fbpx

4th Annual Windstone Forum Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap – ***Shipping Time!***

Home Forums Miscellany Community 4th Annual Windstone Forum Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap – ***Shipping Time!***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

4th Annual Windstone Forum Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap

***Is Now Closed***

With the holidays around the corner, it’s that time of year!
      I’ll be taking over Hosting duties this year, but it’s pretty much the same as previous years.

How it Works…
      Each person who signs up will make a holiday ornament and in return receive a holiday ornament lovingly made just for you by one of their fellow forum members (the person you send to will not necessarily be the same person who sends to you). The idea is to use whatever arts and craft supplies you have on hand and your creativity and imagination.

You don’t have to be a Michelangelo, Picasso or Melody Pena to participate, everyone is welcome! This is all about having FUN! ๐Ÿ˜€

***SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN UNTIL NOVEMBER 15th ***
      Sign-ups will be open for a week, sorry but we’re getting started late this year and remember that we have some members in other countries and we want to try and make sure everyone gets their goodies by Christmas. Because of the short sign-up period if you know of someone who might be interested, give them a poke. The More the Merrier!

Deadlines will be very similar to other swaps since it seems to work so well!

On NOVEMBER 16th I will draw names from the Basket of Joy and send you the name and information for the person you will be making an ornament for.

On DECEMBER 1st I will PM everyone asking about your progress (photos welcome, but not required). Please respond by DECEMBER 5th and I will send you the address of your recipient!

***SHIP DATE IS DECEMBER 10th***

To Sign-Up PM me your:

FORUM NAME:

ADDRESS:

WHAT HOLIDAY YOU CELEBRATE:

A FEW WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU LIKE TO INSPIRE YOUR CRAFTER:
      (do you decorate in a certain color? Do you have a favorite animal/mythical creature that you like to put on a tree? etc.)

ARE YOU WILLING IT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
      (Last year we had about an even number of participants from both the USA and Canada and remember we have members in other parts of the word as well. If you’re not able to ship internationally, no worries, just let me know so I can do my best to get you someone in your country)

**I will send you a confirmation within 24 hours, if you don’t hear from me within 24 hours, PM me again**

In the past several years we have had an amazing variety of different mediums used: embellished applique ornaments, hand painted balls, beaded glass ornaments, hand crafted dragons, just to name a few! You can still see some of the photos from our previous swaps in these threads:

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/3rd-annual-holiday-ornament-swap-2012
      http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/holiday-ornament-swap-2011-ship-december-8th
      http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/holiday-ornament-swap-please-mail-december-8th-0

So let’s get into the Holiday Spirit and have some Fun! :santa:

Kim
      Blocked

This sounds good but is it possible to move the ship date up for international people? I am in Canada and usually get things within 2 weeks from the U.S. but it has been as long as 3 or 4 weeks in the past so shipping Dec. 10, we would be lucky to get anything before Christmas.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Elena
        Participant

The date is based on the last ship date for regular parcel from both Canada Post and USPS for international shipping (if I have managed to misread that in the websites, please let me know). I don’t think that we’ve had too many people miss getting their goodies by using that ship date.

I know it seems late, but we’re already at under a month with those deadlines. Any earlier and I fear people might feel too rushed.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me ๐Ÿ™‚

I want too sooo bad again, I loved doing it last year, but we are gone from nov 19-dec4.

Elena
          Participant

Bumpy Bumpy :bigsmile:

A reminder that there is only 5 days left to Sign Up!

Kim
            Blocked

Have many signed up? I would like to do this but I am not sure if I am as talented as some of the people who made ornaments before. I could probably find some arts and crafts stuffs though to create something.

Elena
              Participant

Have many signed up? I would like to do this but I am not sure if I am as talented as some of the people who made ornaments before. I could probably find some arts and crafts stuffs though to create something.

If I remember correctly, we usually get about a dozen or so people for this one (skeeter would know better)
                You don’t have to be super talented to participate! All you need is the desire to have fun and make someone smile! ๐Ÿ˜‰

pegasus4240
                Participant

I signed up this year! Yay! Missed the deadlines before. Absolutely have loved seeing what everybody else got. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Angie

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

Usually around 12-18 people participate in this one, each one with their own style and medium. All that is required is a little creativity and love. <3

Kim
                    Blocked

Well I was in an arts and crafts store today looking around and trying to get some ideas. I had to buy a little paint brush and varnish there and think I got some ideas for ornaments. I was thinking about the gift exchange but trying to come up with more than one piece of anything at a time is overwhelming to me so mabye I will do this one. I have been enjoying the pyo swap so need another craft project.

Elena
                      Participant

Bumpity Bumpity :bigsmile:

A reminder that there are only 3 days left to sign up!

Victoria
                        Participant

I’m so excited! I have a handful of ideas…

Kim
                          Blocked

I decided to join too. I like ornaments!

Elena
                            Participant

Bumpy Bumpy :bigsmile:

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!!!!!
                              If you’ve been pondering, this is you last chance (and last chance to poke a friend ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) to join
                              We have 11 participants so far, the more the merrier! :santa:

Saturday I will draw names and get the info for your swapee out

Elena
                              Participant

I will shuffle names and get everyone’s swapee information out later this afternoon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.