fbpx

Am I The Only One….

Home Forums Miscellany Community Am I The Only One….

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

Oh my favorite line is “I’ll put it here, that way I won’t lose it or forget it.” Then I promptly lose it or forget it and go berserk trying to find it later.

Word for word!!!

And when I finally find it: What was I thinking?!?

etruscan
      Participant

Oh my favorite line is “I’ll put it here, that way I won’t lose it or forget it.” Then I promptly lose it or forget it and go berserk trying to find it later.

Word for word!!!

And when I finally find it: What was I thinking?!?

Absolutely! As Lady Firebird said in her first post, there is NOTHING more dangerous than putting something in a “safe” place so you can find it later!

Oh goodness, yes. And it’s especially horrifying as I have to keep track of about a billion things since I’m self employed. I always seem to lose my Sales Tax permit, which is 100% necessary to have for selling at an event, about two days before the event…

Jennifer, I had to laugh at this one, because it reminds me of my husband. One year, he managed to get himself on a game show, and of course, one of the requirements was that you had to “bring this packet with you” when you showed up for taping, along with proof of your social security number–otherwise you were immediately disqualified. I stayed in charge of the packet, of course…but it didn’t occur to me to get that stupid number.

This was literally a once in a lifetime deal. Naturally, we’ve flown to the location for taping, it’s the night before, he’s already taken a sleeping pill and is pretty woozy when it dawns on him he’s forgotten that bit.

I still laugh when I think about him half asleep, trying to work out where online we’re going to be able to find proof we can print out (I can’t remember now where we did, but we did), and the trip down to the hotel’s business center at two in the morning, with me all but carrying him and my laptop, all to print out one lousy page.

Needless to say, he was way too sleepy to remember any of it, and I’m now in charge of things like boarding passes and passports, since I’m marginally the better of the two of us!

Tara
        Participant

Oh no! Not the Safe Place! In our house if someone(especially my dad) can’t find something particularly if it’s important we joke about the item being put in the Safe Place again. The problem with the Safe Place is that it’s almost always too safe.

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Oh goodness, yes. And it’s especially horrifying as I have to keep track of about a billion things since I’m self employed. I always seem to lose my Sales Tax permit, which is 100% necessary to have for selling at an event, about two days before the event…

Jennifer, I had to laugh at this one, because it reminds me of my husband. One year, he managed to get himself on a game show, and of course, one of the requirements was that you had to “bring this packet with you” when you showed up for taping, along with proof of your social security number–otherwise you were immediately disqualified. I stayed in charge of the packet, of course…but it didn’t occur to me to get that stupid number.

This was literally a once in a lifetime deal. Naturally, we’ve flown to the location for taping, it’s the night before, he’s already taken a sleeping pill and is pretty woozy when it dawns on him he’s forgotten that bit.

I still laugh when I think about him half asleep, trying to work out where online we’re going to be able to find proof we can print out (I can’t remember now where we did, but we did), and the trip down to the hotel’s business center at two in the morning, with me all but carrying him and my laptop, all to print out one lousy page.

Needless to say, he was way too sleepy to remember any of it, and I’m now in charge of things like boarding passes and passports, since I’m marginally the better of the two of us!

Haha! I don’t have a story anywhere near that good but I find I keep track of my bf’s things around the house, I keep track of him fine, me, not so much! XD

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

Oh no! Not the Safe Place! In our house if someone(especially my dad) can’t find something particularly if it’s important we joke about the item being put in the Safe Place again. The problem with the Safe Place is that it’s almost always too safe.

Our joke with our mom when she put something in a safe place is to look in the fridge! XD It’s happened before, haha

Christine
              Participant

Our joke with our mom when she put something in a safe place is to look in the fridge! XD It’s happened before, haha

I put my car keys in there once. O_o

laphon1
                Participant

Not by a long shot! I put my daughter’s New Year’s gift in a safe place. It’s safe alright…I still haven’t found it.

littleironhorse
                  Participant

I put my car keys in there once. O_o

I thought I was the only one!!! O_o

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.