fbpx

Amethyst Mist Color SQUEEK for an ebay auction!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Amethyst Mist Color SQUEEK for an ebay auction!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

Hi Melody, I emailed you last week about a color scheme, and while poking through the staff gallery I found a dragon that had practically the exact coloration that I was trying to describe. It was painted by Jennifer Miller, and called Amethyst Mist. Is there any chance this could become a color used on a (at least) semi-regular basis? It’s so gorgeous I can hardly stand it!

Here’s a link to the page with the picture: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/node/14353

Carolyn
      Participant

It’s a pretty color . It’s fun to look at gallerys and dream .

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Hi Amy,

Maybe I can answer this one since I painted that fellow! All of the pieces that I paint are done by hand, with paintbrushes, and take a long time to paint (sometimes more than a week each!). Because of the time intensive nature of hand painted pieces, we call them “Artist’s Editions” and they are very limited (sometimes one of a kind, though we never know if we will paint another similar in the future).

Sadly, because they take so long, there is no realistic way for these paint jobs to become normal or limited production, and at least in the foreseeable future will probably only be offered on eBay auction.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Amy
          Participant

That’s a shame they’re so difficult, because that color combination is so pretty.

I totally squeek for an ebay auction, even if all I can do is look. SQUEEK!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.