3rd ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2012!!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps 3rd ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2012!!

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

I feel bad asking but I need some help, can someone give me a hand? A very dear member of my family is currently in the ICU. Can someone take over finishing up the swap for me? Basically I need someone to keep track and make sure everyone received a goody. I heard from every participant at progress report time so everything *should* be fine, but I’m probably not going to be around for a while to keep track. I feel awful for asking, but I want to make sure someone is around to watch to make sure everyone got a treat. Thanks <3

If you send me the list, I can do it.

I hope your family is ultimately okay. <3

Misty
      Participant

I just got my ornament! It’s a beautiful Ukrainian egg with a dragon painted on it ( or Pysanka, so sayeth the cute little mouse card that came with it) from siberakh1!! I absolutely love it, Thank you so much siberakh =) HUGS

and
        A UNICORN!!!
        Photobucket

IT’S SO FLUFFY!!!

lol that was my first thought ^^ Those are amazing!

I waaaaants a pink dragon >.> Do you make those to sell as well, Ruffian?

The lady that made the pattern for the unicorn fashioned it after the unicorn in Despicable Me http://sweetncutecreations.tumblr.com/post/19282968432/yagi-unicorn LOL.

The dragon was another free pattern http://heavens-hellcat.livejournal.com/807.html if you know anyone that crochets it was a very easy pattern.

So whoever had my name in the swap you might want tot track it if you can as nothing has showed up yet?

Kiya
        Participant

So whoever had my name in the swap you might want tot track it if you can as nothing has showed up yet?

I’ll give them a poke.

Has anyone else gotten theirs who hasn’t posted? Please send me a PM if so! πŸ™‚ Otherwise I’ll be harassing you all. πŸ™‚

siberakh1
          Participant

I just got my ornament! It’s a beautiful Ukrainian egg with a dragon painted on it ( or Pysanka, so sayeth the cute little mouse card that came with it) from siberakh1!! I absolutely love it, Thank you so much siberakh =) HUGS

Yay! I’m glad it arrived safely! πŸ˜€ Dragon Egg 1.0 decided to jump off the drying rack to the hardwood floor below >_<, so I had to scurry to make another one. Dragon Egg 2.0 is only my 3rd egg ever (I finally got to use the kit I bought years ago), so I'm glad you like it and it came out ok!

Ukrainian eggs are actually done with egg dye and wax. You draw out the design you want, and then cover in wax anything you want white, dye with the first color, and wax over what you want that color, dye the next color, repeat until complete. You dye in successively darker colors. Time consuming, but actually easier than you'd think, once you get going. πŸ™‚ Dry, then seal with oil based polyurethane if so desired. The different colors and shapes mean different things, though I don't think dragons are traditional, but they do fit right in on this forum! πŸ˜‰

siberakh1
            Participant

I received my lovely ornaments from Kiya well over a week ago (I let her know right away), but just managed to get photos uploaded to post here. πŸ™‚ Kudos if you understand the symbols without my explaining (I will at the bottom of the post). πŸ˜‰ She was very sneaky and, when I was chatting with her a few times recently and I got talking about rpg gaming, the topic of my favorite system of all time came up and I started going into the storyline as I was trying to flush a character out (I am very lucky to be having artwork of done by Ron Spencer for me, but I need to have him flushed out to really describe him properly). I started explaining some of the game and posted a link with the tribe descriptions, which also had images of the tribe symbols. She picked up on it and made me these! They are all interference colored and shiny! πŸ˜€ *SQUEEEEEEE!*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For anyone who does not know and needs explaining, they are the glyph tribe symbols for some of the tribes of the Garou Nation (and a subtribe) for White Wolf’s ‘Werewolf: the Apocalypse’ rpg. I could spew the mythology, folklore, and stories from that system in my sleep (and I own all the books and novels for it)! They are from left to right, top to bottom:

Stargazers, Wendigo, Children of Gaia, Silver Fang, Uktena, and the subtribe (that most don’t know exist, the Silver Fang disavow and the Wendigo understand their want to be left alone… the mix of Wendigo and Silver Fang blood) Siberakh! …. where I got my forum name from πŸ˜‰

Thank you so much Kiya! You totally caught me by surprise and I LOVE them! <3

NOTE: My tree in my bedroom is small and precariously perched this year due to a hasty, last minute setup (the house has been chaos with mom being in rough shape on top of everything else), so I could only place the small, Wendigo one this year. I didn't want to risk anything large or heavy possibly falling and breaking, including my ornament from Foxfeather last year. I did however find my elephant ornaments (one seen in the photo) from Etruscan from the first ornament swap (yay!).

Riversgrace
              Participant

I just wanted to say that I recieved my ornament while I was out of town from Etruscan! It was a double sided needle worked plushie ornament! It had Daddy deer on one side, and Mommy and baby deer on the other! Cutest thing about it…Their ears and tails move! Plus she sent me a stunning husky card!!!! πŸ™‚ Thank you again for the beautiful ornament and card!!!!

Elena
                Participant

YAY!
                  My ornament from Leigha was in the mail this morning. It’s a disk with Irises on it (my favorite flower). I’ll get picks later or Leigha if you have pics you can post them too! Thank you! :bigsmile:

Kiya
                  Participant

We just have two more ornaments to confirm delivery on, Yay! πŸ™‚

Oh foxfeather he is fantastic! I just opened him and I had to come and say a huge thank you I absolutely LOVE him! I am uploading pictures now, but I can’t post them until I get to work because I left my computer there, but I love love live him!

Oh foxfeather he is fantastic! I just opened him and I had to come and say a huge thank you I absolutely LOVE him! I am uploading pictures now, but I can’t post them until I get to work because I left my computer there, but I love love live him!

Ok I couldn’t wait, I decided to fool around with it on my iPad lol.

Ok so here she is, I’ve decided it’s a girl, and it’s Uhura!
                    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
                    And here is a shot of everything she sent, mmm chocolate lunch lol.

And just to show that yes I am one of those people here are a couple pictures to show that I am indeed crazy!
                    My iPads, first one is signed by the surviving members of the original series, the second is signed by the nine primary members of next gen.
                    This is a picture of the picture of me with the next gen crew, this is just after they signed my iPad, and sir Patrick Stewart looked at me like I was nuts lol.

Elena
                    Participant

Yay! I’m glad you like her! :bigsmile:
                      when I saw your ‘inspiration’ words, Griffin wearing a StarTrek Shirt and Santa hat was the first thing that came to mind. LOL

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.