fbpx

Amethyst Mist Emperor – He's on eBay! (photos pg.14)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Amethyst Mist Emperor – He's on eBay! (photos pg.14)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

twindragonsmum wrote:

Out of curiosity, was his base coat done with brush work or is it airbrushed?

twindragonsmum

He was airbrushed a solid white (to save my paint costs) by the factory before they sent him to me. I then airbrushed him solid blue- doing solids is the only thing I can airbrush, I’m no good with them. After he has a solid color the rest is all brushes by hand. So 90% or more is with paintbrushes. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Jennifer wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum

He was airbrushed a solid white (to save my paint costs) by the factory before they sent him to me. I then airbrushed him solid blue- doing solids is the only thing I can airbrush, I’m no good with them. After he has a solid color the rest is all brushes by hand. So 90% or more is with paintbrushes. πŸ™‚

Did you freehand the purple over the blue and how do you control where the color goes when airbrushing? Do you mask off the parts you didn’t want purple? Having never done any airbrushing, I’m curious to know how it works… πŸ˜€ Thanks!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Jennifer
        Keymaster

twindragonsmum wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum

Did you freehand the purple over the blue and how do you control where the color goes when airbrushing? Do you mask off the parts you didn’t want purple? Having never done any airbrushing, I’m curious to know how it works… πŸ˜€ Thanks!

twindragonsmum

I airbrushed the whole thing solid blue. Blue, blue blue. πŸ˜† Then I brushed the purple over the blue, in areas I wanted it. When the blue was dry of course.

I don’t do anything fancy like masking or stencils when I airbrush. I only use it for solid color base coats.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Another question… (sorry 😳 ) brushed the purple over the blue as in dry brushed? built up layers of purple? How did you get the purple to morph into the blue? (okay; more than one question πŸ˜† )

twindragonsmum

tdm

Dragon Master wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

he looks very interesting so far.
            I just had a thought since you did Neptune (an ocean theme)how about a Sun Emperor??

I already did one, remember? πŸ˜‰ You know I’m teasing you a bit, right?

Course one in Nam’s style would be really neat.

I love how this one is going, oh how I wish I could afford him, but there is no way. But I look forward to seeing him done, he’s gonna be so pretty.

Would you mind continuing with the WIP pics on this one?

Kyrin
            OH I remember and I don’t think anyone can forget that one!!

If we ever decide he needs a new home, I’ll let you know. πŸ™‚

Kyrin

Jennifer
            Keymaster

twindragonsmum wrote:

Another question… (sorry 😳 ) brushed the purple over the blue as in dry brushed? built up layers of purple? How did you get the purple to morph into the blue? (okay; more than one question πŸ˜† )

twindragonsmum

Just paint on a brush! With lots of layers, patience, and eyeball-twitching. I paint colors on top of one another all the time, it’s how I get them to build up richly. πŸ™‚

Bob

Kyrin wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

he looks very interesting so far.
                I just had a thought since you did Neptune (an ocean theme)how about a Sun Emperor??

I already did one, remember? πŸ˜‰ You know I’m teasing you a bit, right?

Course one in Nam’s style would be really neat.

I love how this one is going, oh how I wish I could afford him, but there is no way. But I look forward to seeing him done, he’s gonna be so pretty.

Would you mind continuing with the WIP pics on this one?

Kyrin
                OH I remember and I don’t think anyone can forget that one!!

If we ever decide he needs a new home, I’ll let you know. πŸ™‚

Kyrin
                very kewl

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Ugh. This photo is TERRIBLE! I’m sorry. I took it with a small incandescent bedside lamp; makes his colors look horrible. I’ll try and take a better one in the daylight tomorrow! He has blue edging on his body scales.

Anthony
                  Participant

Its coming out nicely O.o I want it xD

I love the purple but the eyeless socket is creeping me out!

Stephanie
                    Participant

Oh thats lookin NICE… I look forward to seeing him finished!!! πŸ˜€

Both of my girls say “Ooooo he’s PRETTY!” πŸ˜‰

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

ddvm wrote:

I love the purple but the eyeless socket is creeping me out!

Same here 😳 He’s gonna be gorgeous!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Travistie
                        Participant

He looks so frosty! I was actually picturing your next one having red with the purple… but he looks very pretty like that. πŸ™‚

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

what color will the belly be nam?

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Right now it’s an icy blue that shifts to gold. I don’t know if I’ll change it or not. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 281 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.