fire n’ Ice , which I assumed you had guessed already, lol ! I really like that theme, I even have a pair of dragons tattooed on my back in that same theme.

Very cool (no pun intended I swear!). I could not be sure (you could have chosen water after all)! I prefer the idea of elemental partners to be honest. Paired pieces painted identically are a little boring to me.

Amstaff
                          Participant

So here is the finished pair, finally, lol !

“Fire and Ice” !! Im pretty proud of myself with these 2, I think they are the best PYO’s I have done thus far…. (well, my swap was good to I think, but thats a matter of opinion and we will have to wait to see her when she arrives at her new home, lol!)

I will be offering these 2 for sale, as a pair only, as they were meant to be together. Message me if your interested, they will go in the classified section shortly.

Its hard to tell from the pics, but Fire has a gold tinge to him, as I dry brushed him with gold. Ice has a pearlescent color to her, as her main color is Iridescent Pearl paint. She looks like a shiny pearl in person πŸ™‚ And this gives her that shiny look as if she is actually made of Ice πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
                            Participant

They look quite nice together. I noticed the pearl, it often has a distinctive look in photos. But I think the picture is playing games with the gold. I’m not picking up the gold brushing. Isn’t that always the way when photographing these guys!?

Amstaff
                              Participant

They look quite nice together. I noticed the pearl, it often has a distinctive look in photos. But I think the picture is playing games with the gold. I’m not picking up the gold brushing. Isn’t that always the way when photographing these guys!?

Thanks πŸ™‚

The gold is more on the black areas only, as I found the black to just be too flat looking and I wanted to add some contrast I guess πŸ˜‰ It is hard to see though, and yeah, photos are always tricky with Windstones, lol!

SPark
                                Participant

Those are both gorgeous!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.