fbpx

A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Okay so *ANNOUNCEMNT TIME*

This has been really difficult to keep track of between PMs, emails, and even Facebook Messenger requests for details of future items and bids on current ones. Now that some items have sold its getting a little more manageable. I’m just thinking about doing this after my vacation and its making my head spin lol.

So I’m thinking going forward I may do these sales in *batches* based in the imagur gallery limit. Like 5 or 6 images for each item and a new gallery once a week or something of fresh items. How does that sound? It may take longer to get through everything but at least it will be a bit more organized.

I’ve gotten suggestions of not taking “bids” and do it like a “buy it now” but I want folks who don’t sign on everyday to have an opportunity to view and bid on these pieces and not miss out in case their grail pops up while also getting the fair value for the family as well.

If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas I’m happy to hear them, but I think listing things like 6 – 8 at a time maybe once a week might be the most manageable thing for doing this by myself.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

GardenNinja
      Participant

Do whatever works best for you. You’re the one doing all the work, don’t try to do more than you can.
        If you do decide to post a new batch once a week, perhaps leave them up for bids for 5 or 6 days. Unless you prefer to spread out the sales over the week.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

etruscan
        Participant

Maybe 5 or 6 items a week rather than 8. You will be doing … inspecting, listing, photographing, posting the photos, dealing with (lots of) messages, deciding who bought a piece, communicating about payment, packing, shipping, and any follow-up needed after the sale. That’s a lot!

Take your time. We all are eager to see what is in the collection but we don’t want you to burn out.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

The way my brain works is 6 items a week at 52 weeks a year means it will be over a year before I get through selling everything lol. If i can do just a few more then maybe I can do it all in 9 months or so.

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ela_Hara
            Participant

You could announce a new Batch is up/online on this thread with a post of the batch’s items and Imgur photo links here. Then do your ‘Batch of the week’ Classified Ad with any additional specifics you want to note. Interested forum members can ‘subscribe’ to this thread (or follow you on FB) and they will be notified when you post anything new – that’s how I know when new responses/posts are up (newer forum members might know about this feature).
              You also might want to consider specifying one method of communication so you are not trying to track/remember who PM’d vs emailed vs Facebooked you. I would suggest email via WS forum or tell FB contacts to send their email address to you. That way if you need to send followup emails with photos you can.
              Another organization suggest if you haven’t thought of it already, might be to make a folder per Ad Batch in your email/outlook/etc to keep the associated member emails/inquiries for each batch/item together and out of your general inbox, for easier reference and so you won’t loose any. And have a standard ‘subject’ line fir us to use perhaps – like Melody does for the Monthly Raffles. Maybe “Batch 1 = week 8/26 – 8/30/19” with the dates?
              You mentioned a spread sheet, which is a great idea as well.

Thanks for doing this huge undertaking for that family – I’m sure they appreciate it and we do too!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
              Participant

You could set up a new Gmail address just for this task, so you won’t have to be looking in multiple places and avoid having your personal email and such cluttered by this.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

GardenNinja
                Participant

This sounds like a very good idea. You would want something in it to be constant, though. Perhaps “Collection sale week of 8/26/19”. Include “week of (date)” in the ad title.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Updated the thread. Many items shipping today. UPS items sent yesterday and I’m going back to ship there again tomorrow.

New gallery up with some updated pieces.

http://imgur.com/gallery/6fWOkhU

The Emerald Peacock Male is signed by Melody. I don’t know why… I’m thinking it might be one of the 10 intense violet emerald peacock pieces but with no box and no coa it’s hard to say. Its not numbered but I have one in my collection and its also not numbered so I believe it’s one of the 10 from eBay. It has a rub on the top of its head but I can touch it up easily. It needs a bath though.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Oh I also did a quick fix on the Peacock Old Warrior. I used some Simple Green and it took most of the packing peanut residue off and I touched it up quickly. It’s not perfect but it looks much better. Photos are in the gallery.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

From what I can remember of the “IVEP” that Male looks to be one of them.

whisker hunter west
                        Participant

I have a regular edition Emerald Peacock male from about 2010, and I think he looks more subdued than the signed male in the album. Except for the specific pattern of accent scales which are grape-purple, the “purple” on my guy is more blue-purple… indigo maybe? It looks purple when compared to “regular” blue, but it looks blue when compared to the grape-purple. So I’d guess that the signed male is IVEP, especially since the album male’s nose looks like the same color as the little grape-purple scales around the gold spot. On mine, they’re definitely different.

Would you take “I can’t pay now, but I could in a couple months” offers? With the understanding that if someone meets or exceeds the offer before then, they get the piece. My budget for Shinies got blasted by a couple vet bills this summer, to the point where I really can’t afford impulse buys for a while. There’s at least one piece that I’m interested in, but I don’t want to add to the chaos if you really only want offers to move things *now*.

Thanks for all the pictures – it’s fun seeing everything!

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

At some point I’ll have enough pieces where the request to push off selling one is totally do-able. Time is of the essence to get these items out of the storage facility but not necessarily once they’re at my place. I mean, I know she wants to sell them and be done but if I have to push off some pieces till later I’m sure it won’t be an issue. Especially if I’m gonna do them in smaller, more manageable batches.

Also, hopefully everyone reads this part cause I don’t feel like sending notifications out to everyone who bought something, but once you have safely recieved your item, if you could go into the PayPal transaction and confirm the item was recieved the family would much appreciate it.

Since it is a new account for them everything has been coming in on a 21 day hold or until the buyer confirms receipt on the PayPal transaction.

Also Susie confirmed, the male em pea is one of the 10 “intense” versions from eBay.

Thanks for bearing with me everyone

I have to go to the dentist again tomorrow so I may have a few hours where I’m out of it. Trying to get all this dental work done and over with during my vaca as well.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                            Participant

Feel better soon.Dentist….ugh

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
                              Participant

Depending on the size of the storage unit, the monthly rent for it could be considerable! It makes sense to empty it out quickly, even if they are able to at least move the items to a smaller, cheaper unit.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

sherry10151982
                                Participant

FYI Drag0n, I got a text message right after I paid for my item asking if it was a legitimate purchase because I guess it was a new PayPal account? Anyway I said yes to the message. As for going into the transaction and letting them know we got the item, I’m not sure how to go about doing that.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 463 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.