fbpx

A Crazy Thought—Windstone Games

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone A Crazy Thought—Windstone Games

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

LadyFirebird
      Participant

As I’m reading all the stories about the release of the various dragons in the Amethyst color–a crazy thought occured to me. I read it in a post–and I forget where–that getting some of these items was like a hunt. I mean people thought they had an item and didn’t as they checked out, missing the release despite camping out on the computer or just turning their head to sneeze. Well, I know there are some computer pros on this forum, who like to play online games so how about a Windstones hunt game?

I can come up with ideas, but don’t have the expertise or talent to pull it off but here’s how it could go:

An individual would pick a certain dragon they would like to ‘collect’ and state that at the beginning of the game. Like if they wanted all male dragons a certain color or all orientals etc or this could be set–this game is all fledglings or all coileds or all in a family–male, mother, hatchling. Then they would go hunting for them and like the Windstone store, they could come out at any given moment. You would then have to try and capture them and put them in your display case. But, like the Windstone store, just because you have dragon in hand doesn’t mean it’ll make it to the display case and someone else could capture it from you if you didn’t perform certain steps in a certain order to confirm capture. The first one to capture all their dragons wins. This could go on for weeks even months!

I was also thinking of this: Windstones has a raffle each month and draws names to see which of us will get the raffle. I like that and also, there could be a prize for the winner of the Windstones game. It wouldn’t be every month–like every 4 months or even bi yearly, that you could play for. Same rules apply, once you’ve won a prize, you couldn’t play again but could help assist a player of your choice help capture their dragons. That way they could still have the thrill of the play! And if the winner contributes their prize to a charity cause, they can still play the next game.

Does this sound real way out? Just a thought everyone, just a thought!

Nicole
        Participant

Sounds interesting. How would one go about making this game though?

LadyFirebird
          Participant

NicoleH wrote:

Sounds interesting. How would one go about making this game though?

This is where those who are very computer savvy come in. This is just an idea that came to me and I don’t know if there would even be interest in it from forum members or Windstone. I’m just laying out basic objectives–they could set this game in an enchanted forest or a city or really, anywhere–Windstones factory. Thought it might be fun if it could be done. There could be villians you would have to thwart off etc, I mean there are many possibilities.

Things like this pop into my head from time to time. Just throwing an idea out there and if a staff member PMs me or a bunch of forum members posts and says ‘LadyFirebird, go ignite yourself!’ then I’ll respect that. Just a harmless little thought about having some fun! πŸ™‚

Melissa
            Participant

It sounds incredibly fun, but seems like it would be a heck of a thing to program and design. πŸ˜• I’d be very happy to play it, but the actual creation process sounds epic.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Sounds interesting but I wonder how it would work exactly?

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

My Finace is a programer and is pretty bored. I could talk to him about how much work it would be and maybe he could do it. He has made a few Flash games in the past that were pretty good. πŸ˜€

Melissa
                Participant

Griffinlover wrote:

My Finace is a programer and is pretty bored. I could talk to him about how much work it would be and maybe he could do it. He has made a few Flash games in the past that were pretty good. πŸ˜€

Oh, my… πŸ™‚

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I liked the scavenger hunt Snapdragon did before, that was fun πŸ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I liked the scavenger hunt Snapdragon did before, that was fun πŸ˜€

It doesn’t have to be in the concept that I originally put through…just a thought when I read all these posts about getting items just to have them snatched out of their carts and I thought of a game of some sort with possibly a prize for the winner. I don’t know what Windstone thinks of this and yes, it would take a monumental amount of time and programming. This is just an idea, a suggestion and if Windstone thinks it might be something to do, we’d probably wouldn’t see it for some time. Something fun with Windstones! πŸ™‚

purpledragonclaw
                      Participant

Sounds like a fun idea and a lot of work for one programmer! We would need a team to develop this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.