fbpx

A suggestion about the GB baby unicorns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody A suggestion about the GB baby unicorns

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

Somebody else suggested NOT putting up the huge photo of them all and then nobody can repost the image with circles on it like “I want this one” and “I want those two”

As much as I am guilty of this myself and LOVE seeing the pictures >_< I love seeing all the different ones all together, but it's not a necessity if it cuts down the squabbling.

The community as a whole, I would hope are all mature enough to get over it if we can't all get exactly the ones we want though. If more then one person wants the same one, SOMEONE is going to be dissappointed, maybe even BOTH people, or more. What you get is totally random and that's the point. There's just no way to help it, but maybe it will help people fall in love with what they GET as opposed to what the SEE before hand.

I like posting the pic of the whole batch so you can see each individual- and it is like a class photo, the only time they will all be together before they are sent out into the world…sniff.

Melody
      Keymaster

If we want to reduce the dibs-calling, multi-thread-posting, general feeding-frenzy behavior around the GB Unis, the solution is simple.

Don’t post the batch photo beforehand.

Seriously, everything got WAY OUT OF HAND the day the batch photo for the 8/30 Unis was posted in the blog.

It makes it easier for the people to pin down what specific piece they’re looking for, but it also leads to a subtle competitive tone where many people are already wanting the same piece before they even know whose door it’s shown up at.

Post a sample photo like the store one, and let there be some surprises! Or post the batch photo a little later so it doesn’t get people foaming at the mouth quite so soon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It just. Makes. Sense.

I remember that this is exactly how it was done with the first batch or two of the GB Youngs and the whole affair seemed a lot more fun and friendly, rather than just turning into one giant ebay auction.

Squeak for the colors you like and I will paint more in the next batch. (I have trouble parting with some of these, so I understand!)

Melody
        Keymaster

It seems like that’s exactly why Melody made the GB Unis in the first place, Wolfen, and it’s lots of fun to trade. Question Mark Uni made me think of some kind of Riddler-corn. That would make a pretty wild one for the next batch!

I still love seeing the whole crowd together. Maybe the Graduating Unicorn Class photo can be posted after they’ve sold instead of before.

Then people who are looking for specific pieces can still have a reference while doing trades and sales, but there’s still the surprise and fun of not knowing exactly what you’re going to get.

I guess the way I see it is, you have an equal chance of getting that special Uni you’re after when you buy from the store, whether or not you knew it existed beforehand and got really excited about it. And if there wasn’t a letdown of “Oh, I didn’t get the one I wanted,” then you might find yourself more open to appreciate the one that did find its way to you. Which is exactly why I love Circadian so much. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just musings I guess. Melatonin is kicking in. (Have any of you TRIED this? It’s wonderful. ๐Ÿ˜€ )

melatonin yessss…zzzz

Melody
          Keymaster

And I dont know why people are suggesting larger batches. How is ‘100’ not a large batch? Even if 50 people got 2 each, 50 is a lot of people! 100 is a lot of unicorns!

I’m sorry, I guess my idea wasn’t very good. 100 is a lot, but they sold out so fast. I’m just speaking from the sad point of view of someone who hasn’t been able to get even one yet.

I will try for a larger batch this time. So what colors are everyone fighting over? I am not up-to-date on this.

Hannah
            Participant

Liver Chestnut!!! Pretty please XD

Those, and the Calicoloosas are incredibly popular, and I know some people like the black and white ones with the red eyes ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Pam

The brown, white, and blue calico uni in the last batch was very popular.

Wampus Dragon
                Participant

I personally squeak for light blue-eyed palomino appaloosas!!!

Liver chestnuts!

red-eyed unis, apparently people like that.

lighter buckskins

red bays? The REALLY red unicorns with the white manes and tails.

Wampus Dragon
                  Participant

I like posting the pic of the whole batch so you can see each individual- and it is like a class photo, the only time they will all be together before they are sent out into the world…sniff.

I LIKE the class photo. Don’t take it away! I’d rather be able to SEE the availability of certain colors before I buy from a batch! If it was nothing but pintos and calicos, I wouldnt even try.

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

red bays? The REALLY red unicorns with the white manes and tails.

YESSSS!!!! o please red red RED unicorns! I was going to get a pyo unicorn so I could get this obsession out of my system, but since they’re out of stock, I’m still dying for a red unicorn!

etruscan
                      Participant

It is interesting to see the group photo, and you certainly should be proud of each and every unicorn, but I think the first “Goof-Up” and “Grab Bag” sales were more fun and less stressful. My recollection is that they did not have a photo showing the whole group – but I could be wrong.

siberakh1
                        Participant

Awwww… I like the class photo of each batch! If it isn’t posted up beforehand, it could always be posted afterward? I do like the idea of posting a picture of them all together. Some people do get a bit competitive with them, but I do enjoy seeing a picture of them all together.

Hmmm… I do like ones that are like fjords/prezwalski/buckskin types, and the dark bald faced babies with darker eyes were cute (though I’m not sure if like them on the young’s face). The color reminds me of little clydesdales. Grays are nice. The shiny bodies have reminded me a bit of the coats on akhal tekes! The teal and periwinkle eyes are neat, but I like those colors anyways.

I guess I’m kind of easy to please on these, so I guess I don’t help much! *lol*

Purplecat
                          Participant

I think people have started setting up expectations of the grab bags now…which they hadnt until the first couple had been held.

I really enjoy seeing the group shots myself, and really believe the setup is wonderful. I hope they continue to be posted, since I havent been able to afford a single GB uni yet, and get an immense amount of enjoyment seeing the wonderful variety of paintjobs all on one shot.

However,I think the problem arises when folks get overexcited, or over hopeful for specifics, and need to take a few steps back and remind ourselves the original purpose of these.

Be happy for the person who may have gotten that over coveted purple polka dotted one. I wonder how many folks feel guilty when they’re super pleased they nabbed a really really desired one, but have no desire to part with it….upsetting who knows how many other people when tons of threads go up with it circled as “the one” they’re hoping for.

(edit: I also love seeing the trade threads….the above could be taken wrong….but I have to admit thinking if I’d gotten the calico uni…I’d probably have had the temptation to stay quiet, twiddle my thumbs and give the computer my most innocent look upon seeing some of the frustration of uni searchers…with a faint sense of embarrassment)

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

more calicos! I love the one towards the left in the third up of the bottom rows, the one I have circled in white for my wanted post…
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/fatalbeauty01/zgrabbagunicorn3.png

and more blues! but I like the calicos waaaaaaay more!

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Christine
                              Participant

Aww Melody, I never meant take it away! Just delay the post a little. I would miss the Class Photo too, if it was never posted.

Either way, you’s da boss, you get to decide whether you like any of the suggestions or not ๐Ÿ˜‰

moonbeam
                                Participant

I must admit I also very much like to see the group shot before they go in the store. Then I can decide if there are enough I like or not. If most of a batch consisted of appaloosas I would definately not try to get one. With the international shipping and extra customs this just gets too expensive…

Melody, have you ever thought about giving the baby Unis different patterns on their back? Like maybe a tribal or paisley or something like that. A bit like the patterns you put on the poads ๐Ÿ™‚
                                  This is probably a lot more difficult to paint than the babies you do for the grab bag. But I would love to see something like that, maybe as ebay or LP pieces?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.