fbpx

2011 New Years Resolutions!

Home Forums Miscellany Community 2011 New Years Resolutions!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Skigod377
      Participant

You’ve had a couple days to think about it… Now post those New Years Resolutions here!! Good luck everybody!!

Maintain my weight and keep running.
        Pay off a bill- for real this time.
        No new credit lines.
        Earn at least 9 more credit hours.
        Put away incoming rent money for drastic rental home improvements.
        Keep in touch with family.

LadyFirebird
        Participant

Hmmm–I don’t make resolutions any more since I break them within the first week! But I do plan to do what I’ve been doing–taking classes, getting my house in order, trying to eat healthy and exercise and try, try, try to keep a positive outlook. We’ll see.

bayoudragon
          Participant

I was soooo close last year trying to cut my debt in half… but then the fridge and the laptop went out and set me back. I am tentatively only allowing myself 2-3 Windstones this year (tentatively), so I should be able to make some good progress in the debt department this year. πŸ™‚

1 – reduce big credit card in half
            2 – pay off laptop
            3 – maybe go to Yosemite in late May or so
            4 – get motivated enough to do some traditional artwork
            5 – cook more

That’s a start. I don’t want to overload myself. πŸ˜†

I don’t really make resolutions, but if I did it would be to kick this stupid anxiety/anger/depression/dependency problem in the ass ^^;

edit: oh right, and save for a TV and a new DS. *flail*

Amanda
            Participant

Yeah! I was looking for this thread the other day, I thought it was fun seeing how last years turned out even though I hadn’t posted on it. Let’s see…

Pass my written and skills exam to become a CNA-Done! (hey, it was just yesterday so it still counts πŸ˜‰ )
              Get a second part time job as a CNA
              End the year with lower credit card balances
              Save for a new computer
              Do at least one piece of art each month
              Lose 50lbs

Will be interesting to see the update! lol

Apari
              Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Ohh! Can I come? I love that place, especially from the very top of Half Dome. πŸ˜€

I would like to buy my 1st house this year, I met my savings goal last year but upped it 50% for a down payment.
                That’s the for sure thing I want to do.

Amanda
                Participant

Is everyone else giving up on resolutions this year? πŸ˜†

Amanda
                  Participant

Thinking about my resolutions for 2012, better see how I did this year!

Pass my written and skills exam to become a CNA-Passed my test the first week in January.

Get a second part time job as a CNA-Started in March, have been working 50 hours a week since July… :/

End the year with lower credit card balances-Success! Will continue to lower debt in 2012

Save for a new computer-Typing this from my new comp I got this month (with savings, not credit! lol)

Do at least one piece of art each month-Failed miserably…I didn’t do even one thing…been stressed because I hate being a CNA and working so much… πŸ™

Lose 50lbs-Semi success, I lost 20 lbs this year.

Will have to work on my 2012 list to post!

Kelly
                    Participant

Thinking about my resolutions for 2012, better see how I did this year!

Pass my written and skills exam to become a CNA-Passed my test the first week in January.

Get a second part time job as a CNA-Started in March, have been working 50 hours a week since July… :/

End the year with lower credit card balances-Success! Will continue to lower debt in 2012

Save for a new computer-Typing this from my new comp I got this month (with savings, not credit! lol)

Do at least one piece of art each month-Failed miserably…I didn’t do even one thing…been stressed because I hate being a CNA and working so much… πŸ™

Lose 50lbs-Semi success, I lost 20 lbs this year.

Will have to work on my 2012 list to post!

Congrats on the things you did acomplish! Not an easy task to achieve those. I didn’t see this post last year. I don’t really make resolutions as I break them instantly, lol. I’ll have to think on this a bit longer I’m sure I’ll have something I want to do this year that’s attainable. πŸ™‚

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

As far as diets and losing weight is concerned–I don’t bother making resolutions. I did manage to keep the 10 pounds I lost off and will try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Instead of resolutions, these are the things I hope to accomplish:

Finish my studies and graduate.
                        Get internships.
                        Be gainfully employed.

If I can get these three things accomplished, I’d say it has been a good year!

bayoudragon
                        Participant

I was soooo close last year trying to cut my debt in half… but then the fridge and the laptop went out and set me back. I am tentatively only allowing myself 2-3 Windstones this year (tentatively), so I should be able to make some good progress in the debt department this year. πŸ™‚

1 – reduce big credit card in half
                          2 – pay off laptop
                          4 – get motivated enough to do some traditional artwork
                          5 – cook more

That’s a start. I don’t want to overload myself. πŸ˜†

1 – I was close. While I never get it cut in half, I am happy that it came close. Progress is always good. :bigsmile:

2- YES! I paid off my laptop! Woot!

3 – nope πŸ˜›

4 – I did a couple of things, but not as much as I had hoped. Oh well.

5 – A little. πŸ™‚

The only resolution I’m making for next year is to get moved ASAP. LOL

bayoudragon
                          Participant

I went ahead and started one for next year. πŸ˜‰

2012 New Years Resolutions

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.