fbpx

A continued discussion of insurance/PO problems

Home Forums Miscellany Community A continued discussion of insurance/PO problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 312 total)
  • Author

*** Jennifer here– this topic was split from Skigod’s Flea Market topic so that the Flea market topic could stay where it is. ***

The original post (as follows) is a bit harsh, and I greatly encourage ANYONE that has any problems to work them out to being resolved in private first! Let it rest a day or two so you can cool off (we all say things that we may not mean to when we’re hot-headed), and then if you think it’s worth posting in public please ask me first. We can all avoid heartache that way.

Also, tatt2dcowgrl has requested that anyone that is not directly involved in this issue not send her PMs on this issue (so, as I understand it, the only person that should be PMing her about this is Ski, if she needs to).

If anyone has any questions or objections, you may PM or email me at any time and I would be more than happy to help!

Before passing judgment, please read through the posts from both parties.
    Original post as follows, Jennifer out!

I would not recommend buying from skigod. I bought four items two of which arrived broken and one of the broken ones scuffed up and she will not let me return them. I didn’t know much about insurance and threw out the box they came in so I can’t claim the insurance I guess. I could send them off to be fixed but that doesn’t make any sense that I should have to lose money out of my pocket to fix something that arrived broken and I already paid for once.

Jodi
    Participant

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

I would not recommend buying from skigod. I bought four items two of which arrived broken and one of the broken ones scuffed up and she will not let me return them. I didn’t know much about insurance and threw out the box they came in so I can’t claim the insurance I guess. I could send them off to be fixed but that doesn’t make any sense that I should have to lose money out of my pocket to fix something that arrived broken and I already paid for once.

Wow! That’s pretty bold! Right in her own thread!

Well if she refuses to do anything what would you do if you were in my position?

Skigod377
      Participant

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

Well if she refuses to do anything what would you do if you were in my position?

Now, for the rest of the story: The packing was fine. Double boxed with LOTS of padding. I cannot help that she threw it away. Who should pay for that mistake? Me? Why? I paid for the insurance. The horns were broken off the unicorns. They can be glued back on very easily. If she didnt want to do that, then fine… claim the insurance… thats what its there for. Oh wait… she threw the box out. I cannot be responsible for your ignorance of the postal system. You mentioned in your first PM that you threw out the box and think you needed it for the claim, so you did have some clue. I know for a fact that you would not give a refund in a situation like this if the shoe was on the other foot. There is a forum member who can certainly attest to that.

Wow. 😯 *Waiting for a referee to step up* 😆

I’ve not had one problem with the things Ski has sent me. 😀 (On the other hand, they take forever to get to her! 😛 )

What forum member? I have not ever sold on this forum. I have made one trade so far and I have bought a few things.

You said ‘the unicorns horns are prone to breaking’ so why would you just send them in their formed boxes instead of wrapping them thickly especially on the head and the horn with something like bubble wrap?? And that doesn’t fix the body scuffing either. They aren’t clean breaks so they can’t be ‘just glued back on’.

Skigod377
        Participant

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

What forum member? I have not ever sold on this forum. I have made one trade so far and I have bought a few things.

You said ‘the unicorns horns are prone to breaking’ so why would you just send them in their formed boxes instead of wrapping them thickly especially on the head and the horn with something like bubble wrap?? And that doesn’t fix the body scuffing either. They aren’t clean breaks so they can’t be ‘just glued back on’.Sorry to hear that. Thats why they were insured. As for people not buying from me, I have only had two accidents. One, a mother dragon sent to Arlla. Well padded, but not double boxed. She claimed the insurance, i helped the whole way, and that was that. And now you… who didnt keep the box and so cant claim the insurance. I am truly sorry the horns broke off. They were in their original box and double boxed. I figured that was adequate. Sometimes crap happens… thats what the insurance is for. It is (once again) not my fault you tossed out the evidence.

As for the forum member, it was an Ebay purchase.

Laurie
          Participant

If you open a box and see the item inside is damaged why would you throw the box away when you have insurance on it? I’ve had a windstone arrived broken before (not from Ski) and the first thing I did was take pictures of EVERYTHING including the box. I kept the broken windstone in his shipping box until I could get everything resolved.

Skigod377
            Participant

I just dont understand why she expects me to pay for her mistake. The items were very well packed and the post office could have attested to that if she would have kept the packaging. Go to the trash and get it, if you can, lets do the claim. I also cannot understand how she expects me to refund her purchase price… even though they were insured… when she would not do the same for others in this same situation. Its kinda hypocritical, if you ask me.

skigod377 wrote:

I just dont understand why she expects me to pay for her mistake. The items were very well packed and the post office could have attested to that if she would have kept the packaging. Go to the trash and get it, if you can, lets do the claim. I also cannot understand how she expects me to refund her purchase price… even though they were insured… when she would not do the same for others in this same situation. Its kinda hypocritical, if you ask me.

My e-bay ID is tatt2dcowgrl. Feel free to go look at my feedback- I have negatives from one lady about purchasing model horses where there was a misunderstanding. No negatives about windstones. Feel free to page through all pages of my feedback.

The trash is gone I don’t keep trash I take it to the apartment dumpster.

purpledoggy wrote:

If you open a box and see the item inside is damaged why would you throw the box away when you have insurance on it? I’ve had a windstone arrived broken before (not from Ski) and the first thing I did was take pictures of EVERYTHING including the box. I kept the broken windstone in his shipping box until I could get everything resolved.

I kept the PYO box but not the big outer box all 4 were shipped in. I have never made a claim before for broken items. I did once awhile back for an item that showed as delivered that I never got and still haven’t seen the money for that one.

Skigod377
              Participant

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

My e-bay ID is tatt2dcowgrl. Feel free to go look at my feedback- I have negatives from one lady about purchasing model horses where there was a misunderstanding. No negatives about windstones. Feel free to page through all pages of my feedback.

The trash is gone I don’t keep trash I take it to the apartment dumpster.

Im sorry you threw out the packaging. Someone who deals on Ebay and in shipping fragile items, I would think, should be well versed in the claiming of insurance. Your PM to me even stated that you thought you needed the original box to make the claim. I will not pay for your mistake, but if you manage to recover the original box, I would be glad to assist with the claim. As it is, I know that you would not offer a refund if our situations were reversed. To suggest that I should when you would not be willing to do so is hypocritical.

i used to run a shipping and receiving department for a Catterpillar franchise in Baltimore and rule 1 is check out the package before accepting it . If there is damage, and the damage is so extensive that the item couldnt have possibly survived or there is a hole in the box that the item could have fallen out of do not accept the package. If you do accept it and the item is broken take pictures of the box , the packaging that was in the box … paper , peanuts ( i hate those things) foam ect. and store the pictures in a safe place along with all the packaging and the container itself.

As alot of you know some peanuts are made biodegradable containing corn syrup that melt in contact with liquids (i hate them). If a box is soaking wet take a picture of that too and keep the box and its packing contents . If the packing is the peanuts i spoke of they will turn into a sticky mess and will not protect anything (again i hate them) , also they will addhere to the object pulling off paint so its not a good idea to use them with art of any type . As i said keep the box its very easy to see water damage on card board or even wood and metal containers after it is dry (not that any on here would use wood or metal).

If you dont have pictures and the container with packing your SOL. The shipper may have purchased the insurance but they dont provide the monitary compensation the insurence company does, and they WILL NOT pay out squat if they dont have pictures and the container with packing ready for inspection . I know from experience you can just as easily loose a $500,000 claim because of tossing stuff out as easily as a $50 one . Not even the word of the shipper flies with the insurance company they want proof , no proof no claim , thats just how it goes

Quote:

I kept the PYO box but not the big outer box all 4 were shipped in. I have never made a claim before for broken items. I did once awhile back for an item that showed as delivered that I never got and still haven’t seen the money for that one.

you must keep all the boxes inner and outter , with packaging. As far as having a claim go through it can take any where from a week to three months to see a refund.Insurance companies go by fiscal quarters to send back money . It doesnt seem fair or prompt but thats how insurers do business , they do a whole quarter at a time to save paper work . What is an inconvienience to us is good business to them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 312 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.