fbpx

A crazy idea, a new way for windstone to use these forums

Home Forums Miscellany Community A crazy idea, a new way for windstone to use these forums

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Melody, I’ve been thinking a lot about the cost of doing business through ebay ever since I read the thread about the changing policies.

Have you considered as a trial run, posting a OOAK in the Flea Market forum? You could post the usual pictures, and assign one of your minions to read through the PM offers, set a limit to the time, say until such and such date and time.

Even if you don’t get quite as good of a response as on ebay, the fact that you would save all the fees might make it worthwhile.

At the least, you could try it with one piece, and see if it is economically feasible, after all, your best customers are already on this forum, so why not?

Bob

I have a feeling it would not be worth it to Windstone. With E-bay they are world wide. With the Forum they are only listing to the people listed here and if you get down to it there are only about 25-30 of us posting here on a regular basis that would see the item and since most of us are BROKE all the time I don’t see them making a lot of money off the items. I know the fees can get out of line but they would be giving the piece away if they only listed them here

I LOVE the idea though

frozendragon
      Participant

not to mention bogging up the system with PM’s…

Purplecat
        Participant

Well, I dont think Windstone has huge fees, due to their starting price on nearly all of their auctions is 99 cents. I think it’s rather clever, since you know you’ll get bids. πŸ˜‰

Mmloda
          Participant

purplecat wrote:

Well, I dont think Windstone has huge fees, due to their starting price on nearly all of their auctions is 99 cents. I think it’s rather clever, since you know you’ll get bids. πŸ˜‰

Yeah but there is always a FINAL VALUE FEE at the end of each auction and since all of the Windstones sell for quite a bit…it does all add up at the end.. πŸ™‚

Marzena

Bob

I was just thinking about the final value fee also. So do you get 2 fees??

Adaneth
              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I was just thinking about the final value fee also. So you you get 2 fees??

Yep, listing fee, fee for extra photos or bold print or other attention-getting frills, and the final value fee, which unfortunately is the one that’s going up a bit. πŸ˜•

dragonmedley
                Participant

Keeping with the idea of auctioning stuff here and bypass ebay fees…

Why not offer the ebay pieces at a set price? Just an idea, I’m not really sure of the repercussions of this, though.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

I think Windstone has collectors all over the world. And ebay is a great advertising local. Think of all the money they don’t have to spend advertising becuase ebay is seen so many places. Some of the forums newest members bought pieces before they were forum members for prices nobody here could match…that’s why we lost the auction πŸ˜€ It would probably be bad for Windstone to just sell here. Unfortunately as Jennifer posted ebay is so large and reaches so many places it can’t really be competed with. πŸ˜₯

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

Skigod377
                    Participant

I think Ebay is probably the best place for their stuff, though I am all for a forum auction.

Jasmine
                      Participant

And not all collectors know about this forum…

Bob

dragonmedley wrote:

Keeping with the idea of auctioning stuff here and bypass ebay fees…

Why not offer the ebay pieces at a set price? Just an idea, I’m not really sure of the repercussions of this, though.
                          I would think that Windstone would lose a LOT like thousands of dollars a month if the entire world was not able to bid??

Melody
                          Keymaster

innerstillness wrote:

Melody, I’ve been thinking a lot about the cost of doing business through ebay ever since I read the thread about the changing policies.

Have you considered as a trial run, posting a OOAK in the Flea Market forum? You could post the usual pictures, and assign one of your minions to read through the PM offers, set a limit to the time, say until such and such date and time.

Even if you don’t get quite as good of a response as on ebay, the fact that you would save all the fees might make it worthwhile.

At the least, you could try it with one piece, and see if it is economically feasible, after all, your best customers are already on this forum, so why not?Yes, we could do that. We may in the future. I was maybe going to do that as a “club” thing. (If we ever get a club. We haven’t had time to deal with it, but we are still planning to do that some day) The main reason we use ebay is that when we sell things there we attract new people to the forum!

Laurie
                            Participant

We need a club πŸ™ my husband says we are a cult as it is, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.