fbpx

A little off the subject of Windstones

Home Forums Miscellany Community A little off the subject of Windstones

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

darjeb
      Participant

I know a lot of people around here that are collecting the State Quarters for their kids, grandkids, etc and the ones that live in the West can’t get the “P”‘s and I just thought if anybody in the West needs any “P” to complete their collection of “D” and “P” I keep some spares and would be happy to send them to you.

Jodi
        Participant

I collect those and need some P’s.

Alabama
          Maine
          Iowa
          Wisconsin
          California
          Minnesota
          Oregon
          West Virginia
          Colorado
          North Dakota
          South Dakota
          and anything after.

Let me know if you have any of these. Thanks!

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I collect them, but I’m always searching for the Denver “D” mint quarters. It was a lot easier to find them when I was working retail. I would keep a list of the quarters I was looking for and check each quarter in the register as I counted down at closing. I can try to help keep and eye out for coins as well.

The quarters I’m looking for are (including unreleased):
            2006 – South Dakota D
            2007 – Montana D, Washington D, Idaho D, Wyoming P/D, Utah P/D
            2008 – Oklahoma P/D, New Mexico P/D, Arizona P/D, Alaska P/D, Hawaii P/D

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Thank you so much darjeb for sending me some of the quarters I needed. Emerald I’ll try to keep an eye out for the quarters you listed as well. And wouldn’t you know I was a goof and forgot to list a quarter I was missing?

The quarters I’m still looking for are (including unreleased):
              2007 – Wyoming D, Utah D
              2008 – Oklahoma D, New Mexico P/D, Arizona D, Alaska P/D, Hawaii P/D

Kujacker
              Participant

I don’t collect them, but one of my jobs is retail so I could look for some if you guys want.

Jodi
                Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Thank you so much darjeb for sending me some of the quarters I needed. Emerald I’ll try to keep an eye out for the quarters you listed as well. And wouldn’t you know I was a goof and forgot to list a quarter I was missing?

The quarters I’m still looking for are (including unreleased):
                  2004 – Wisconsin D
                  2007 – Wyoming P/D, Utah P/D
                  2008 – Oklahoma P/D, New Mexico P/D, Arizona P/D, Alaska P/D, Hawaii P/D

Thanks, but I got all the ones I need from Darjeb. I think I can find some of the ones you need though.

I live in Utah…I will try to keep my eye out. The P and D means where they were printed, right?

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Yes. Either the Eastern US or the Western US, but I don’t remember which letter is which. I think the Mississippi River is the dividing line.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

P quarters come from the Philadelphia mint and D quarters come from the Denver mint.

Aw, that makes sense. Now I have to look at the quarters. Is one more rarer then the other one?

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Thanks Peg!!! I knew it had something to so with the mint, but I couldn’t remember. 😉

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Aw, that makes sense. Now I have to look at the quarters. Is one more rarer then the other one?

No necessarily, though depending on where you live you may have difficulty finding quarters from one mint or the other. I live in the Southeast so I find P quarters all the time. D quarters on the other hand seem to be the bane of my existence.

pegasi1978 wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

No necessarily, though depending on where you live you may have difficulty finding quarters from one mint or the other. I live in the Southeast so I find P quarters all the time. D quarters on the other hand seem to be the bane of my existence.
                          Hmm, interesting.

Skigod377
                          Participant

I didnt know that either. Over here, I cant get crap. I only have the east coast, some up north, and some south. I have California for the west, but that is it. 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.