fbpx

Advice – Global Shipping Program issues?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Advice – Global Shipping Program issues?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

So I purchased a hatching green Empress a few weeks back. She arrived today, but with a chip in her wing… it was pretty obviously because she was left to roll around in the packing peanuts unprotected by a second box.

The problem is that the seller says that they DID send it double-boxed…

Apparently when the Global Shipping Program is used, Ebay opens their boxes to make sure the items are intact when they receive them. It would seem that when they opened mine, they discarded the second box altogether… Why would they do that??

Ebay’s system directed me to Paypal, but apparently that just asked the seller for a refund directly.

Now I’m really upset because they’ve put me in a situation where I have a damaged item that is neither my fault nor the seller’s. In my opinion, EBAY owes me a refund, not the seller.

I don’t really know how to go about fixing this. (I’m going to call them but I’m not sure if I have time tomorrow since I work till 7pm.)

Any advice, and/or tips for when I call?

yowch. thats messed up. reminds me of tsa at the airport last year. They unwrapped all my jars of canned huckleberries, all of my glass bottles of calligraphy ink and pastels and then just tossed them back into my suit case with out the slightest care.

I agree that this one is ebay’s problem. Hope you are able to call them, and get this worked out!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Dandr13
      Participant

I’ve had several Windstones shipped to me through global shipping and Pitney Bowes( the global shipping program company) has never removed the outer box. If they did with yours then the only reason I can think of is that the size was going to cost them more to ship than they anticipated and they were trying to make it cheaper.

The other option is that the seller is lying – the easiest way to check would be to peel up the shipping label. Pitney bowes always places their label (the one addressed to you) over the shippers label (the one addressed to their shipping depot). If there is no second label then they did discard the second box. If the label is under there, then the shipper is lying. In the end that probably doesn’t help much, but it’s something to look into.

It makes no sense for eBay to offer a shipping program that did not include insurance for the purchased items, so their may be a way for you to get answers directly from eBay. But I believe Pitney Bowes is a completely independent company. In which case eBay may tell you to contact them directly.

I wish you luck and pleasant customer service operators.

Falcolf
        Participant

Ouch, that sounds like a real dilemna! Good luck in getting things worked out! Darn Ebay!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

rachelled
          Participant

I’ve had several Windstones shipped to me through global shipping and Pitney Bowes( the global shipping program company) has never removed the outer box. If they did with yours then the only reason I can think of is that the size was going to cost them more to ship than they anticipated and they were trying to make it cheaper.

The other option is that the seller is lying – the easiest way to check would be to peel up the shipping label. Pitney bowes always places their label (the one addressed to you) over the shippers label (the one addressed to their shipping depot). If there is no second label then they did discard the second box. If the label is under there, then the shipper is lying. In the end that probably doesn’t help much, but it’s something to look into.

It makes no sense for eBay to offer a shipping program that did not include insurance for the purchased items, so their may be a way for you to get answers directly from eBay. But I believe Pitney Bowes is a completely independent company. In which case eBay may tell you to contact them directly.

I wish you luck and pleasant customer service operators.

There is a second label under the Pitney Bowes label.

The thing is, I think they removed the INNER box.

The seller said she’d wrapped the dragon in bubble wrap, put it snugly in a small box, then put that box in the larger one with peanuts. The one with peanuts is all that made it to me… as if after unwrapping it, they just tossed it back into the peanuts and discarded the small box and its bubble wrap. Why they would not re-wrap and re-package the dragon is puzzling to me, but I have a feeling it involves laziness.

The seller already called eBay, who says it was fine when they got it. Which means it must have been opened for inspection.

I know this assumes the seller is telling the truth, but the seller also seems to be very experienced shipping Windstones, and their feedback buyers even commented on superb packaging.

I have a bad feeling that this is eBay or Pitney Bowes’ fault. It makes me really mad.

Kim
            Blocked

Oh no you got another one with chips? Haven’t you had a few now that arrived damaged? I know you said the seller said they double boxed it but now when you buy something do you explain in detail to them how to double box it before it’s shipped to make sure they know how easily these can be damaged? Maybe you just haven’t had good luck as I have received a lot of pieces from ebay and various sellers that never arrived damaged. If this seller did indeed pack it as she said, you both should demand that ebay or any insurance covers the damage. You may still have to return it to her or ebay though. Or if you have enough pieces that need fixing, you could get partial refunds to cover the cost of sending them to one of the repair experts on here to fix. I sent about 6 pieces to Kyrin for repair and she did a good job. It just took a while for her to fix them all but it was worth waiting as I would not have been able to do the repairs myself.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

You should totally call eBay. It seems that a lot more can get resolved when you talk to them directly on the phone, as opposed to filling out the forms on the website. I don’t think those forms even get read by a real live human.

Dandr13
                Participant

There is a second label under the Pitney Bowes label.

The thing is, I think they removed the INNER box.

The seller said she’d wrapped the dragon in bubble wrap, put it snugly in a small box, then put that box in the larger one with peanuts. The one with peanuts is all that made it to me… as if after unwrapping it, they just tossed it back into the peanuts and discarded the small box and its bubble wrap. Why they would not re-wrap and re-package the dragon is puzzling to me, but I have a feeling it involves laziness.

The seller already called eBay, who says it was fine when they got it. Which means it must have been opened for inspection.

I know this assumes the seller is telling the truth, but the seller also seems to be very experienced shipping Windstones, and their feedback buyers even commented on superb packaging.

I have a bad feeling that this is eBay or Pitney Bowes’ fault. It makes me really mad.

Yeah, I’d guess lazy was the motivation too in that instance. Or inattention, they pulled it out to inspect, put the inner box out of sight and forgot about it when they repackaged.

At least with the second label there, there’s pretty much no question of who is at fault. Might make it easier to get the situation dealt with in the end. And keep the seller from being penalized for something they weren’t responsible for.

Dandr13
                  Participant

Sorry quote didn’t work right, and it did a double post. My bad

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

Not much in the way of advice other than be FIRM with ebay. Don’t use words like “I think”, “I feel”, “maybe” tell them “This item was damaged by ebay” and do NOT let them transfer you to paypal. I had a situation once where both companies kept tossing me back and forth like a tennis ball and neither one wanted to fess up. I was on the phone with them for an hour past their closing time and still didn’t get it resolved. It was probably 3 years ago but man it stuck in my mind.

I hate how ebay is like THE POLICE when it comes to regulating buyers and the behavior of sellers but ebay can do whatever they want and like a dictatorship, get away with it. They’ve put most of the other buying and selling websites out of business (anyone remember nobidding.com?) and they can come down with their iron fist because they feel like it. (I’m still pretty bitter that I was told, “You can never sell on ebay ever again as long as you live” just for letting my standards fall to “standard” and having my buyers leave me 4 out of 5 stars.) Anyhoo, be firm, and if you don’t like the answer you get, call back and speak to someone else. Ask to speak to a regional manager or somesuch. GOOD LUCK!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.