fbpx

Airbrushing advice…

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Airbrushing advice…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

I just received an old hand me down badjer airbrush from my mother (she can’t see well enough to do much in the way of art recently). I have never used an airbrush in my life. Any advice on a good book or instructional video to get me started? How did you guys get started airbrushing (if you do)? I have only ever hand-painted things so the airbrush is a little strange to me! I am much more at home with a pencil or brush to hand :~ If anyone has any advice I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

Heather
      Participant

I started airbrushing last summer. I have an Iwata airbrush. I own The Ultimate Airbush Handbook which you can find on Amazon. This is an amazing book with beautiful photos. It talks about airbrushing on paper, sculptures and many other mediums. I started airbrushing sculptures and did one pyo keeper dragon using airbrush. It is really a lot of fun and you can get some amazing results. The book I mentioned as well as various airbrushing forums can help you with what you need. You need to have the correct paint or mix paint to be the correct thickness so it will spray from the airbrush. You need to know how to clean the airbrush well, among other things. You also need a good air compressor which I’m not sure if you have yet or not. I think you’ll have fun, just pick what you’d like to airbrush and the possibilities are really endless.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.