fbpx

Amstaffs PYO Thread– "Fire and Ice" Kitsunes, finished pair

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Amstaffs PYO Thread– "Fire and Ice" Kitsunes, finished pair

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Amstaff
    Participant

I like that idea… a lighter type brown for both sections.

Now, to get him sprayed and sealed… looks like a nice day outside, no wind that is. I was curious though, how do people spray their PYO’s indoors without getting it on everything? I mean the can says that you should be 10-12 inches away from the item, so this means one needs some room to do this. Or am I reading this wrong on the can, and one can spray up closer?

Kim
      Blocked

You could use a brown colour to antique the lighter and darker colours. If you use brown over the black it would give it a lighter antique and over the beige would give it a darker antique. It depends on the shade of the brown as it might have to be lighter brown for the black and darker brown for the body unless you find one shade that works for both.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kim
        Blocked

What I did before was cover my dining room table with newspaper and then plastic or garbage bags, stick the piece in the middle to be sprayed and then hold the can a few inches away and just walk around the table spraying it. You would need an open window or door nearby though to air the place out. Or when I sprayed outside, I placed the piece on a carboard box covered with plastic and turned the box as I sprayed to coat the whole thing. To sum it up in general spray as far as the can says but if you get a bit closer it doesn’t hurt.

Amstaff
          Participant

I never thought about using the dining room table, thanks for the idea Kim πŸ™‚

SPark
            Participant

The main issue for me is the black mane, I find it too solid of a color which to me hides the details. I would like to antique this with a lighter color, but am unsure … is this something that is commonly done, or do people not antique dark areas with a lighter color?

I tend to do a little dry-brushing on very dark colors that need to pop more. Although I’m sure antiquing could look good too! But I like the way the dry brushing looks like natural highlights and shadows.

MandBsMom
              Participant

I was going to suggest dry brushing too. I did it on my Kirin’s mane and tail and I really like how it looks.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Amstaff
                Participant

Thanks for the tips ! I ended up antiquing the scales with a darker brown, and dry brushed his furry areas with bronze…. I loved the effect! Had to repaint some of the white, to brighten them back up, and now to spray him again for a final seal, glue in his eyes and add his felt bottom. I will try to post pics once he is completely finished πŸ™‚

Amstaff
                  Participant

PYO Kirin, “Bronzed Earth”, finished product:

Close up to try and show the bronzed look, this is hard to see in the photos. Maybe a good sunny day would bring this effect out more for good shots πŸ˜‰

SPark
                    Participant

That does look really good!

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Fabulous Ki-Rin!
                        Great Job – I love the White stripes and accents and you can see the Bronze. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Amstaff
                        Participant

That does look really good!

Thank you ! I kinda wish I had gotten him brown eyes now, but since his face is white, the blue seems ok, and will have to do πŸ˜‰

Fabulous Ki-Rin!
                          Great Job – I love the White stripes and accents and you can see the Bronze. πŸ™‚

Thank you!

All your kind comments mean a lot to me πŸ™‚

MandBsMom
                          Participant

LOVE the dry brushing!!! I knew it would look fabulous!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Kim
                            Blocked

It does look good! Great job!

Amstaff
                              Participant

So I started my first Griffin, and Im LOVING it ! The feathers and body are so much fun to paint ! I decided on a purple theme, which was inspired by a piece of art done by Balaa ( http://balaa.deviantart.com/art/Vitalitas-398174548 ). I purchased this print as a Christmas gift to myself, and the colors just speak to me… and inspired me to do my griffin with purple as the main color πŸ˜‰

I still have quite a bit of work to do, with details to feathers etc etc… and whatever comes to me as I go, lol ! I find I plan to do something one way, but then it changes as I progress.

Falcolf
                                Participant

Very vibrant! I can’t wait to see the end result Amstaff! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.