fbpx

A Distribution question for PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody A Distribution question for PYOs

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Maybe the stores that sell those pewter D&D guys for people to paint would be a good place to sell them as well. They would also carry a selection of paints and supplies for them one would think.

SPark
    Participant

I use Reaper paints that are meant for painting DnD and gaming miniatures for all my PYOs now, they’re the best things!

But, while I do think miniature gamers are more likely to buy PYOs than other gamers, they get gaming minis to be their characters, so that they can game with them. You can’t game with a Windstone, you’d break it.

I’ve actually posted several of my PYOs in the “show off stuff you’ve painted” area on a gaming mini forum, and they didn’t get any real interest. Nobody thought they were particularly amazing or neat or special, they all went over to ooo and aaaaah at the lastest inch high orc figure.

I just don’t see gaming stores selling Windstones. I guess you never know, since DndD and Windstones are both fantasy things, but that’s really about all they have in common.

Skigod377
      Participant

I just thought that an arts and crafts store would be the best place. They carry paints, so artsy-types go there. I didnt remember about the handling them being a problem, but if thats the case, they can put them in a glass case. If they want, they can leave one out so folks can feel the quality. It was just an idea.

Starbreeze
        Participant

Selling them in arts & craft stores would depend a lot on where the store is located. For example, it’s hard to find any Windstone around here, because there are only a few of us in the area that buy it. Hopefully, the arts & craft stores would know their market before they would stock the PYO’s. I’d hate to just see them sitting on a shelf getting dusty…

Skigod377
          Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Selling them in arts & craft stores would depend a lot on where the store is located. For example, it’s hard to find any Windstone around here, because there are only a few of us in the area that buy it. Hopefully, the arts & craft stores would know their market before they would stock the PYO’s. I’d hate to just see them sitting on a shelf getting dusty…

Well, I doubt that would happen cuz they would at least have ONE faithful customer!!

Maria
            Participant

Two. I’d find a way to get mine from Germany, too, if no store will take them. I’d save mega bucks on shipping.

Starbreeze
              Participant

Quote:

skigod377
                Well, I doubt that would happen cuz they would at least have ONE faithful customer!!

But then I’d have to send them all to frozen to paint!!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jennifer
                Keymaster

SPark wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

It’s true you shouldn’t handle them too much if possible before painting. John emphasized this point with me which is why I put it in my FAQ. πŸ™‚

*nods* I can see that makes sense, and I recall you saying it. But I can’t imagine somebody returning a statue because they’d touched it and the paint won’t stick. I mean… I really do handle mine a fair bit, and have never had any troubles getting the paint to stick.

Oh definately, that seems a little silly. Besides, things like that should be a ‘sales final’ once they are opened, like any other artist or craft material. In most cases you can’t return art supplies if you’ve opened them and messed with them, these should be the same, save for damage to the sculpture before the customers get it. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.