fbpx

2019 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2019 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 598 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

GRAB BAG ADULT AND BABY POAD™ – GB 2018 BY MELODY
      20190903-GRAB-BAG-ADULT-AND-BABY-POAD™-GB-2018-BY-MELODY

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
      Participant

WINTER SUNSET MALE GRIFFIN TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA
        20190904-WINTER-SUNSET-MALE-GRIFFIN-TEST-PAINT-1-BY-GINA

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

The griffin is beautiful, but i would have gone with NOT-blue-eyes. Plum would have been nice in this case IMO. Does anyone know why 99% of windstones have blue eyes, even when they dont match the colour of the sculpt? I always wondered that myself…especially with all the colour options out there.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

GardenNinja
          Participant

It seems to me that blue eyes are considered beautiful, so they probably appeal to more people. If the eye color isn’t going to match, I prefer green eyes myself. Or brown or black, depending on the color of the sculpt and the species.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

This was either asked via the forum or discussed in person many years ago (my memory is a bit muddy!) but I think Melody either said that they just prefer blue eyes most in many of the sculptures/that it looks good. It would make a good “ask Melody” question!

As for the griffin in question, from an artistic point of view, blue makes good sense, as it brings attention to the non-warm color notes (interference blue) and keeps the griffin from being too monotone.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

etruscan
              Participant

Or red … or tan … I don’t refuse to buy Windstones with blue eyes but I tend to avoid them if there are other options. Blue eyes in a grab bag piece are a negative for me. I suspect that I’m in the minority. Other people think that blue eyes are very desirable.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I’ve been shying away from Blue some as well. Oranges, Reds and Plum/Lavender are draws for me. Green eyes don’t seem to be used too much either but might look good with some of the recent pieces.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                  Participant

I like silver and lavender for unis and hippocampus the best but blue metallic is perfect at times.Yellow,tan etc for Griffins and kitties.imo
                    The Poad(tm)set are very nice.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

tig3r06
                    Participant

I’m not a fan of blue either, but learned to accept it as most of the greenish ones I love the paint scheme of and that I have in my collection, have blue eyes. I absolutely love seafoam green and other green colored eyes, of course 😆
                      It would be nice to have more mixes of lavender and other colors, there’s always alot of blue.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Really? I like the blue eyes on this one. It brings out the color in the interference paint.

I am however a sucker for red eyes myself.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Suzanne-Marie
                        Participant

My fav. color of eyes is blue; I think male Griffin looks amazing in blue eyes; luv all my Windstone treasures with any color eyes.
                          🐶 eyes are light blue; her left eye is marbled with gold on top, I wear blue contacts, and the dream I had I was chatting with a live Poad her eyes were light sparkly blue!!

Bullsquid
                          Participant

I like blue eyes if they match well with a color scheme, but not if they seem out of place. I don’t like Black Gold as a color scheme very much because the blue eyes just look wrong to me. I think tan/gold eyes would look great in a lot of instances where blue eyes are used.

That said, I think the blue eyes on the Winter Sunset male griffin nicely highlight the blue interference paint.

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

blue looks fine on the griffin to me….the only color that I just don’t like is the toxic waste green ones…

sometimes red bothers me but only if it just doesn’t seem to fit the sculpt, my brain goes “Unicorns shouldn’t have red eyes!”…red doesn’t bother me in dragons though, I like it there….

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

dashesndots
                              Participant

I love the blue eyes on this griffin, but I love them in general too.

Winter Sunset on the griffin is absolutely stunning. Beautiful colors and I love the interference paint.

Syn
                                Participant

I love blue (or teal) eyes and red eyes. I positively hate the yellow eyes that Windstone used to use so much, and they caused me to pass on many pieces.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 598 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.