2019 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2019 eBay Auction Picture Thread

This topic contains 552 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  cathartes-flora 6 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 553 total)
  • Author

GardenNinja
    Participant

GRAB BAG ADULT AND BABY POAD™ – GB 2018 BY MELODY

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Attachments:

GardenNinja
    Participant

WINTER SUNSET MALE GRIFFIN TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

Attachments:

Angelika_Zen
    Participant

The griffin is beautiful, but i would have gone with NOT-blue-eyes. Plum would have been nice in this case IMO. Does anyone know why 99% of windstones have blue eyes, even when they dont match the colour of the sculpt? I always wondered that myself…especially with all the colour options out there.

Check out my gallery ** PYO Windstones for sale **
    Wanted: "Dragon Fruit #1" Male Dragon

GardenNinja
    Participant

It seems to me that blue eyes are considered beautiful, so they probably appeal to more people. If the eye color isn’t going to match, I prefer green eyes myself. Or brown or black, depending on the color of the sculpt and the species.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

The griffin is beautiful, but i would have gone with NOT-blue-eyes. Plum would have been nice in this case IMO. Does anyone know why 99% of windstones have blue eyes, even when they dont match the colour of the sculpt? I always wondered that myself…especially with all the colour options out there.

This was either asked via the forum or discussed in person many years ago (my memory is a bit muddy!) but I think Melody either said that they just prefer blue eyes most in many of the sculptures/that it looks good. It would make a good “ask Melody” question!

As for the griffin in question, from an artistic point of view, blue makes good sense, as it brings attention to the non-warm color notes (interference blue) and keeps the griffin from being too monotone.

I'm here to help! Time sensitive issues: See a spammer? Website going haywire? email me! nambroth at gmail.com

etruscan
    Participant

It seems to me that blue eyes are considered beautiful, so they probably appeal to more people. If the eye color isn’t going to match, I prefer green eyes myself. Or brown or black, depending on the color of the sculpt and the species.

Or red … or tan … I don’t refuse to buy Windstones with blue eyes but I tend to avoid them if there are other options. Blue eyes in a grab bag piece are a negative for me. I suspect that I’m in the minority. Other people think that blue eyes are very desirable.

Ela_Hara
    Participant

I’ve been shying away from Blue some as well. Oranges, Reds and Plum/Lavender are draws for me. Green eyes don’t seem to be used too much either but might look good with some of the recent pieces.

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
    Participant

I like silver and lavender for unis and hippocampus the best but blue metallic is perfect at times.Yellow,tan etc for Griffins and kitties.imo
    The Poad(tm)set are very nice.

BE EXCELLENT TO ONE ANOTHER
    The little things,act by act,deed by deed,it means something.

Tig3r06
    Participant

Or red … or tan … I don’t refuse to buy Windstones with blue eyes but I tend to avoid them if there are other options. Blue eyes in a grab bag piece are a negative for me. I suspect that I’m in the minority. Other people think that blue eyes are very desirable.

I’m not a fan of blue either, but learned to accept it as most of the greenish ones I love the paint scheme of and that I have in my collection, have blue eyes. I absolutely love seafoam green and other green colored eyes, of course 😆
    It would be nice to have more mixes of lavender and other colors, there’s always alot of blue.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Really? I like the blue eyes on this one. It brings out the color in the interference paint.

I am however a sucker for red eyes myself.

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone that I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs on a limited basis. Happy to help with DIY questions - PM me*

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Zebra Cuttlefish Male Griffin and Kirins
    Caribbean Sitting Spectral
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
    Betta Sun and Male Dragon
    Barn Swallow, Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, and Fireberry Dragons
    Rainbow Grab Bag Cougars, Oris, and Unis

Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

My fav. color of eyes is blue; I think male Griffin looks amazing in blue eyes; luv all my Windstone treasures with any color eyes.
    🐶 eyes are light blue; her left eye is marbled with gold on top, I wear blue contacts, and the dream I had I was chatting with a live Poad her eyes were light sparkly blue!!

Bullsquid
    Participant

I like blue eyes if they match well with a color scheme, but not if they seem out of place. I don’t like Black Gold as a color scheme very much because the blue eyes just look wrong to me. I think tan/gold eyes would look great in a lot of instances where blue eyes are used.

That said, I think the blue eyes on the Winter Sunset male griffin nicely highlight the blue interference paint.

fatalbeauty
    Participant

blue looks fine on the griffin to me….the only color that I just don’t like is the toxic waste green ones…

sometimes red bothers me but only if it just doesn’t seem to fit the sculpt, my brain goes “Unicorns shouldn’t have red eyes!”…red doesn’t bother me in dragons though, I like it there….

Sitting Cat found! SOON! OMG YEY!

dashesndots
    Participant

I love the blue eyes on this griffin, but I love them in general too.

Winter Sunset on the griffin is absolutely stunning. Beautiful colors and I love the interference paint.

Syn
    Participant

I love blue (or teal) eyes and red eyes. I positively hate the yellow eyes that Windstone used to use so much, and they caused me to pass on many pieces.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 553 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.