fbpx

2015 Forum ACEO Swap | Checking In – Have all ACEO Card packets Been Received?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps 2015 Forum ACEO Swap | Checking In – Have all ACEO Card packets Been Received?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hey Guys! πŸ™‚ Sorry this is a long thread, but it’s chock full of information!

Bodine suggested a Forum ACEO Swap last month and asked if I would like to host it… Well, I had great fun working on an ACEO card and illustration card for a couple of forum friends recently, and those two projects got me back in the mood to work on drawing and inking again (which I haven’t done in quite a while). I surprised myself and found that I still love it, and I would like to do some more.
      So Bodine, Yes – I would love to Host the Forum ACEO Swap!

For those of you who have never done an ACEO, or heard of them, they are basically ‘Trading Cards’ that artists make and trade – sort of like mini art pieces that are representative of your style of art. So, yes that means that you can paint, draw, ink, use charcoal, chalk, or any other media you wish that will fit onto an ACEO Card. In fact, I encourage you to make your ACEO Cards with whatever medium you are comfortable working with, especially since these ACEOs represent YOU and your work! It’ll be fun receiving mini pieces of art from different ACEO artists participating in the Swap. πŸ™‚

ACEO Card Dimensions and Materials:
      There is only ONE Rule for ACEO Cards – they MUST be 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches in size. The finished ACEO card can be in a vertical or landscape orientation, but they must only be this size. You can purchase ready-made Art Cards online at DickBlick.com or other art supply sites, but ACEOs are actually very easy and inexpensive to make. Here’s what I do… I buy the appropriate paper or card weight stock in a Pad or single sheets – you can find several at Art Supply stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc.) made for pencils, inks, charcoal drawing, acrylics, oils or watercolors, or my favorite, Mixed Media. I like using a pad because I like the fact that I can plan out my piece and draw, paint, ink it, etc. on a slightly larger sized piece of stock so my image will be big enough, so that when I cut it down to the correct size, it will have a natural ‘bleed’ off the edges. This is the processes which works best for me, but please do what works best for you! Just make sure that your ACEOs and package you mail to me doesn’t contain any hazardous materials that the post office would be upset by.

The ACEO Swap:
      The object of the ACEO swap is to make your own unique, one of a kind ACEOs to send fellow ACEO Swap participants, and you will get unique, one of a kind ACEOs from others in return – it’s that simple! This will be a blind swap that I will coordinate, and the ACEO cards you mail to me will be shuffled to send to the Swap participants. So after sorting them I will have packets of several ACEOs heading your way, mailed out by me to you. I would like to have everyone participating commit to a minimum of three ACEO’s per person, since they are small (2-1/2 x 3-1/2 size). This is because I would like to have a good assortment to send to all of you. You can certainly make more if you like, I just thought three would be a fair minimum to strive for.

I will mail out the completed cards after I receive them from all the participants. You can start working on your ACEO cards whenever you want, but I need to receive them by the end of October, so I can confirm receipt of your cards and can start compiling the packets for mailing out. I ask that you can have them in the mail by October 16, to ensure I receive them in plenty of time. I will send an email out by October 31st, to confirm that yours were received, or if I haven’t received them yet. When I receive the cards, I will confirm them on this thread (by forum names) and by PM – please let me know if you would prefer to remain anonymous and I don’t need to post your name on this thread.

When all the cards have been received, they will be sleeved (I’ll provide the sleeves if you don’t have any), and randomly drawn. I’ll shuffle them to ensure that no one receives their own cards back. Everyone should put their forum name (or real name will work too) on the back of the ACEOs you send, just so when I’m mixing them up, I can keep tabs that no one is getting their own ACEO back, LOL… πŸ™‚
      I will package and mail out the ACEO cards to Swap participants in Mid-November, or when the ACEOs have all been received and sorted, whichever is sooner.

I’d like to run the Sign Up through Tuesday, August 25th, and if you want to sign up please let me know by sending a PM to me, Ela_Hara. Please title your PM ‘Forum ACEO Swap’ and include your name and address. I’ll PM you back to confirm I received your Sign Up and to send you my mailing address to send your completed ACEO cards. If you put them in a padded envelope, or put a stiff card with them in a regular envelope to protect the ACEOs, that would be best.

Mail by Date to me: Friday, October 16th (Yes, you can mail earlier πŸ™‚ )

Minimum # of ACEOs to commit to: Three (3) per participant (can do more if you like!). Please write your forum (or real name, or both, if you wish) on the backs.

Receipt Confirmation to Participants: By Saturday, October 31st (confirm receipt or identify potential issues)

ACEO Packets mailed out to participants: Mid-November, or when all ACEOs have been received and sorted, whichever is sooner (November 16, approximately)

To Sign Up, Please PM me, Ela_Hara, and I’ll confirm that I got your PM as soon as I can.

Don’t be shy – you can do this!
      Even if you haven’t done any ACEO cards before, they’re not hard. Hey, this is my first ACEO Swap too!

Come on… the more the merrier! πŸ˜€

*~*~*~*~*~* ACEO CARD UPDATE NOVEMBER 18, 2015 *~*~*~*~*~*
      I’m keeping a running tally below, which I’ll update as participant’s ACEO cards come in to me until they are all in. As I receive the last of the ACEO Cards I will also independently PM you in case you aren’t on the forum frequently. If you prefer that I don’t post your name on this list, please let me know by PM.

I’ll Update this list as I receive your ACEO’s. πŸ˜€

TO DATE I’VE RECEIVED ACEO Cards From:
      8/31: Meowmix101
      10/5: Amstaff
      10/15: Bodine
      10/27: Mercury Star
      10/27: Zloy720
      11/6: chibishiro12

IMPORTANT NOTE: Since I’ve been so crazy-busy the past couple weeks and I’ll be out of town next week through the first week in December, the new date for me to sort and mail out ACEO card packets to all participants will be approximately December 9. I’ll follow up with everyone when I send out everyone’s ACEO card packets.

I also plan on hosting another ACEO Card Swap after the New Year around February to early April, so if anyone had wanted to join the Swap but didn’t get a chance, you could think about joining the next Swap in early 2016. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

I’m excited! And gives me time to work with everything that has my real life all upside down right now too (and moments of distraction from it). I’m hoping this sparks my mood to do more traditional art, it’s been so long!

Landipan
        Participant

Woot woot! Excited to participate in the swap! I’ve actually already finished my ACEOs for this, I started them when I first read about this idea lol. It’s been great to get back into watercolors!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Zloy720
          Participant

I know exactly what you mean lol! Just been waiting for this thread!

So excited *happy dance, dddoooiiinn’ the happy dance yeah!*

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Woot woot! Excited to participate in the swap! I’ve actually already finished my ACEOs for this, I started them when I first read about this idea lol. It’s been great to get back into watercolors!

I know exactly what you mean lol! Just been waiting for this thread!

So excited *happy dance, dddoooiiinn’ the happy dance yeah!*

You Guys are just Too Funny! LOL! πŸ˜€
              I’m a big ‘joiner’ too…. I’m doing the Make-A-Fuzzy Swap, this ACEO Swap, gonna do something for Quest 19, AND once it’s up, I’ll probably also join the PYO Swap… I Love doing it all! LOL!

Mercury Star
              Participant

I signed up! I have not done an ACEO swap in a long while, and never participated in one on this forum. I am excited!

Zloy720
                Participant

Lol! Same here Ela_Hara! Also of course doing both swaps, the quest, & just waiting for the fall pyo swap to start, same as you! :party:

I love seeing everyone’s originality in the various swaps and all the positive energy they always seem to bring about. Its always so much fun getting involved with folks on the forum in these more interactive type events that I just want to take advantage of every opportunity possible to participate and do so! :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

‘K, I signed up – It’s been ages since I’ve done anything small… Now if minimum size wuz in feet i wouldn’t worry so much since i’ve been scenic painting for work… πŸ˜‰ :bigsmile:

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Hey Hey Guys!
                      Three days left to sign up for this ACEO Swap – anyone else interested? Sign Up closes on Tuesday, August 25th!

We’ve got 11 signed up so far – come join the fun! πŸ™‚

Kim
                      Blocked

Okay I will join.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Woo Hoo! πŸ˜€
                          We’ve got an even Dozen signed up for the ACEO Swap, and one participant has already notified me that they have mailed theirs to me! Yeah! πŸ™‚

Hope you guys are having fun! I’m going to start mine over Labor Day weekend… πŸ™‚

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Hey Guys!
                            This is a ‘Pulse Check’ – how’s everyone doing with their ACEO Cards?
                            One participate has already sent theirs to me – thanks!

I’ve starting mine, but of course need to fit them in between all the stuff I normally do (and soon a PYO Swap too!), but I’m on my way! πŸ™‚

REMINDER: Please mail your completed ACEO Cards to me by October 16th (or earlier) so I can sort them and send them out by November 16 or so…. πŸ˜€

Kim
                            Blocked

Oh shoot, I never got any cards in the mail and forgot about this! I will double check if my mom saw anything come in the mail but I didn’t.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Amstaff
                              Participant

Almost done ! Maybe next weekend I hope? Maybe sooner ? I only have one card left to do some small details on, then to cut them and mail them ! πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum
                                Participant

I’m behind ‘cuz work got super busy but I’m hoping to get a good bit done starting Sunday…

tdm πŸ™‚

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.