fbpx

6am visitor – Sad News :(

Home Forums Miscellany Community 6am visitor – Sad News :(

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Patricia
    Participant

Wow…I would have comepletely freaked out to find that on my pillow. 😯

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Leigha
      Participant

I agree, they do NOT belong in my bed -.- I’ve got one of those beds that sits against the wall…now I’m thinking I need to pull it away from the wall enough that they can’t walk from the wall to the bed.

Kirin: I think my sister may have gotten bit by a hobo spider. She never saw the spider, but she got bit on the side of her torso while she was sleeping, it swelled up like a baseball and the doctors just gave her some bacitracin. She had to drain it twice a day and it was pretty painful for her. (I told her a spider layed it’s eggs in her stomach…oh man it was funny, but she was ready to punch me in the face. she’s super afraid of spiders heh I’m so evil)

I emailed the guy from the article, he agreed with the type and said it’s fine to just let it go outside in the bush. Also, they aren’t dangerous, just large and scary looking.

By far, this is not the largest spider in the area or that I’ve seen. We have tarantulas in the woods ^^ and I’ve seen spiders a little larger than this one bungee jump out of the trees in my area. One almost landed on my nephew when I was pushing him in the stroller one night. My sister flipped out.

As much as I think spiders are cool, this had better be the only large one to find it’s way into my room -.-

Thanks everyone ^^

lamortefille
        Participant

GAAAHHHH!! After reading all of that, I don’t think I’m ever going to visit your town, Leigha! lol

Leigha
          Participant

lol it’s not that bad. I don’t live in the woods, so I don’t see the tarantulas, my brother goes camping a lot, and he’s seen them πŸ˜› and the spider that dropped from the tree was only a little bit bigger than this one. Those ones tend to stay out of sight for the most part.

I put a fly in the kritter container with the spider ^^ she’s still roaming around, sticking her legs out of the air vents. The fly is just sitting on the side of the cage. It’s awesome when she crawls over the top of the cage, it’s a clear plastic top and I get to see her underside.

Elena
            Participant

My views on spiders….

Outside – Fine
              In the house – squish and flush
              πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Glad he turned out to be a non poisonous one and you set him free in his propper environment!

dragonmedley
              Participant

foxfeather wrote:

My views on spiders….

Outside – Fine
                πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Glad he turned out to be a non poisonous one and you set him free in his propper environment!

That sums is up very well!

I remember telling someone once: I don’t mind bugs as long as they stay out of my house.

He replied: I hope the bugs don’t think the same thing about you…

Ouch!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Leigha
                Participant

foxfeather wrote:

My views on spiders….

Outside – Fine
                  πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

but…I don’t want to set it free…I have a new pet! ^^

darjeb
                  Participant

Spiders are not my thing it would have been squashed

My first inclination was to say it looked like a hobo spider, too… but then I saw that the matter had already been discussed. Haha.

We have a bunch of hobo spiders here in Corvallis. They weren’t around in Los Angeles, but here… all over the place. We’ve run into at least four since moving, and there was a dead one in the sink when we got here. Yum. I reeeally don’t want to get bitten by one, it sounds nasty.

By the by–does anyone know how people tend to get bitten by hobo spiders so often? It seems weird to me since they are the sort of guys who like to run around in open areas rather than hiding in dark places like, say, black widows. It’s easy to stick your hand into a dark place without looking and get bitten by something, but it seems like if the spider was running around on the floor… you could just avoid it, smash it or put it outside or something without touching it. My thought is that it’s easier to step on them by accident–or maybe they just like to snuggle in bed… hehe.

I woulda beat that bed so hard it wouldn’t have ever been right again! I am not as bad as my mother, but anything that big, in my bed? I wouldn’t be able to sleep in there for a month let alone one night! Even if I found it and tear the room apart to make sure there wasn’t another. 😯 πŸ˜† Spiders…*gag* πŸ˜› I was in the bath tub when I was about 7 months pregnant, big as the broad side of a barn when one jumped into the bath with me. One of those big black taranchula looking ones that jump and will watch you walk around them. I never moved so fast in my life! Pulled two muscles and screamed. πŸ˜† Scott came on the run, and I made him drain all the fresh new water I had only spent 5 minutes in. Coulda been some web in there. O.O πŸ™„ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Heather
                    Participant

When we were living in the desert, we had these things called “sun spiders”. They aren’t spiders at all, they’re sopulgids; it doesn’t really matter because they look like giant spiders and they run like streaking h**l. Like so fast you can’t even see them. The adults can get to a size where their legs span six inches and the body is as big as my thumb. They have eight running legs plus a pair of pedipalps that are very long and they carry them out in front of them when they run. Looks like they’re reaching out to grab you. And they have gigantic fangs and teeny little beady eyes. I HATE them! We have a dwarf form of them in the Central Valley and I’m not wild about them either. But they don’t bother me like the giant desert ones do.

So anyway, one night I was lying half-awake and felt something tickling my nose. I have long hair and the ceiling fan was on, so I thought, “Dang it, there’s a loose hair on the pillow again.” I reached up and pinched at the pillow . . . and grabbed something large and squashy. Instant awake! Threw the whatsit at the far wall, then turned on the light and spent several minutes in the fetal position, shuddering and scanning the room like mad for what I’d thrown. Didn’t find it that night.

The next night, though, in the shower: ginormous sun spider. “HONEY GET THE BUG JAR!!”

Some things about the desert, I don’t miss. πŸ˜›

Maria
                      Participant

Oh man, these spider stories are hilarious. Sorry, Barrdwing, but I just had to laugh. I’m glad it didn’t hurt you – those sun spiders are creepy-looking animals.

You know…I used to think I wanted to live down south somewhere warm, or on the coast. Now with all those huge spiders you have, I think I will stay here and deal with the Wolf spiders, and smaller spiders. 😯 πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Heather
                        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Oh man, these spider stories are hilarious. Sorry, Barrdwing, but I just had to laugh. I’m glad it didn’t hurt you – those sun spiders are creepy-looking animals.

It’s OK! πŸ˜† In retrospect, it is funny as heck. I’m just so, so glad it didn’t bite me! The poor thing, sitting there tapping my nose with its leg thinking, “What is this weird thing?” and then getting grabbed and thrown across the room. Not a pleasant experience for it either! πŸ˜›

Akeyla
                          Participant

if you ever awake with a funny taste on your tongue that is because bugs (and that includes spiders) like warm and moist spaces.
                            so, saying your 6am visitor aimed to volunteer as breakfast is not exaggerating.

(ever since my friend told me this I forced myself to sleep with a closed mouth)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.