fbpx

A Simple Joy – UPDATE

Home Forums Miscellany Community A Simple Joy – UPDATE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Well it arrived! My camera and I was so surprised that it came so soon. Thought it would take about 6 weeks but it came tonight! Fooling with it now and getting used to it. Did manage to take a couple of pics of my Windstones. Can’t take too many because those memory cards that come with them don’t take too many pictures. But it is enough for me to fool around with and I can upload the pics and erase them for now. Just keeping it in the AUTO setting for now until I get used to taking pictures and then I might go for the advanced features. It is a Canon Power Shot A1100 IS and it’s good enough for me to learn on. So at last folks, no more describing stuff when I now can just snap, upload and share! WooHoo! πŸ˜€

I never did own a digital camera–it’s one of those things that I dread shopping for because not sure about what I need and what the sales person is going to try and shove down my throat. As I get older, I find I’m more and more technologically challenged. Well my credit card points statement arrived today and I had a healthy amount of points that have acculumated over years and years [thankfully not since I discovered Windstones]. Some of these points are starting to expire because I’ve never used them. Well one of the items I could redeem my points for was a digital camera. I went to the bank website and registered to redeem my points and see more of the items available. Well long story short, there was a camera I thought I’d get–just for starters so see how I liked it. What the heck—used up a good portion of my points and they deliver it free! [Been paying for it years and years you know–nothing is ever free]

So whenever it gets here I’ll be getting a Canon Powershot 12.1 MP–don’t know how good it is but at least I’ll have a digital camera I can play around with. And….I never share my items because I have to wait and get them developed and blah, blah, blah. So now I can snap a picture, upload, and post for all to drool over and admire!

One of those simple joys that I’d like to share. A little something that made me a little happy today amongst the gloom and doom of this economy–a small but visible light at the end of that bleak tunnel. Ever have something so simple make you happy? πŸ˜€

Adaneth
        Participant

Digital cameras are lovely–I’d never go back to not knowing how the photos came out until weeks and months later when I got the film developed! And 12.1 megapixels sounds nice indeed. I’ll admit I’m biased–both my digital cameras have been Canon, and I’m happy with them. πŸ˜€ Congrats on the ‘freebie’!

dragonmedley
          Participant

Woohoo! Can’t wait to see your first shots πŸ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

lamortefille
            Participant

Congrats! If I can learn to upload photos, so can you. Hopefully, you will take better pictures than I do, though. 😈 πŸ˜†

Kujacker
              Participant

I love digitals because I can fire off shots without having to think of what film I have left, or if it’s in focus, or whatever other number of things. I can also pick which pictures I print out. I have a nikon myself.
                Hope you have as much fun with them as I do πŸ™‚ I love taking photos.

kitsunelady
                Participant

Pretty sure cnet gave the Canon Powershot good reviews. 12.1 megapixels is great! Good choice, Lady!

I’d buy a tripod too, if you don’t already have one. >.> They aren’t very expensive, and so useful.

Lokie
                  Participant

Kujacker wrote:

I love digitals because I can fire off shots without having to think of what film I have left, or if it’s in focus, or whatever other number of things. I can also pick which pictures I print out.

So true. I <3 digital cameras.

I have way better photos of my friends and family now (I was alive and remember pre-digital LOL) because of the ability to preview (and then, redo) or fire off a dozen shots usually getting me at least something I like.

Anyways, congrats! πŸ˜€

Maria
                    Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

Ever have something so simple make you happy? πŸ˜€

Yup. Like driving to work on a bitingly cold morning, through the city, and seeing a large four-legged creature trot across the road. Leave off the gas and roll out, and what turns round to watch me pass? A fluffy fox.
                      Congrats on the digicam; they’re handy!

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

A fun bump to update πŸ˜€

NirvanaCat13
                        Participant

Grats! Can’t wait to see all your purdy pics!

machineguts
                          Participant

Wow Lady, that’s awesome that it came much earlier than expected! And that is a nice digital camera you got! Congrats! πŸ˜€

Lokie
                            Participant

Awesome πŸ™‚

I can’t wait to see your pics, Lady! Please be sure to take nice up-close detailed macro shots! πŸ˜†

I drool over dragon scales and claws! 8)

machineguts
                              Participant

LOL me too! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.