fbpx

2019 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2019 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 598 total)
  • Author
    Courtney
    Participant

Red and silver eyes are my favorite but anything metallic or sparkling activates my collecting impulse as well 😄

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

merrillannwhite
      Participant

Just FYI. The new eBay piece that listed tonight doesn’t show up if you search “Windstone” on eBay. It is one of the cougars. This seems to happen from time to time with the cat sculpts, and the copper patina wolf didn’t show up either. Not sure why.

etruscan
        Participant

That’s odd. Both the cougar tonight and the CP wolf show up OK for me.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Ebay insists on diverting ‘Windstone’ searches to a fantasy etc. category, that may be the issue here. If the figure isn’t entered as a ‘fantasy’ figure by the seller, it won’t pop up because eBay diverts the search to only figures that are entered as fantasy. You have to get around this by clicking on the ‘Categories’ drop box after you’re on the search list page, then clicking on ‘All Categories’ and enter.

I don’t know if that was the issue here- both auctions popped up for me (awesome cougar!), but I automatically do the runaround I described above before I ever start to look.

I’m not a blue eye fan, but if it works with the paint job then it’s cool. I like it with the Winter Sunset scheme, it really helps pull out the blue antiquing. Same with Violet Flame. I liked it with the Wedding Cake dragons also, better than the production white’s yellow- and yellow is one of my favorite dragon eye colors. But I agree, I found it terrible with the black golds. The yellow eyes here would have been great. Or red, or orange… I was tempted to buy them, but the blue eyes made it an emphatic nope.

I prefer different colors with different species groups of figures, but really the paint job is the ultimate determinant. Even colors I don’t really like can be ‘right’ with the proper paint scheme.

tig3r06
            Participant

These are the 2 categories I always check: fantasy and animals.

Screenshot_20190905-200457_eBay

etruscan
              Participant

It looks like you are right. I use a saved search that automatically goes to “All Categories”. However, when I tried going to the the ebay site and searching for “Windstone” it did take me to ‘Fantasy” instead of “All Categories”, and the cougar did not show up.
                Stupid ebay – why set up a system that reduces the chances for someone to find an item to buy?

merrillannwhite
                Participant

I bet that is what is happening to me.

I like any color eyes, as long as they go with the color scheme. I like the blue with the winter sunset because it picks out the blue interference accents. Blue eyes to match the antiquing on the violet flame would have been nice also. I do think gold eyes would have looked better on the black gold pieces. I think the white production pieces would be gorgeous with lavender eyes. Some contrast is nice though, for example, I like the gold eyes on the red fire pieces better than the red eyes on the ruby. I also think the current peg family would be nice with copper colored eyes. Usually the eyes picked look good.

etruscan
                  Participant

P.S. Ebay just did the same thing when I ran a search for my silver pattern. It set the category as “Flatware” instead of “All Categories” so that the tray I found earlier did not show up. Presumably they think that this is a good thing. After all, which is more important – selling a $22.00 fork or selling a $1750.00 tray?

GardenNinja
                    Participant

Gahhhh! I was wondering why Windstone was missing so many days of auctions. I had a saved search that looked in “all categories”, somehow it got updated to only look in fantasy. I don’t know how I managed that – I’ve known about the problem, and had carefully saved the “all categories” search.
                      Now to find all the auctions I missed.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
                      Participant

THESE LISTINGS ARE COMPLETED.

COPPER PATINA PEBBLE WOLF TEST PAINT #1 BY MELODY
                        20190821-COPPER-PATINA-PEBBLE-WOLF-TEST-PAINT-1

COPPER PATINA PEBBLE WOLF TEST PAINT #2 BY MELODY
                        20190831-COPPER-PATINA-PEBBLE-WOLF-TEST-PAINT-2

GardenNinja
                        Participant

GRAB BAG COUGAR – FANTASY GB 2019 BY MELODY
                          20190905-GRAB-BAG-COUGAR-FANTASY-GB-2019-BY-MELODY

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

I don’t know when that happened! I had the same problem, so I’ve updated my ‘Windstone’ search to ‘All Categories’… eBay must have been updating their site, which happens frequently, and the settings got messed up/changed. I know I didm’t do it! Beautiful Cougar! I tried for the CP Wolf but was outbid at the last minute… oh well.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Susie
                            Keymaster

Just wanted to let you know that we didn’t start an auction today. eBay didn’t make it disappear!

GardenNinja
                              Participant

WINTER SUNSET SITTING GRIFFIN CHICK TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA
                                20190907-WINTER-SUNSET-SITTING-GRIFFIN-CHICK-TEST-PAINT-1-BY-GINA

GardenNinja
                                Participant

GRAB BAG COUGAR – FANTASY GB 2019 BY MELODY
                                  20190908-GRAB-BAG-COUGAR-FANTASY-GB-2019-BY-MELODY

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 598 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.