fbpx

96037's Art Thread : Tigers and Wolves and Hummingbirds! Oh my!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion 96037's Art Thread : Tigers and Wolves and Hummingbirds! Oh my!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Falcolf
    Participant

That zebra is fantastic looking! 😀 Very cute and I just love how it’s progressing!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Progress: 15 black chenille stems, 57 White chenille stems, around 12 hours of work so far. Time for bed, good night everyone!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Chloe
      Participant

Wow, these are really cool! I love the little dragon, too! Very cute. Keep us updated as to where you might sell these!

All done!

76 White chenille stems, 22 Black, 1 red, 1 Browm, 2 small black and 2 small white poms, 18 hours of work.

EDIT** OH NO!! I FORGOT THE MANE!!

EDIT AGAIN** Ok here he is with his mane.

Final total, 103 Chenille stems, 4 poms.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Falcolf
        Participant

He looks really awesome! Just brilliant work!! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
          Blocked

That’s cool! I have no idea how to do that but are there instructions somewhere for making these?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

No, it wasn’t a kit. I was just experimenting to see if I could do it. My friends had a bet to see if I could do something that complicated in the first try. Stripes like that are not easy, and I can already think of a few things I can do next time to make it easier, and smoother!

And thank you!

EDIT
            Here is the link to the artist i got the inspiration from, mine are much smaller, and I don’t have any of the fluffy pipe cleaners to work with yet, But I would gladly take a commission if anyone is interested. I was kinda surprised to figure out that I found another medium that I can just jump right into with ease, and I think it is fun. Here is the link to the artist’s blog, I had some trouble finding it the other night. I wanna be as good as her so i’ll have to practice some more.

>> http://chenillestems.blogspot.com/

Any idea’s for my next one? I have plenty of black and white. I have plans to do I tiger at some point, though I think I may work with my paintings for a bit first. I have so many half finished projects going on that I gotta get finished. 🙂

The large dragon on the rocks above I will plan to sell. I think he is either 18 or 22 inches tall, so he’s pretty big. I plan to get a lot of detail in him, and he is an exercise with blending for me. Can’t get better if ya don’t practice eh?

Falcolf
            Participant

Whoa, I never imagined you could do anything that complicated with pipe cleaners! Good luck! 😀

Perhaps a panda?

Excellent!

So, I took a break from pipecleaners today, so I thought I would try my hand at some water colors, even though i am actually using acrylic thinned with a dilution medium. So ya, a butterfly. 3.5″ X 4.75″. Luandry2011 says i should frame it and put it up for sale, I’;m really sure if people would be interested though. Just a paint doodle.

And tilted to see some of the interference

**edit

A better pic of the first ^^ and a second one i did:

interfernce. The red showed as violet on my camera, ah well what do ya do?

Interference is an irritant to photograph correctly, oh well..

EDIT 12/15/13 ** Fixed some broken links..

EDIT AGAIN 12/15/13**

Here is some stuff I’ve been doin for the past couple weeks..

Here is the big dragon, still a long ways to go though..

A pipe cleaner dragon in progress..

For size Ref.

Just practicing textures. Not sure if I could sell her, he was kinda on old papers and has 3 various colored ink stains. Probably not. Sorry for the poor picture, the massive detail did not want to come into focus on my camera.

Just killen time since I’m too weak to really do much. My hands are still really shaky. Watercolor Pencil. Just exploring some concept ideas

Colored Pencil with some watercolor pencil detail, practicing shading

and just because

EDIT**DECEMBER 19, 1013

recycling an old post..

Just finished this guy. Spent three hours drawing and carefully inking him. Lots of detail, that as usual, my camera hates.

Meet, Butter-dragon #1, Randoran. Sorry for such a poor picture.

Thanks for looking. Think I may sell him, but I have no idea what a good price for something like this is.. It is 4-3/4″ by 3-1/2″. (inches)

EDIT** DECEMBER 23 and 24, 2013

Hey, I have started another butterfly, on canvas this time.

This is an 8″ by 10″.

Another two and half hours about, but I still have a long ways to go.

tilted to see interference

Kim
              Blocked

Nice butterfly! Good job!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Just another progress shot, I plan to finish this tomorrow. Take a lot of patience and a tiny brush.. I don’t always have the steadiest of hands..

Adaneth
                Participant

It is looking fantastic! Maybe I missed the detail, but about what size is it?

to adaneth: This is an 8″ x 10″ canvas.

I plan to TRY and finish it tonight.. if they day goes well after I get my laundry done, hopefully I will..

EDIT** All done now!!

And together,

OK so the first swallowtail sold…and then my cat peed on it before I got it boxed up, so I’m doing another one as well as a new painting of, again, a butterfly.

“Swallowtail on Birch” #2 8″ x 10″ Acrylic on Canvas – pre-drawing (with an adjustment)

“Butterfly in the Bush” #1 8″ x 10″ Acrylic on Canvas – pre-drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 261 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.