fbpx

A question for the labradorite lovers…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone A question for the labradorite lovers…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Asking this makes me nervous, because the whole reason I am doing this is to try not to hurt anyone’s feelings or exclude anyone.

As you guys know, I have two labradorite griffins and a mother coiled dragon here that I am going to sell. I had been listing all the other pieces on eBay to try to make things a more level field for everyone, but I have had several people ask me to consider listing the griffins on the forum classified ads instead so that I can take payments (and thus give them a chance at it). Also a few have expressed that they do not use eBay at all anymore and thus felt left out.

All arguments about why you love/hate eBay/the classifieds aside– which would you prefer? I am trying to be fair to everyone. If you prefer not to say here you are welcome to PM me instead. I don’t want this thread to get ugly– I just want to know what you prefer.

(But for goodness sakes I am not taking offers right now).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Alternatively, if there is a way to legitimately allow buyers to do payment plants for a piece through eBay, I am all ears. I think that it would be the best compromise!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

This is actually something I have had my own little struggle with… Soon I am going to be selling a PYO that people seem to have decent interest in, but I don’t know which would be a better way to go.. offers on here, or ebay… it’s tricky cause each have their advantages.

With a non bias opinion, cause even though I LOVE the pieces you’re talking about, I know I won’t be able to afford them, lol – I think you need to ask yourself if you want to take payments, and if so, how long are you willing to take them for/how much the first payment should be n all that good stuff (Though I’m sure you have already asked yourself these things).
          An advantage to classifieds over ebay is you would only be dealing with Paypal fee’s, not ebay fees too..
          Disadvantage, you gotta keep closer tabs to the offers coming in, so you can keep the best updated info on the classified ad.
          Maybe do a small piece that isn’t quite as wildly wanted as the labradorite’s for offers on classifieds and see how it runs for you?

dragonshoard
          Participant

It isn’t exactly a payment plan, but paypal lets you pay with a credit card and no paypal credit card fees to the buyer. And then you would have to make the payments to the credit card. (That is assuming that you have enough room on the credit card for the full price…)

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Someone far more knowledgeable about eBay has helped me to learn that I can take payments on eBay auctions if I set it up properly. So, I guess I will list them on eBay and be clear that I am happy taking payments if the winner prefers. 🙂 That seems like the best compromise!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

It’s all up to you wheteher or not you want to accept payments on ebay. You can offer to take payments if you so choose. You may get more attention that way.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
                Participant

Cool!! I’ll be watching!
                  Thanks for trying so hard to be so fair to us all Ms.Jennifer. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Purplecat
                  Participant

I’d go silent bidding on the forum classifieds, if that’s possible. Put it up for about a week, and update the ‘current high offer’ at the end of each day, notifying the high bidder for that day.

It would stink for Ebay to take a chunk of the sale funds.

Edit….oh duh…nevermind, read above about the decision already being made! sorry!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.