fbpx

A BIG Welcome to Megani-Chan

Home Forums Miscellany Community A BIG Welcome to Megani-Chan

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Welcome to the madness!

Bob

Megani-chan wrote:

Heh, I’m glad I joined too! πŸ™‚

I just got an email back from a nice guy named John saying that they have looked into those latex molds and even bought a few, and hopefully they will be able to “take them out” and stop the blatant copying. Glad that they can do something about it; I didn’t know if they could, but I wanted to tell somebody just in case.

The idea of somebody making money off cheap copies of such beautiful art that other people worked hard on and put so much love and effort into steams me so bad! πŸ‘Ώ If I ever saw an obvious Windstone fake in person I’d probably spaz and smack somebody over the head with it… as long as it wasn’t too heavy. πŸ™„
        John is Melody’s husband and a very nice person you will get lots of e-mails from him telling you when someone reponded to you here

Welcome!!

Megan
        Participant

Oh… so *that’s* who Mr. John is! That’s a good thing to know. Thanks, DM. You’re helping me learn the ropes real quick πŸ˜€

mimitrek… 😯 squirrels!!! I love squirrels! I think the ten thousand or so that dwell on my college campus are planning a hostile takeover. The chipmunks are their spies and the hawks are the only things standing in their way at this point… I support them all the way! I’m sure things would go a lot smoother around here if the squirrels were in charge. Thanks for the welcome!

Megani-chan wrote:

mimitrek… 😯 squirrels!!! I love squirrels!

Ooooh! Another squirrel lover! πŸ˜€

Megani-chan wrote:

I think the ten thousand or so that dwell on my college campus are planning a hostile takeover. The chipmunks are their spies and the hawks are the only things standing in their way at this point… I support them all the way!

Go squirrels!! Doubtless the squirrel army on your campus is just waiting for final orders from SquirrelLand…that’s the place we were getting ready to visit in this thread. Let us know what your squirrel persona is and we’ll add you to our tourist group! Say, what kind of squirrels do you see on campus?

Megani-chan wrote:

I’m sure things would go a lot smoother around here if the squirrels were in charge.

That’s what I’ve always thought! The world would be a fuzzier, bushier place…and there would be more nuts!

Megani-chan wrote:

Thanks for the welcome!

Glad you joined us! And since you’re a squirrel lover too — you might want to check out some of our squirrel oriented threads…aboutsquirrel uprisingssilly squirrel stuffSquirrelLand soldiers…and interesting squirrel info!

Bob

I think this place is NUTS enough!!

Megan
            Participant

The nuttier, the better! I will absolutely check out the squirrel threads πŸ˜€ I have two or three little buddies that live in the trees next to my best friend’s dorm. We’ve been feeding them sunflower seeds and goldfish crackers… it’s been very cold and snowy here lately and we felt for them, having to dig through a foot and a half of snow and ice to reach their buried food.

As to what kinds of squirrels live here on our lovely campus… there are lots of greys and quite a few browns, very much like the one in your avatar, mimitrek. They get along wonderfully, you see groups of both colors bouncing and wrestling and beating each other up all over the quad, like most squirrels do πŸ™„

Yet in a little town not half an hour from here, all the squirrels are black. No browns or greys at all. 😯 Yay for interesting gene distribution…

I keep a squirrel feeder for ones in my backyard — the feeder is in the tree right outside the kitchen window, so I can see them coming and going all the time. I give them a nut mix of sunflower seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, assorted tree nuts, and raisins/dried berries. Here are some pictures of them that I had posted in a previous thread…this guy is thinking about having lunch…this guy is having lunch…and this guy already had lunch

About half of the squirrels that come to my yard are grey, and the other half are black. I’ve only seen one fox squirrel (like the one in my avatar), and that was about 3 years ago. Its kind of odd, because I see only fox squirrels in some of the local parks.

By the way, a bunch of us have posted our pictures in this thread, so check it out if you want to see what people look like. You can post your picture in that thread too!

Megan
              Participant

Oh, okay! I’m awful with computers in general, but my buddy from Squirrel Dorm has a digital camera and knows everything about posting pics. (changes her MySpace pic almost daily with semi-religious zeal…)
                I’m sure I can talk her into helping me out if I pay her with Taco Bell πŸ˜€

Good idea with the squirrel feeders. Sadly none live at my house (in the middle of cornfields with no trees…) but my grandma’s got a bunch of them at her place. Grandpa’s rigged a bunch of little platforms in all the big trees that they attach corncobs to with woodscrews. That way the little boogers don’t take off with the whole thing, I guess. When the corn is gone they just unscrew the old cob and put on a new one.

Its neat that your grandparents feed the squirrels too! πŸ˜€ Actually, I’ve seen feeders like what your grandparents are using being sold in the pet store. They sell the cobs of dried corn in the pet store too.

Its too bad your house doesn’t have trees nearby, but at least you have plenty of squirrels around your dorm!

Megan
                Participant

Yep! For that reason it is the best dorm around. That, and it’s the only dorm that’s exclusively female, so it’s kind of like one big slumber party πŸ™„

Heh, and one of the senior girl’s boyfriends has a tiny itty-bitty little Yorkie dog that the squirrels just love to drive into a tizzy when he brings it by. Poor dog, the squirrels are bigger than it is…

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

You know, its kind of funny — my college dorm was also the only one on campus that’s exclusively female, and there were woods right in back of it so we saw quite a bit of wildlife. Those were the reasons that I liked my dorm too! There were a lot of squirrels, and deer also sometimes came at night and walked around underneath my window.

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Yay!!! Another squirrel lover!!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.