96037's Art Thread : Tigers and Wolves and Hummingbirds! Oh my!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion 96037's Art Thread : Tigers and Wolves and Hummingbirds! Oh my!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 261 total)
  • Author

Ok so here is a spot for my other projects. oh and here is a link:
    to my freind and I’s shop. We are still working to fill it though.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/weaselsoneasels

ok so here is what i was working on today:

photo DSCN3835_zps52a6841a.jpg

and some other recent:

photo DSCN3823_zpsdbe6a834.jpg
     photo DSCN3824_zps2c62cec3.jpg
     photo DSCN3818_zpsce0ec778.jpg

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

oh and a recent finished project:

I have more pics if anyone wants to see.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Falcolf
    Participant

Looking really great! ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Bodine
      Participant

Those are really cool.Do you make these?

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

No, they are ceramic casts i bought at garage sales and whatnot, but i did (and am) painting them. ceramic is a lot different than the gypsum

Kim
        Blocked

Cool pictures! I like your little butterfly drawing too! Did you buy the shelf sitting dragons from somewhere or sculpt them?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Cool pictures! I like your little butterfly drawing too! Did you buy the shelf sitting dragons from somewhere or sculpt them?

garage sale actually, but i also know a site i can order them from.

Hmm I have not updated this in a while! So I have started working in pastel, and have done a few other things.

So first up is the pair of shelf sitter dragons. They are all set and are for sale for $15.00 + shipping. Feel free to PM if interested. They are done in acrylic, and have a green sheen of interference color. **EDIT** The Shelf sitters have been sold.

Next, I have made an eagle magnet and have molded it. I am currently reproducing it, and will be painting them in bald and golden eagle schemes. They will be $5.00 + shipping, and I have 3 in que to be made so far. this one is still rough and had not yet been touched up.
          **EDIT** I have molded my first batch of eagles, they are a little rough, however I will pictures when they are fully painted.

This is my very first soft pastel painting, done in all prisma nupastels. It isn’t the greatest, but I am hoping to get prints made. This is not a great picture, but I will post an update when i have my first couple prints. This was on a blue bristol paper board, so the colors are a slight bit dark.

And here are the pictures i was working from which i took at the minappolis airport:

Here is one that is currently in progress. I have been working with a small pad of mix media paper. 4.75″ X 3.5″

Here are two I finished to compare two diffent pastel. The first picture was the nupastels, and the second, is a cheap pro art pastel.

Here are the pictures I was using:

sorry for so many pics. I may have prints soon of some off them. I’ll update again when I can. Thanks for looking!!

Adaneth
          Participant

Those are really cool! If you ever do them in a grey ‘snow leopard’ sort of pattern, I will be all over that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Those are really cool! If you ever do them in a grey ‘snow leopard’ sort of pattern, I will be all over that! ๐Ÿ™‚

that could happen! I’d have to find the fur and order it first, but I am sure I could!

EDIT** I have found that color but I can only find it in short pile velboa. PM me if you want more info. ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT ** again..** I can have them in normal leapoard (various colors), snow leopard (some colors), cheatah, wolf/husky, blah blah, here are some colors, although one identical to what i have would be quickes, as i have that fur already.hmm..

and there is this, but it is short pile.

or this, but it is much more exspensive fur,

Could someone explain how a kickstart project would work? If i want lots of colors available that may be the best way to do it.. Any idea’s are welcome, i just kinda brainstorming… :/

my pic sizing is not working..i was trying to make them smaller..

NEW**

Teal/Green Textured Sea Dragon

This dragon is hand stained with a combination of cool mint, metallic teal, and silver patina, with a textured stone base. He is very carefully detailed, and as absolutely beautiful, although the pictures fail to show the sheen from the patina. He measures about 5 1/2 ” tall by 5 1/2 ” wide, and has a black felt pad on his base, signed and dated by me.

He will will be for sale for $25.00 + shipping. PM if you may be interested. Thanks for looking!

Thanks again!

sorry for so many pics!

So, I have started working with…drumroll**…Pipe cleaners aka, chenille sticks!! Here is what got me started >> http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/lauren-ryan-pipe-cleaner-sculptures

So, here is one of my first creations >

and my second>

And My curent work>

Size Reference>

The reindeer was made with 11 Pipecleaners. The zebra’s count is around 50 so far, and is the largest and by far most complicated chenille animal I have made. I don’t think it can get much harder than a fully striped body, but it is just a beginning I suppose. This is fun, but my hands and finger joints are hating me, I can only do so much at a time before my body is screaming to stop weaving. What do you think? About 6 hours in the zebra so far.

Kim
            Blocked

Those are cool! I’d like to see the whole zebra when done!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Linda
              Participant

I really like them, I would buy one if I had money.

Another Zebra Update: He now is comprised of 47 white and 9 black pipe cleaners and 9 hrs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 261 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.